Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to remove hacking code from multiple files Post 302710209 by bakunin on Thursday 4th of October 2012 05:42:28 AM
Old 10-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRiOsGR
I'm not asking of opinions
Please accept my sincere apologies for the impetousity of my young and unexperienced colleagues who tried to help you. Of course they were wrong.

Quote:
I would like to remove all of these with a shell command.
To strictly answer your question: use any text-editing tool you like, including (but not limited to): awk, sed, perl, ed, ex, vi, ... All of these tools can be invocated as shell commands.

Quote:
I would use as an example this one :

Code:
find /vhosts -type f -name '*.js' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i [...]

but I'm not sure what to change with all the escape characters and the * symbols.
If you are not sure i suggest you use another tool with which you are. Replace "perl" with "awk", "sed" or any other of the aforementioned text filters until you find one with which you are indeed sure, then use that one. To suggest one would largely be a matter of opinion and you specifically did not ask for that, so i will keep my completely arbitrary personal pejoratives to myself.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines in multiple txt files?

Hi , I have this type of files:- BGH.28OCT2008.00000001.433155.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000002.1552361.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000003.1438355.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000004.1562602.001 Inside them contains the below: 5Discounts 6P150 - Max Total Usage RM150|-221.00 P150 EPP - Talktime RM150... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olloong
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove multiple files in FTP

We have a files in FTP server..... after getting the files from FTP by mget *.* i hav to remove all files (multiple files) at once... is there any command to delete multiple files at once (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove characters from multiple .txt files

Friends, I want to remove charecters from multiple .txt files. Foe example : In this .txt files there are many "ctrl m" present in last of each line in one .txt file. I want to remove "ctrl m" from each line from all .txt files. Need your help regarding this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsubhas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove java code from multiple files

Hello, We have a client who has had an FTP injection attack on their account. Over 600 files have this code added to the files: <script>var t="";var... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhasbro
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code to remove files when corresponding file doesnt exist isnt working.

I am trying to add some code to the begging of a script so that it will remove all the .transcript files, when their is no coressponding .wav file. But it doesnt work. This is the code I have added: for transcriptfile in `$voicemaildir/*.transcript`; do wavfile=`echo $transcriptfile | cut -d'.'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghurty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove hidden backslash in multiple files?

Hi I have around 300 files in a folder. When I type ls -l I see the following Mouse.chr10_+_:101862321-101863928.maf Mouse.chr10_+_:101862322-101863928.maf Mouse.chr10_+_:101862323-101863928.maf But when I run my scripts, they couldn't recognise the filename because of hidden backslash like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to remove multiple files?

Hi Gurus, I have below files in one directory. the file name has date and time portion which is exactly the file be created. I need keep only lasted created file which is abc_20140101_1550 and remove rest of the file. abc_20140101_1300 abc_20140101_1200 abc_20140101_1400 abc_20140101_1500... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to implement a simple command/code for multiple files?

I have been extracting a row, based on multiple key word from a xls/csv file, by using the following command. I have to implement the same for multiple xls/csv files, therefore please help me to do the same. awk ' { tbp=0 if ($0 ~ keyword1 && k1 == 0) { tbp=1; k1++ } if ($0 ~ keyword2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
2 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)