Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filtering out certain output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers filtering out certain output Post 302710783 by prodigy06 on Friday 5th of October 2012 12:57:31 AM
Old 10-05-2012
do you mean to do it like this?

Code:
DEV=$1

symdg show $DEV -sid 123 >> showdev.txt

awk '
    /----/ { next; }
    /Meta Device Members/ {
        snarf = 1;
        split( $(NF-1), a, "(" );
        n = a[2]+0;
        next;
    }

snarf == 1 && $1 == "Dev" { snarf = 2; next; }

n > 0 && snarf > 1 {
        gsub( "-->", "" );
        n--;
        printf( "delete dev %s\n", $1 );
        next;
    }
' showdev.txt

its giving out

awk: syntax error near line 13
awk: illegal statement near line 13

---------- Post updated at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:33 PM ----------

i just thought about it, but cant translate it into commands, we can grep out '
Meta Device Members (4) :
then use the number 4 to increment the user input device id which is in hex form. in this scenario

6AD2 6AD3 6AD4 6AD5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to do some filtering

I have to grep a pattern. scenario is like :- Suppose "/etc/sec/one" is a string, i need to check if this string contains "one" using any utility something like if /etc/sec/one | grep ; then Thanks in advance Renjesh Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering print output

I have these data below and i want my output to print only the 3rd files. For example, in /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login, i want to print only "nyfix". /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login /opt/home/security/.k5login /opt/home/noc/.k5login what is the appropriate command in shell scripting ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

5. AIX

Need help with filtering

Hi!! I have a bit of a task here and filtering/scripting not my strongest. I have to collect info of approx 1100 hdiskpower.so i have appended all the hdisk into a text file and i need it to run the command lscfg -vl to confirm if the drive is symmetrix. here's what i have so far at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering

Hi I am interested in DNS resolving a set of sites and each time the output is different- $ host www.yahoo.com www.yahoo.com is an alias for fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com. fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com is an alias for ds-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com. ds-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com is an alias for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and formatting the output

Hi Team, I have input file like below. UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_CREATE_SUB_KEY, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba} UNDEF : SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering output from given input

Hi All, I have a input file as below. Input file may contain more hostlists. sample Input file $ cat hostlist.lst cs18-db1-1-sjl cs22-db1-1-was na88-db1-1-chi na21-db1-2-was I want the output like below format. Pls help. Thanks ! Output format: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Output Filtering

Hi, I have this command on my linux jmap -heap $pid | grep '%\|:' the output of which is like below: I need a smart way to check if any of these memory usage crosses 95%, 90% and 85% i need to triggerAlert accordingly. I know how to trigger email alerts however I need a good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
MooseX::ClassAttribute::Trait::Class(3) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   MooseX::ClassAttribute::Trait::Class(3)

NAME
MooseX::ClassAttribute::Trait::Class - A trait for classes with class attributes VERSION
version 0.27 SYNOPSIS
for my $attr ( HasClassAttributes->meta()->get_all_class_attributes() ) { print $attr->name(); } DESCRIPTION
This role adds awareness of class attributes to a metaclass object. It provides a set of introspection methods that largely parallel the existing attribute methods, except they operate on class attributes. METHODS
Every method provided by this role has an analogous method in "Class::MOP::Class" or "Moose::Meta::Class" for regular attributes. $meta->has_class_attribute($name) $meta->get_class_attribute($name) $meta->get_class_attribute_list() These methods operate on the current metaclass only. $meta->add_class_attribute(...) This accepts the same options as the Moose::Meta::Attribute "add_attribute()" method. However, if an attribute is specified as "required" an error will be thrown. $meta->remove_class_attribute($name) If the named class attribute exists, it is removed from the class, along with its accessor methods. $meta->get_all_class_attributes() This method returns a list of attribute objects for the class and all its parent classes. $meta->find_class_attribute_by_name($name) This method looks at the class and all its parent classes for the named class attribute. $meta->get_class_attribute_value($name) $meta->set_class_attribute_value($name, $value) $meta->set_class_attribute_value($name) $meta->clear_class_attribute_value($name) These methods operate on the storage for class attribute values, which is attached to the metaclass object. There's really no good reason for you to call these methods unless you're doing some deep hacking. They are named as public methods solely because they are used by other meta roles and classes in this distribution. BUGS
See MooseX::ClassAttribute for details. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.18.2 2013-03-28 MooseX::ClassAttribute::Trait::Class(3)