Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Using at utility on 10.8.2 not working Post 302711037 by sakurashinken on Friday 5th of October 2012 10:17:29 AM
Old 10-05-2012
Thanks. That's what I needed. I assume cron can be cryogenically unfrozen in a similar way.

Last edited by sakurashinken; 10-05-2012 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: Choice of words

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not working...select utility

#!/usr/bin/bash name="$@" myname=malay #echo $myname select firstname in $name; do if ;then echo $firstname else break fi done invoking with:- ./script.sh one two three four five six seven eight nine malay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

3. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Nslookup working but ping not working at windows client

Hi Team we have created a DNS server at RHEL6.2 environment in 10.20.203.x/24 network. Everything is going well on linux client as nslookup, ping by host etc in entire subnet. We are getting problem in windows client as nslookup working as well but not ping. all the firewall is disabled and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating pbrun /bin/su not working, whenever manually it is working using putty

I am trying to automate a script where I need to use pbrun /bin/su but for some reason it is not passing thru the pbrun as my code below. . ~/.bash_profile pbrun /bin/su - content c h 1 hpsvn up file path I am executing this from an external .sh file that is pointing to this scripts file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorgejac
14 Replies

7. Solaris

Expect utility not working for Solaris 11

iam withdrawing this thread , It was my mistake I didn't read the code properly (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lftp is not working.how to replace lftp with expect utility using same .cfg file.

We have lftp command inside shell file. which is intern calling .cfg file for transferring the file from one server to other. Below command to not working. lftp -e "set net:max-retries 1; set net:reconnect-interval-base 1; put -E -O /destinationdir/inbox/ /sourcedir/test.txt; bye" -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working web service call not working with curl

Hello, Newbie here, I have a perfectly well working web service call I can issue from chrome (PC Windows 10) and get the results I want (a dimmer being turned on in Fibaro Home Center 2 at level 40) I am not allowed to post urls but the below works with http and :// and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abigbear
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Utilization in HTML format working in one environment and not working on the other

Hi Team, I have written the shell script which returns the result of the disk space filesystems which has crossed the threshold limit in HTML Format. Below mentioned is the script which worked perfectly on QA system. df -h | awk -v host=`hostname` ' BEGIN { print "<table border="4"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harihsun
13 Replies
cron(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  cron(1M)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
cron starts a process that executes commands at specified dates and times. You can specify regularly scheduled commands to cron according to instructions found in crontab files in the directory /var/spool/cron/crontabs. Users can submit their own crontab file using the crontab(1) command. Commands which are to be executed only once can be submitted using the at(1) command. cron only examines crontab or at command files during its own process initialization phase and when the crontab or at command is run. This reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. As cron never exits, it should be executed only once. This is done routinely by way of the svc:/system/cron:default service. The file /etc/cron.d/FIFO file is used as a lock file to prevent the execution of more than one instance of cron. cron captures the output of the job's stdout and stderr streams, and, if it is not empty, mails the output to the user. If the job does not produce output, no mail is sent to the user. An exception is if the job is an at(1) job and the -m option was specified when the job was submitted. cron and at jobs are not executed if your account is locked. Jobs and processses execute. The shadow(4) file defines which accounts are not locked and will have their jobs and processes executed. Setting cron Jobs Across Timezones The timezone of the cron daemon sets the system-wide timezone for cron entries. This, in turn, is by set by default system-wide using /etc/default/init. If some form of daylight savings or summer/winter time is in effect, then jobs scheduled during the switchover period could be executed once, twice, or not at all. Setting cron Defaults To keep a log of all actions taken by cron, you must specify CRONLOG=YES in the /etc/default/cron file. If you specify CRONLOG=NO, no log- ging is done. Keeping the log is a user configurable option since cron usually creates huge log files. You can specify the PATH for user cron jobs by using PATH= in /etc/default/cron. You can set the PATH for root cron jobs using SUPATH= in /etc/default/cron. Carefully consider the security implications of setting PATH and SUPATH. Example /etc/default/cron file: CRONLOG=YES PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb: This example enables logging and sets the default PATH used by non-root jobs to /usr/bin:/usr/ucb:. Root jobs continue to use /usr/sbin:/usr/bin. The cron log file is periodically rotated by logadm(1M). FILES
/etc/cron.d Main cron directory /etc/cron.d/FIFO Lock file /etc/default/cron cron default settings file /var/cron/log cron history information /var/spool/cron Spool area /etc/cron.d/queuedefs Queue description file for at, batch, and cron /etc/logadm.conf Configuration file for logadm ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), at(1), crontab(1), sh(1), logadm(1M), svcadm(1M), queuedefs(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The cron service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cron:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. DIAGNOSTICS
A history of all actions taken by cron is stored in /var/cron/log and possibly in /var/cron/olog. SunOS 5.10 5 Aug 2004 cron(1M)