Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User Account Policy
Operating Systems Linux User Account Policy Post 302710235 by hergp on Thursday 4th of October 2012 06:05:12 AM
Old 10-04-2012
Try pam_tally2.so instead of pam_tally.so.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Account lockout policy

Hi all; I m using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) and I'm trying to setup password lockout policy so that a user account locks out after 3 failed attempts. Here are the entires of my /etc/pam.d/system-auth #%PAM-1.0 # This file is auto-generated. # User changes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to assign group policy to user in solaris

hi, how to assign group policy to user in solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
1 Replies

5. Solaris

password policy for new user

hi folk, i try to setup a new password policy for our solaris box user, below are the /etc/default/passwd/, but then when i tried to create a user, it didn't ask for numeric character, and the new password also didn't ask for special characters. # useradd testing # passwd testing New... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

User and Password Policy

Hi linux expert, i would like to create a script for listing all user with there password policy. It should be in the following format: Last password change : Sep 19, 2011 Password expires : never Password inactive : never Account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to copy user policy from a server to another one?

Hi I would like to copy some user policy ( such as login time out , password expired time, number of failed login before user is locked, ... ) from one server to another server. I had copied necessary files ( in /etc and /etc/security ) to new server, but something didn't work. I guess that... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
13 Replies
PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual					    PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)

NAME
pam_timestamp_check - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid SYNOPSIS
pam_timestamp_check [-k] [-d] [target_user] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments pam_timestamp_check will check to see if the default timestamp is valid, or optionally remove it. OPTIONS
-k Instead of checking the validity of a timestamp, remove it. This is analogous to sudo's -k option. -d Instead of returning validity using an exit status, loop indefinitely, polling regularly and printing the status on standard output. target_user By default pam_timestamp_check checks or removes timestamps generated by pam_timestamp when the user authenticates as herself. When the user authenticates as a different user, the name of the timestamp file changes to accommodate this. target_user allows to specify this user name. RETURN VALUES
0 The timestamp is valid. 2 The binary is not setuid root. 3 Invalid invocation. 4 User is unknown. 5 Permissions error. 6 Invalid controlling tty. 7 Timestamp is not valid. NOTES
Users can get confused when they are not always asked for passwords when running a given program. Some users reflexively begin typing information before noticing that it is not being asked for. EXAMPLES
auth sufficient pam_timestamp.so verbose auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_timestamp.so FILES
/var/run/sudo/... timestamp files and directories SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp_check(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tally was written by Nalin Dahyabhai. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)