Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to find lenght of fixed width file record? Post 302710771 by Seshendranath on Friday 5th of October 2012 01:21:56 AM
Old 10-05-2012
actually wht ever command which i gave is working in intractive mode but when i run d program it removing spaces in record and returning d record count d same while writing in to file.
thaxz fr reply in advance.

---------- Post updated at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:55 AM ----------

can any give me code fr d below
Actually i am reading a record from teradata db table i.e, fixed width with spaces in between, now i want to find good record from tht file according to record length if length is more than the fixed width file length then it will remove tht error record to new file from base file. we will give file as parameter. Plzs help out in this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fixed Width file using AWK

I am using the following command at the Unix prompt to make my 'infile' into a fixed width file of 100 characters. awk '{printf "%-100s\n",$0}' infile > outfile However, there are some records with a special character "©" These records are using 3 characters in place of one and my record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.benjwal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a record in fixed width flatfile

I have a fixed width flatfile with 5 columns, i will load file from oracle database to the flatfile for every 15 min at the end of the file, i want to insert a record by calling a shell script for inserting a record. please can any one help me. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limou
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we convert a '|' file into a fixed lenght???

Hi All, I have a pipe separated flat file.But there is often some problem with the records.So is it possible to convert the '|' separated file into a fixed length file by means of some script. The file has 11 columns which means 10 pipes.Your help is appreciated. i'm using Sun OS Version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help with Fixed width File Parsing

I am trying to parse a Fixed width file with data as below. I am trying to assign column values from each record to variables. When I parse the data, the spaces in all coumns are dropped. I would like to retain the spaces as part of the dat stored in the variables. Any help is appreciated. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sate911
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing \n within a fixed width record

I am trying to remove a line feed (\n) within a fixed width record. I tried the tr -d ‘\n' command, but it also removes the record delimiter. Is there a way to remove the line feed without removing the record delimiter? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed-Width file from Oracle

Hi All, I have created a script which generates FIXED-WIDTH file by executing Oracle query. SELECT RPAD(NVL(col1,CHR(9)),20)||NVL(col2,CHR(9))||NVL(col3,CHR(9) FROM XYZ It generates the data file with proper alignment. But if same file i transfer to windows server or Mainframe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two fixed width file

Hi Guys I am checking the treads to get the answer but i am not able to get the answer for my question. I have two files. First file is a pattern file and the second file is the file i want to search in it. Output will be the lines from file2. File1: P2797f12af 44751228... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshul_er
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a fixed width file

I have a fixed width file of length 53. when is try to get the lengh of the record of that file i get 2 different answers. awk '{print length;exit}' <File_name> The above code gives me length 50. wc -L <File_name> The above code gives me length 53. Please clarify on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Fixed Width File

Thank u so much .Its working fine as expected. ---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:46 PM ---------- I need one more help. I have another file(fixed length) that will get negative value (ex:-00000000003000) in postion (98 - 112) then i have to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)