Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Technology Illustrated Concept Architecture of Unix Systems Post 302709841 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 04:17:26 PM
Old 10-03-2012
Yeah -- for that matter, it doesn't mention libraries in general.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distributers of unix systems

Well i've been looking for some unix systems to download but with all the technical stuff they talk about on the sites i think that it would be betterif i just bought oneat a store so it comeswith directions and stuff, but is there any unix system that will coincidentally run with MS-dos mode? and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shag134
1 Replies

2. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trivial Unix Architecture question

Hi, I am becoming very curious as to why viruses attach only Windows system and not any UNIX and Linux. Does that has to do something with the architecture or something else. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having difficulty with UNIX concept. Please help!

Hi, I would be very happy if someone could help me please. I am relatively new to UNIX, and still learning. My understanding of things are: Say I have a PC running Windows. This machine has a name. If I have 10 PC's, then I have 10 names, one for each PC. Each PC is independent of the other.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALon
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to understand rationale of unix stream i/o concept

I am an entry level programmer with no formal training in computer science. I am trying to enhance my conceptual knowledge about operating systems in general. I have been using the C programming language on Linux systems for some time and have used the traditional unix stream I/O APIs. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaychau
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Mail concept in unix

Hi, I am new to this mail concept in unix. i have requirement to read the mail from mailbox. Now to get the mail where i have to configure the mail id and also the mail server. Kindly suggest me. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question about Unix Architecture.

I want to know the memory capacity and types of memories, processor and more... What kind of aplications this OS attends? Archicture/system classification (Hybrid, monolithic, multitasking, micro-kernel, layered, Another..? Explain it to me... I really need to understand and know that. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlissonManson
3 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

What exactly is the concept of BITS in this unix.com forum?

Is there a detailed page on the explanation of concept behind BITS and score used in this forum. Just saw the index on my Banking page. (Clicked the Banking hyperlink below my profile name on the topmost right corner of this screen) Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
2 Replies
curl_global_cleanup(3)						  libcurl Manual					    curl_global_cleanup(3)

NAME
curl_global_cleanup - global libcurl cleanup SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> void curl_global_cleanup(void); DESCRIPTION
This function releases resources acquired by curl_global_init(3). You should call curl_global_cleanup(3) once for each call you make to curl_global_init(3), after you are done using libcurl. This function is not thread safe. You must not call it when any other thread in the program (i.e. a thread sharing the same memory) is run- ning. This doesn't just mean no other thread that is using libcurl. Because curl_global_cleanup(3) calls functions of other libraries that are similarly thread unsafe, it could conflict with any other thread that uses these other libraries. See the description in libcurl(3) of global environment requirements for details of how to use this function. SEE ALSO
curl_global_init(3), libcurl(3), libcurl 7.8 17 Feb 2006 curl_global_cleanup(3)