Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Installing Windows 7 on a GPT drive Post 302710677 by DGPickett on Thursday 4th of October 2012 04:34:02 PM

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error After Installing Tape Drive

Hi, I am a newbie to Solaris, I have a SunFire V120 box, i was trying to install a tape drive(HP SureStore DAT24), i did the install in this manner. # rm -rf /etc/path_to_inst # init 6 later at the "ok" prompt i gave "boot -ar" after doing that it asked me various options i accepted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendra.rait
2 Replies

2. Linux

Installing tape drive?

Hello. I have Redhat 8.0 on a laptop. Working good. I wanted to install the tape drive that is physically attached to it. The tape drive worked fine under Windows98SE. It's one of those parallel QIC-80 drives and I confirmed that it is supported by FTape. It appears that FTape might already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuralTurtle
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 10 on Flash Drive

Where can I find instructions for doing this? I am running Win XP and would like to be able to run solaris 10 from my flash drive. Thanks, Carrie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carrie Heiser
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

help regarding installing FEDORA on flash drive

How should i install Fedora onto flash drive .. to boot the OS from flash drive.. plz help me in that!! :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies
WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)					      General Commands Manual						 WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)

NAME
wikipedia2text -- displays Wikipedia entries on the command line SYNOPSIS
wikipedia2text [-BCnNoOpPsSuU] [-b prog] [ {-c | -i | -I } patt] [-l lang] [-W base-url] Query wikipedia2text -o [-b prog] [-l lang] Query wikipedia2text [-h] wikipedia2text -v wikipedia2text -r DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wikipedia2text command. wikipedia2text fetches and renders Wikipedia articles using a text-mode web-browser (currently recognises elinks, links2, links, lynx and w3m) and display the text of the article on STDOUT respectively in a pager. OPTIONS
The program recognizes the following command line options: -b prog Use program prog as browser. -B Do not use browser configured via configuration file or environment. -c patt, -I patt Colorize case-sensitive pattern patt in output. -C, -N Colorize output. -h Show help and a summary of options. -i patt Colorize case-insensitive pattern patt in output. -l lang use Wikipedia in language lang. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. -n Do not colorize output. -o Open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -O Do not open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -p Use a pager (set by default). -P Don't use a pager. -r Display a random Wikipedia article. -s Display only the summary of the Wikipedia article. -S Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only the summary. -u Just print the URL of the Wikipedia page and exit. -U Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only print the URL of the page. -v Show version number. -W base-url use base-url as base URL for wikipedia (e.g. use a different wiki), querying this URL will happen by appending the search term. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables are recognized: ABROWSER Browser to use as default instead of to found or configured web browser. IGNCASE Default value for case-sensitivity of colorizing the output. Can be set to "true" or "false". LOCAL Default value for language in which Wikipedia should be used. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. OUTPUTURL Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the URL of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". PAGER Default value for pager to use. Can also be set to "true", in which case, wikipedia2text tries to figure out the appropriate pager, or "false", which means not to use a pager at all. SHORT Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the summary of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". USEBROWSER Determines, if wikipedia2text should open the Wikipedia page via openurl in the globally set default browser, i.e. Firefox or Konqueror, by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". FILES
$HOME/.wikipedia2textrc Will be sourced from wikipedia2text on startup. Should contain variable assignments. The same variables as for the environment are recognised. WIKIPEDIA LANGUAGES
wikipedia2text currently supports the following Wikipedia languages: af Cape Dutch (Afrikaans) als Alemannic ca Catalan cs Czech da Danish de German en English eo Esperanto es Spanish fi Finnish fr French hu Hungarian ia Interlingua is Islandic it Italian la Latin lb Luxembourgian nds Low German nl Dutch nn, no Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal) pl Polish pt Portuguese rm Rhaeto-Romanic ro Romanian simple Simple English sk Slovak sl Slovenian sv Swedish tr Turkish SEE ALSO
elinks(1), links(1), links2(1), lynx(1), w3m(1) AUTHOR
wikipedia2text was written by Christian Brabandt <cb@256bit.org>. Patches also from Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org>. This manual page was written by Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 any later ver- sion published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. HISTORY
wikipedia2text was first released by Christian Brabandt on in his blog (link to URL http://blog.256bit.org/archives/126-Wikipedia-in-der- Shell.html) with as script named wiki. Some users may find it useful to create an alias with that name for speeding up the typing of a wikipedia2text command if no other command of that name is present. OTHER INFO
The current version of wikipedia2text should be available at on Christian Brabandt's website (link to URL http://www.256bit.org/~chris- bra/wiki) . WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)