Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Show all my Posts?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Show all my Posts? Post 302709681 by dlundwall on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 12:28:20 PM
Old 10-03-2012
Show all my Posts?

Hello,
Is there a way to display all of the posts I have authored?

Many thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Show us your Desktop

I don't see any threads like this and I know that a bunch of people have really cool desktops, so I`ll start. rules 1 no images in your post,attachments only 2 no default desktops, tha would be very much a waste (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Genral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show path name

Hello I'm new to this forum. So please spare me! I'm using SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 and created a few accounts. So far so good. When I login I see: $. But here I want to see (for example), /home 25$ So I want to see the pathname where I am without each time typing pwd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.vvugt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the Difference between two files

I have two files and I need to know the difference between each line. This will extend to thousand lines and manual works is really not really an option. sample: First File Second File allan entry1 entry2 entry3 allan entry1 entry3 bob entry1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls how to not show date

Hello, I'm using ls -laR to print out a list of file and folders. I want to print only the permission, file size and file name. Also, excluding the '.' and '..'. result from ls -laR: total 6 drwxr-xr-x 8 user staff 512 Nov 28 16:17 . drwxr-x--- 16 user staff 1024... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Show help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Display the contents of all files ending in a number to the screen 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcincan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

$LINENO no show

$LINENO is bash "system" variable but I cannot get any output trying to use it. Am I missing something fundamental? Here is the code snippet 13) 247 echo "TEMPLATE Option 13" 248 249 # *** BEGIN DEBUG BLOCK *** 250 last_cmd_arg=$_ # Save it. 251 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
6 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Newbie reports: some posts show only the title and bottom-of-page menu. No text in the middle!

When I try to look at some of the posts (like "Rookie Grandmother"), I see the thread title and the menu at the bottom, but not the text of the post in the middle. I can see ALL of the posts in the Recent menu, but NONE of the others. The screenshot I attached shows the situation. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRWoodward
2 Replies
evmpost(1)						      General Commands Manual							evmpost(1)

NAME
evmpost - Posts events to the EVM daemon SYNOPSIS
evmpost [-r [-m | -M]] [-h hostname[:port_no]] [[-a|-u msg [-p priority]] | [filename | -]] OPTIONS
Does not post the events, but instead passes them directly to stdout as raw EVM events. Use of this flag results in an error if stdout is directed to a terminal device. When used in conjunction with the -r flag, causes event template items to be merged with the items included in the source. This is the default mode. Inhibits merging of template items when the -r flag is used. Attempts to connect to the EVM daemon on the host hostname, rather than to the local daemon. If :port_no is specified, port_no is used for TCP communication with remote clients; otherwise, the evm port number found in /etc/services is used. If no entry is found in /etc/services, the reserved default value of 619 is used. The port number must be the same as the portnum specified in the EVM daemon configuration file, evmdaemon.conf(4). In most cases, the default should be used. Posts an administrator's quick message event with the name sys.unix.evm.msg.admin and the string msg in a variable data item. The event is used to add a message entry in the event log. This flag may be used only by privileged users. If a message contains spaces, the message must be enclosed in quotation marks (""). Posts a user's quick message event with the name sys.unix.evm.msg.user and the string msg in a variable data item. The event is used to add a message entry in the event log. If a message contains spaces, the message must be enclosed in quotation marks (""). Assigns priority as the event priority. The priority value must be an integer in the range 0-700. If the priority is not specified, the default of 200 is used. OPERANDS
Read event sources from filename. If filename is omitted, or is specified as -, event sources are read from stdin. DESCRIPTION
The evmpost command takes as input a file or stream of text event sources, converts them to canonical (binary) EVM events, and posts them to the EVM daemon for distribution. If the -r flag is specified, evmpost does not post the events, but instead passes them directly to stdout as raw EVM events. If the -M flag is not used the command attempts to retrieve event template information from the EVM daemon, and merges the template items and envi- ronmental items such as user name and timestamp into the output events. Otherwise the output events contain only the items included in the source. An event source may contain any number of events. Each event is specified in the manner shown. See the EvmEvent(5) reference page for a more detailed explanation. event { name event_name format format_specifier priority priority var { name variable_name type variable_type value variable_value } } The evmpost command recognizes the following data items in an event source: NAME PRIORITY FORMAT REF I18N_CATALOG I18N_SET_ID I18N_MSG_ID CLUSTER_EVENT VAR All EVM variable types may be specified except for OPAQUE. Refer to EvmEvent(5) for details on data items and variables. In the event source, each keyword must be accompanied by a corresponding value, which must be enclosed in double quotes if it contains white space. Data item keywords, which are specified outside the event body, are taken as global values and included in each following event which does not include explicit values for those keywords. Comments are indicated by a leading # character. Blank lines are ignored. The evmpost command builds an EVM event containing the items that are explicitly specified in the source. If the event is posted, or if the -r flag is specified without -M, additional environmental items such as the timestamp, process id, and hostname are inserted into the event automatically, and the EVM daemon may then merge in further items from the corresponding event template. Since the rules for posting an event are more stringent than those for an event simply to exist, evmpost may display an error when you try to post an unpostable event, even though the same source is accepted when you use the -r flag. For example, you cannot post an event if it does not contain a name with at least three components because the daemon will reject it, but such an event can exist, and evmpost can cre- ate it and pass it to stdout. The following would fail because it does not contain a name: echo 'event { }' | evmpost Unformatted event "(no name)"; The following would succeed, even though it would not display anything useful: echo 'event { }' | evmpost -r | evmshow The -r flag can be used to verify event source and template files by piping the output into evmshow(1). RESTRICTIONS
The evmpost command rejects attempts to output raw events to a terminal device. You may post only events for which you have posting authorization, and for which a template exists. EXAMPLES
The following example posts an event, provided that a template file containing an event with a matching name has been registered with the EVM daemon. echo 'event { name myco.myapp.test.start }' | evmpost The following example interprets an event template file, and displays a dump of the contents of each event. Environmental items, such as a timestamp, are not merged into the event. This command might be used to check the syntax and contents of the file. cat myevents.evt | evmpost -r -M | evmshow -D The following example shows how evmpost could be used in a shell script to signal completion of some operation: #! /bin/ksh do_backups # A script file that does periodic backup if [ $? -eq 0 ] then EVNAME=myco.ops.backup.ok else EVNAME=myco.ops.backup.failed fi echo "event {name $EVNAME}" | evmpost The following example, which must be run as root, posts an administrator's message event. evmpost -a "Power outage recovery completed" -p 250 The following example posts a quick user's message. evmpost -u "Leaving for lunch." EXIT VALUES
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion An error occurred FILES
Definition of the sockets and protocols used for Internet services. Location of the EVM authorization file. SEE ALSO
Commands: evmget(1), evminfo(1), evmshow(1), evmsort(1), evmwatch(1) Routines: EvmEventPost(3) Files: evmdaemon.conf(4), evmtemplate(4), services(4) Event Management: EVM(5) EVM Events: EvmEvent(5) delim off evmpost(1)