Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filtering out certain output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers filtering out certain output Post 302710875 by itkamaraj on Friday 5th of October 2012 04:37:43 AM
Old 10-05-2012
Code:

$ nawk '/Meta Device Members/{gsub("[()]","",$4);a=8+$4;for(i=1;i<a;i++){getline;if(i>=8)print "delete dev ",$(NF-7)}}' input.txt
delete dev  6AD2
delete dev  6AD3
delete dev  6AD4
delete dev  6AD5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to do some filtering

I have to grep a pattern. scenario is like :- Suppose "/etc/sec/one" is a string, i need to check if this string contains "one" using any utility something like if /etc/sec/one | grep ; then Thanks in advance Renjesh Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering print output

I have these data below and i want my output to print only the 3rd files. For example, in /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login, i want to print only "nyfix". /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login /opt/home/security/.k5login /opt/home/noc/.k5login what is the appropriate command in shell scripting ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

5. AIX

Need help with filtering

Hi!! I have a bit of a task here and filtering/scripting not my strongest. I have to collect info of approx 1100 hdiskpower.so i have appended all the hdisk into a text file and i need it to run the command lscfg -vl to confirm if the drive is symmetrix. here's what i have so far at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering

Hi I am interested in DNS resolving a set of sites and each time the output is different- $ host www.yahoo.com www.yahoo.com is an alias for fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com. fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com is an alias for ds-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com. ds-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com is an alias for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and formatting the output

Hi Team, I have input file like below. UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_CREATE_SUB_KEY, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba} UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering output from given input

Hi All, I have a input file as below. Input file may contain more hostlists. sample Input file $ cat hostlist.lst cs18-db1-1-sjl cs22-db1-1-was na88-db1-1-chi na21-db1-2-was I want the output like below format. Pls help. Thanks ! Output format: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Output Filtering

Hi, I have this command on my linux jmap -heap $pid | grep '%\|:' the output of which is like below: I need a smart way to check if any of these memory usage crosses 95%, 90% and 85% i need to triggerAlert accordingly. I know how to trigger email alerts however I need a good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
FDFORMAT(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FDFORMAT(8)

NAME
fdformat - Low-level formats a floppy disk SYNOPSIS
fdformat [-n] device DESCRIPTION
fdformat does a low level format on a floppy disk. device is usually one of the following (for floppy devices, the major = 2, and the minor is shown for informational purposes only): /dev/fd0d360 (minor = 4) /dev/fd0h1200 (minor = 8) /dev/fd0D360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0H360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0D720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0H720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0h360 (minor = 20) /dev/fd0h720 (minor = 24) /dev/fd0H1440 (minor = 28) /dev/fd1d360 (minor = 5) /dev/fd1h1200 (minor = 9) /dev/fd1D360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1H360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1D720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1H720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1h360 (minor = 21) /dev/fd1h720 (minor = 25) /dev/fd1H1440 (minor = 29) The generic floppy devices, /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd1, will fail to work with fdformat when a non-standard format is being used, or if the for- mat has not been autodetected earlier. In this case, use setfdprm(8) to load the disk parameters. OPTIONS
-n No verify. This option will disable the verification that is performed after the format. SEE ALSO
fd(4), setfdprm(8), mkfs(8), emkfs(8) AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) AVAILABILITY
The fdformat command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux 0.99 1 February 1993 FDFORMAT(8)