Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to convert csv file to html with good visibility Post 302710399 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 4th of October 2012 11:43:35 AM
Old 10-04-2012
if the % column is # 2 (otherwise change $pct_col):

Code:

#!/bin/ksh
perl -F',' -lane 'BEGIN{
$pct_col=2;
@bgc=("lightgreen","lightsteelblue");
open O, ">output_db.html"; print O "<html><body><table border=1><tbody>"
};
chomp;
print O "<tr>";
for $i (0..@F-1) {
   $cbgc=@bgc[$i % 2];
   if (${i} == ($pct_col - 1)) {
      $pct=@F[$i];
      $pct=~s/ *[%].*$//;
      $pct=~s/^ *//;
      $cbgc="red" if ($pct <= 20);
   }
   print O "<td bgcolor=" . $cbgc . " >@F[$i]<\/td>"
}
print O "<\/tr>";
END {print O "</tbody><\/table><\/body><\/html>"; close O}' DBA_CHECKS.csv

Last edited by rdrtx1; 10-04-2012 at 01:10 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to convert .csv file to.xls format

I have a .csv file in Unix box i need a UNIX script to convert the.csv files to.xls format. Its very urgent please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert csv to html file

Hi All, I am new to this forum,not sure where to post this query...so posted here Kindly need any of your help on the below ------------ I am using shell scripting and trying to convert a csv file to html file... example.csv --------------- Name Country Age Sex Andy India 25 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumithra
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any script which convert binary file to CSV format

Dear guys; I have a binary file and I need to convert its data to csv format ...appreciating your help. Best Regards (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to convert csv to html

Hi Written some script to convert csv to html but could not add table headers.Below are the errors iam getting ./csv2html | more + awk -v border=1 -v width=10 -v bgcolor=black -v fgcolor=white BEGIN { printf("<table border=\"%d\" bordercolor=\"%s\" width=\"%d\"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeebala1981
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

Hi, I have script which generates the output as below: Jobname Date Time Status abc 12/9/11 17:00 Completed xyz 13/9/11 21:00 Running I have the output as a text file. I need to convert it into a HTML Table and sent it thru email ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert CSV file to HTML

Hi, I have made a a script which creates a csv file as daily database report However i want to covert that csv file to html because csv file does not have a good visibilty. So it is possible to have such csv to html coversion script. Your prompt help much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to convert TXT file into CSV

Hi Team, i have some script which give output in TXT format , need script to convert TXT file into CSV. Output.TXT 413. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6002 macro_outcome_dist-8.0.0(v1_0_2) KK:1.2.494 (1234:333:aaa:2333:3:2:333:a) 414. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6004 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

My concnern related to the post -Convert shell script output txt file to html table, in this how to print the heading as color. awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' <filename> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarajobmai
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert csv data to html format

I am new to html and need to convert the attached csv file data to html format ; running into issues. please assist. #!/bin/ksh echo "<html>" ; echo "<head><style> table {border-collapse: collapse;} table, td, th {border: 1px solid black;} </style></head>" echo "<title> REPORT </title>" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana25
0 Replies
Ufunc(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Ufunc(3pm)

NAME
PDL::Ufunc - primitive ufunc operations for pdl DESCRIPTION
This module provides some primitive and useful functions defined using PDL::PP based on functionality of what are sometimes called ufuncs (for example NumPY and Mathematica talk about these). It collects all the functions generally used to "reduce" or "accumulate" along a dimension. These all do their job across the first dimension but by using the slicing functions you can do it on any dimension. The PDL::Reduce module provides an alternative interface to many of the functions in this module. SYNOPSIS
use PDL::Ufunc; FUNCTIONS
prodover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via product to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the product along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = prodover($b); $spectrum = prodover $image->xchg(0,1) prodover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. dprodover Signature: (a(n); double [o]b()) Project via product to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the product along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = dprodover($b); $spectrum = dprodover $image->xchg(0,1) Unlike prodover, the calculations are performed in double precision. dprodover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. cumuprodover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b(n)) Cumulative product This function calculates the cumulative product along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. The sum is started so that the first element in the cumulative product is the first element of the parameter. $a = cumuprodover($b); $spectrum = cumuprodover $image->xchg(0,1) cumuprodover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. dcumuprodover Signature: (a(n); double [o]b(n)) Cumulative product This function calculates the cumulative product along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. The sum is started so that the first element in the cumulative product is the first element of the parameter. $a = cumuprodover($b); $spectrum = cumuprodover $image->xchg(0,1) Unlike cumuprodover, the calculations are performed in double precision. dcumuprodover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. sumover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via sum to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the sum along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = sumover($b); $spectrum = sumover $image->xchg(0,1) sumover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. dsumover Signature: (a(n); double [o]b()) Project via sum to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the sum along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = dsumover($b); $spectrum = dsumover $image->xchg(0,1) Unlike sumover, the calculations are performed in double precision. dsumover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. cumusumover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b(n)) Cumulative sum This function calculates the cumulative sum along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. The sum is started so that the first element in the cumulative sum is the first element of the parameter. $a = cumusumover($b); $spectrum = cumusumover $image->xchg(0,1) cumusumover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. dcumusumover Signature: (a(n); double [o]b(n)) Cumulative sum This function calculates the cumulative sum along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. The sum is started so that the first element in the cumulative sum is the first element of the parameter. $a = cumusumover($b); $spectrum = cumusumover $image->xchg(0,1) Unlike cumusumover, the calculations are performed in double precision. dcumusumover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. orover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via or to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the or along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = orover($b); $spectrum = orover $image->xchg(0,1) If "a()" contains only bad data (and its bad flag is set), "b()" is set bad. Otherwise "b()" will have its bad flag cleared, as it will not contain any bad values. bandover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via bitwise and to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the bitwise and along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = bandover($b); $spectrum = bandover $image->xchg(0,1) If "a()" contains only bad data (and its bad flag is set), "b()" is set bad. Otherwise "b()" will have its bad flag cleared, as it will not contain any bad values. borover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via bitwise or to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the bitwise or along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = borover($b); $spectrum = borover $image->xchg(0,1) If "a()" contains only bad data (and its bad flag is set), "b()" is set bad. Otherwise "b()" will have its bad flag cleared, as it will not contain any bad values. zcover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via == 0 to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the == 0 along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = zcover($b); $spectrum = zcover $image->xchg(0,1) If "a()" contains only bad data (and its bad flag is set), "b()" is set bad. Otherwise "b()" will have its bad flag cleared, as it will not contain any bad values. andover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via and to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the and along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = andover($b); $spectrum = andover $image->xchg(0,1) If "a()" contains only bad data (and its bad flag is set), "b()" is set bad. Otherwise "b()" will have its bad flag cleared, as it will not contain any bad values. intover Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via integral to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the integral along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = intover($b); $spectrum = intover $image->xchg(0,1) Notes: "intover" uses a point spacing of one (i.e., delta-h==1). You will need to scale the result to correct for the true point delta). For "n > 3", these are all "O(h^4)" (like Simpson's rule), but are integrals between the end points assuming the pdl gives values just at these centres: for such `functions', sumover is correct to O(h), but is the natural (and correct) choice for binned data, of course. intover ignores the bad-value flag of the input piddles. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. average Signature: (a(n); int+ [o]b()) Project via average to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the average along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = average($b); $spectrum = average $image->xchg(0,1) average does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. daverage Signature: (a(n); double [o]b()) Project via average to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the average along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = daverage($b); $spectrum = daverage $image->xchg(0,1) Unlike average, the calculation is performed in double precision. daverage does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. medover Signature: (a(n); [o]b(); [t]tmp(n)) Project via median to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the median along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = medover($b); $spectrum = medover $image->xchg(0,1) medover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. oddmedover Signature: (a(n); [o]b(); [t]tmp(n)) Project via oddmedian to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the oddmedian along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = oddmedover($b); $spectrum = oddmedover $image->xchg(0,1) The median is sometimes not a good choice as if the array has an even number of elements it lies half-way between the two middle values - thus it does not always correspond to a data value. The lower-odd median is just the lower of these two values and so it ALWAYS sits on an actual data value which is useful in some circumstances. oddmedover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. pctover Signature: (a(n); p(); [o]b(); [t]tmp(n)) Project via percentile to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by finding the specified percentile (p) along the 1st dimension. The specified percentile must be between 0.0 and 1.0. When the specified percentile falls between data points, the result is interpolated. Values outside the allowed range are clipped to 0.0 or 1.0 respectively. The algorithm implemented here is based on the interpolation variant described at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentile> as used by Microsoft Excel and recommended by NIST. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = pctover($b, $p); $spectrum = pctover $image->xchg(0,1) $p pctover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. oddpctover Signature: (a(n); p(); [o]b(); [t]tmp(n)) Project via percentile to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by finding the specified percentile along the 1st dimension. The specified percentile must be between 0.0 and 1.0. When the specified percentile falls between two values, the nearest data value is the result. The algorithm implemented is from the textbook version described first at "/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentile" in http:. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = oddpctover($b, $p); $spectrum = oddpctover $image->xchg(0,1) $p oddpctover does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. pct Return the specified percentile of all elements in a piddle. The specified percentile (p) must be between 0.0 and 1.0. When the specified percentile falls between data points, the result is interpolated. $x = pct($data, $pct); oddpct Return the specified percentile of all elements in a piddle. The specified percentile must be between 0.0 and 1.0. When the specified percentile falls between two values, the nearest data value is the result. $x = oddpct($data, $pct); avg Return the average of all elements in a piddle $x = avg($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for average). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) sum Return the sum of all elements in a piddle $x = sum($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for sumover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) prod Return the product of all elements in a piddle $x = prod($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for prodover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) davg Return the average (in double precision) of all elements in a piddle $x = davg($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for daverage). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) dsum Return the sum (in double precision) of all elements in a piddle $x = dsum($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for dsumover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) dprod Return the product (in double precision) of all elements in a piddle $x = dprod($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for dprodover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) zcheck Return the check for zero of all elements in a piddle $x = zcheck($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for zcover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) and Return the logical and of all elements in a piddle $x = and($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for andover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) band Return the bitwise and of all elements in a piddle $x = band($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for bandover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) or Return the logical or of all elements in a piddle $x = or($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for orover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) bor Return the bitwise or of all elements in a piddle $x = bor($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for borover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) min Return the minimum of all elements in a piddle $x = min($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for minimum). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) max Return the maximum of all elements in a piddle $x = max($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for maximum). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) median Return the median of all elements in a piddle $x = median($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for medover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) oddmedian Return the oddmedian of all elements in a piddle $x = oddmedian($data); This routine handles bad values (see the documentation for oddmedover). I still need to decide how to handle the case when the return value is a bad value (eg to make sure it has the same type as the input piddle OR perhaps we should die - makes sense for the conditional ops but not things like sum) any Return true if any element in piddle set Useful in conditional expressions: if (any $a>15) { print "some values are greater than 15 " } See or for comments on what happens when all elements in the check are bad. all Return true if all elements in piddle set Useful in conditional expressions: if (all $a>15) { print "all values are greater than 15 " } See and for comments on what happens when all elements in the check are bad. minmax Returns an array with minimum and maximum values of a piddle. ($mn, $mx) = minmax($pdl); This routine does not thread over the dimensions of $pdl; it returns the minimum and maximum values of the whole array. See minmaximum if this is not what is required. The two values are returned as Perl scalars similar to min/max. pdl> $x = pdl [1,-2,3,5,0] pdl> ($min, $max) = minmax($x); pdl> p "$min $max "; -2 5 qsort Signature: (a(n); [o]b(n)) Quicksort a vector into ascending order. print qsort random(10); Bad values are moved to the end of the array: pdl> p $b [42 47 98 BAD 22 96 74 41 79 76 96 BAD 32 76 25 59 BAD 96 32 BAD] pdl> p qsort($b) [22 25 32 32 41 42 47 59 74 76 76 79 96 96 96 98 BAD BAD BAD BAD] qsorti Signature: (a(n); int [o]indx(n)) Quicksort a vector and return index of elements in ascending order. $ix = qsorti $a; print $a->index($ix); # Sorted list Bad elements are moved to the end of the array: pdl> p $b [42 47 98 BAD 22 96 74 41 79 76 96 BAD 32 76 25 59 BAD 96 32 BAD] pdl> p $b->index( qsorti($b) ) [22 25 32 32 41 42 47 59 74 76 76 79 96 96 96 98 BAD BAD BAD BAD] qsortvec Signature: (a(n,m); [o]b(n,m)) Sort a list of vectors lexicographically. The 0th dimension of the source piddle is dimension in the vector; the 1st dimension is list order. Higher dimensions are threaded over. print qsortvec pdl([[1,2],[0,500],[2,3],[4,2],[3,4],[3,5]]); [ [ 0 500] [ 1 2] [ 2 3] [ 3 4] [ 3 5] [ 4 2] ] Vectors with bad components should be moved to the end of the array: qsortveci Signature: (a(n,m); int [o]indx(m)) Sort a list of vectors lexicographically, returning the indices of the sorted vectors rather than the sorted list itself. As with "qsortvec", the input PDL should be an NxM array containing M separate N-dimensional vectors. The return value is an integer M-PDL containing the M-indices of original array rows, in sorted order. As with "qsortvec", the zeroth element of the vectors runs slowest in the sorted list. Additional dimensions are threaded over: each plane is sorted separately, so qsortveci may be thought of as a collapse operator of sorts (groan). Vectors with bad components should be moved to the end of the array: minimum Signature: (a(n); [o]c()) Project via minimum to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the minimum along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = minimum($b); $spectrum = minimum $image->xchg(0,1) Output is set bad if all elements of the input are bad, otherwise the bad flag is cleared for the output piddle. Note that "NaNs" are considered to be valid values; see isfinite and badmask for ways of masking NaNs. minimum_ind Signature: (a(n); int [o] c()) Like minimum but returns the index rather than the value Output is set bad if all elements of the input are bad, otherwise the bad flag is cleared for the output piddle. minimum_n_ind Signature: (a(n); int[o]c(m)) Returns the index of "m" minimum elements Not yet been converted to ignore bad values maximum Signature: (a(n); [o]c()) Project via maximum to N-1 dimensions This function reduces the dimensionality of a piddle by one by taking the maximum along the 1st dimension. By using xchg etc. it is possible to use any dimension. $a = maximum($b); $spectrum = maximum $image->xchg(0,1) Output is set bad if all elements of the input are bad, otherwise the bad flag is cleared for the output piddle. Note that "NaNs" are considered to be valid values; see isfinite and badmask for ways of masking NaNs. maximum_ind Signature: (a(n); int [o] c()) Like maximum but returns the index rather than the value Output is set bad if all elements of the input are bad, otherwise the bad flag is cleared for the output piddle. maximum_n_ind Signature: (a(n); int[o]c(m)) Returns the index of "m" maximum elements Not yet been converted to ignore bad values minmaximum Signature: (a(n); [o]cmin(); [o] cmax(); int [o]cmin_ind(); int [o]cmax_ind()) Find minimum and maximum and their indices for a given piddle; pdl> $a=pdl [[-2,3,4],[1,0,3]] pdl> ($min, $max, $min_ind, $max_ind)=minmaximum($a) pdl> p $min, $max, $min_ind, $max_ind [-2 0] [4 3] [0 1] [2 2] See also minmax, which clumps the piddle together. If "a()" contains only bad data, then the output piddles will be set bad, along with their bad flag. Otherwise they will have their bad flags cleared, since they will not contain any bad values. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) Tuomas J. Lukka 1997 (lukka@husc.harvard.edu). Contributions by Christian Soeller (c.soeller@auckland.ac.nz) and Karl Glazebrook (kgb@aaoepp.aao.gov.au). All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-30 Ufunc(3pm)