Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Using at utility on 10.8.2 not working Post 302710667 by Corona688 on Thursday 4th of October 2012 04:23:26 PM
Old 10-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurashinken
I did that, and it still didn't work.
In what way did it "didn't work"? Did it print any messages or anything?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not working...select utility

#!/usr/bin/bash name="$@" myname=malay #echo $myname select firstname in $name; do if ;then echo $firstname else break fi done invoking with:- ./script.sh one two three four five six seven eight nine malay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

3. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Nslookup working but ping not working at windows client

Hi Team we have created a DNS server at RHEL6.2 environment in 10.20.203.x/24 network. Everything is going well on linux client as nslookup, ping by host etc in entire subnet. We are getting problem in windows client as nslookup working as well but not ping. all the firewall is disabled and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating pbrun /bin/su not working, whenever manually it is working using putty

I am trying to automate a script where I need to use pbrun /bin/su but for some reason it is not passing thru the pbrun as my code below. . ~/.bash_profile pbrun /bin/su - content c h 1 hpsvn up file path I am executing this from an external .sh file that is pointing to this scripts file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorgejac
14 Replies

7. Solaris

Expect utility not working for Solaris 11

iam withdrawing this thread , It was my mistake I didn't read the code properly (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lftp is not working.how to replace lftp with expect utility using same .cfg file.

We have lftp command inside shell file. which is intern calling .cfg file for transferring the file from one server to other. Below command to not working. lftp -e "set net:max-retries 1; set net:reconnect-interval-base 1; put -E -O /destinationdir/inbox/ /sourcedir/test.txt; bye" -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working web service call not working with curl

Hello, Newbie here, I have a perfectly well working web service call I can issue from chrome (PC Windows 10) and get the results I want (a dimmer being turned on in Fibaro Home Center 2 at level 40) I am not allowed to post urls but the below works with http and :// and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abigbear
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Utilization in HTML format working in one environment and not working on the other

Hi Team, I have written the shell script which returns the result of the disk space filesystems which has crossed the threshold limit in HTML Format. Below mentioned is the script which worked perfectly on QA system. df -h | awk -v host=`hostname` ' BEGIN { print "<table border="4"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harihsun
13 Replies
Time::Progress(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Time::Progress(3)

NAME
Time::Progress - Elapsed and estimated finish time reporting. SYNOPSIS
use Time::Progress; # autoflush to get working $| = 1; # get new `timer' my $p = new Time::Progress; # restart and report progress $p->restart; sleep 5; # or do some work here print $p->report( "done %p elapsed: %L (%l sec), ETA %E (%e sec) ", 50 ); # set min and max values $p->attr( min => 2, max => 20 ); # restart `timer' $p->restart; my $c; for( $c = 2; $c <= 20; $c++ ) { # print progress bar and percentage done print $p->report( "eta: %E min, %40b %p ", $c ); sleep 1; # work... } # stop timer $p->stop; # report times print $p->elapsed_str; DESCRIPTION
Shortest time interval that can be measured is 1 second. The available methods are: new my $p = new Time::Progress; Returns new object of Time::Progress class and starts the timer. It also sets min and max values to 0 and 100, so the next report calls will default to percents range. restart restarts the timer and clears the stop mark. optionally restart() may act also as attr() for setting attributes: $p->restart( min => 1, max => 5 ); is the same as: $p->attr( min => 1, max => 5 ); $p->restart(); If you need to count things, you can set just 'max' attribute since 'min' is already set to 0 when object is constructed by new(): $p->restart( max => 42 ); stop Sets the stop mark. This is only useful if you do some work, then finish, then do some work that shouldn't be timed and finally report. Something like: $p->restart; # do some work here... $p->stop; # do some post-work here print $p->report; # `post-work' will not be timed Stop is useless if you want to report time as soon as work is finished like: $p->restart; # do some work here... print $p->report; continue Clears the stop mark. (mostly useless, perhaps you need to restart?) attr Sets and returns internal values for attributes. Available attributes are: min This is the min value of the items that will follow (used to calculate estimated finish time) max This is the max value of all items in the even (also used to calculate estimated finish time) format This is the default report format. It is used if report is called without parameters. attr returns array of the set attributes: my ( $new_min, $new_max ) = $p->attr( min => 1, max => 5 ); If you want just to get values use undef: my $old_format = $p->attr( format => undef ); This way of handling attributes is a bit heavy but saves a lot of attribute handling functions. attr will complain if you pass odd number of parameters. report report is the most complex method in this package. :) expected arguments are: $p->report( format, [current_item] ); format is string that will be used for the result string. Recognized special sequences are: %l elapsed seconds %L elapsed time in minutes in format MM:SS %e remaining seconds %E remaining time in minutes in format MM:SS %p percentage done in format PPP.P% %f estimated finish time in format returned by localtime() %b %B progress bar which looks like: ##############...................... %b takes optional width: %40b -- 40-chars wide bar %9b -- 9-chars wide bar %b -- 79-chars wide bar (default) Parameters can be ommited and then default format set with attr will be used. Sequences 'L', 'l', 'E' and 'e' can have width also: %10e %5l ... Estimate time calculations can be used only if min and max values are set (see attr method) and current item is passed to report! if you want to use the default format but still have estimates use it like this: $p->format( undef, 45 ); If you don't give current item (step) or didn't set proper min/max value then all estimate sequences will have value `n/a'. You can freely mix reports during the same event. elapsed estimate helpers -- return elapsed/estimate seconds. elapsed_str estimate_str helpers -- return elapsed/estimated string in format: "elapsed time is MM:SS min. " "remaining time is MM:SS min. " all helpers need one argument -- current item. FORMAT EXAMPLES
# $c is current element (step) reached # for the examples: min = 0, max = 100, $c = 33.3 print $p->report( "done %p elapsed: %L (%l sec), ETA %E (%e sec) ", $c ); # prints: # done 33.3% elapsed time 0:05 (5 sec), ETA 0:07 (7 sec) print $p->report( "%45b %p ", $c ); # prints: # ###############.............................. 33.3% print $p->report( "done %p ETA %f ", $c ); # prints: # done 33.3% ETA Sun Oct 21 16:50:57 2001 GITHUB REPOSITORY
git@github.com:cade-vs/perl-time-progress.git git clone git://github.com/cade-vs/perl-time-progress.git AUTHOR
Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski "Cade" <cade@biscom.net> <cade@datamax.bg> <cade@cpan.org> http://cade.datamax.bg perl v5.18.2 2013-07-08 Time::Progress(3)