Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need some help with backup
Operating Systems AIX need some help with backup Post 302709903 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 05:16:39 PM
Old 10-03-2012
Show exactly what you did when you tried to mount the cifs, word for word, letter for letter, keystroke for keystroke.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding backup

hi i wanna know that is any such type of backup possible in Solaris or AIX that if my system crashes and i had to format the server.........then i shud be able to build the server with that backup only...........if so how thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup

Dear All I have an HP 9000/800 UNIX machine , I have also Oracle applications 11i installed on it , we tried to take backup using fbackup command but it skipped some files ( was for database and the database was up and running ) but it took the other database files. I need to know also ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hisham.hamdy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

4. SCO

Backup to SCSI Tape Backup aborts

I am trying to make a full backup of my system using the cpio command. The Tape Unit is a SCSI DDS. The process started fine but after about 30 minutes, it just stopped and showed the following message: 1755 Signal 31 - Core dumped Any idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionpc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup to CD ????? any one know how to do ???

hi, am trying to backup data on cd, cuz i don not have tape device....!!! i've rewritable CDROM, am using solaris 10 for x86 on vmware ..... how to make a backup data to a cd_rom againist to tape ? # ufsdump 0f cd_rom (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasame
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup

hi seniors today i took a backup using tar cmd in this i took two files for backup,backup was done succesfully but while viewing using tar -tvf ------- its showiing only one file at a time and i took backup in /etc/hosts,/etc/sen/nes (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup a file and keep every version of the backup

I am trying to backup my .bash_history and I want to keep every version of the backup. I am thinking to put one of these in my crontab. 0 0 * * 0,3 cat .bash_history > boo 0 0 * * 0,3 cp .bash_history boo I would like the backups to be called boo1, boo2, boo3, etc. I would like to keep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies
PLYMOUTH(1)							   User Commands						       PLYMOUTH(1)

NAME
plymouth - Send commands to plymouthd SYNOPSIS
plymouth [OPTION...] plymouth COMMAND [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The plymouth sends commands to a running plymouthd. This is used during the boot process to control the display of the graphical boot splash. OPTIONS
The following options are understood. These options are supported for compatibility with the old rhgb-client interface, and have been replaced by the commands that are described in the next section. --help Show summary of options. --debug Enable verbose debug logging. --get-splash-plugin-path Get directory where splash plugins are installed. --newroot=[STRING] Tell plymouthd that the new root filesystem is mounted. --quit Tell plymouthd to quit. --ping Check if plymouthd is running. --has-active-vt Check if plymouthd has an active vt. --sysinit Tell plymouthd root filesystem is mounted read-write. --show-splash Show the splash screen. --hide-splash Hide the splash screen. --ask-for-password Ask the user for a password. --ignore-keystroke=[STRING] Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --update=[STRING] Tell plymouthd an update about boot progress. --details Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. --wait Wait for plymouthd to quit. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: change-mode OPTION Change the operation mode. --boot-up Start the system up --shutdown Shutting the system up --updates Applying updates system-update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot progress. --progress=INTEGER The percentage progress of the updates update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot status changes. --status=STRING Tell plymouthd the current boot status update-root-fs OPTION Tell plymouthd about root filesystem changes. --new-root-dir=STRING Root filesystem is about to change --read-write Root filesystem is no longer read-only show-splash Tell plymouthd to show splash screen. hide-splash Tell plymouthd to hide splash screen. ask-for-password OPTION Ask the user for a password. --command=STRING Command to send password to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking for password --number-of-tries=INTEGER Number of times to ask before giving up (requires --command) --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking ask-question Ask the user a question. --command=STRING Command to send the answer to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking the question --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking display-message OPTION Display a message. --text=STRING The message text hide-message OPTION Hide a message. --text=STRING The message text watch-keystroke OPTION Become sensitive to a keystroke. --command=STRING Command to send keystroke to via standard input --keys=STRING Keys to become sensitive to ignore-keystroke OPTION Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --keys=STRING Keys to remove sensitivitiy from pause-progress Pause boot progress bar. unpause-progress Unpause boot progress bar. report-error Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. deactivate Tell plymouthd to deactivate. reactivate Tell plymouthd to reactivate. quit OPTION Tell plymouthd to quit. --retain-splash Don't explicitly hide boot splash on exit SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth(8), plymouthd(8), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth plymouth PLYMOUTH(1)