Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to remove hacking code from multiple files Post 302709565 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 11:07:14 AM
Old 10-03-2012
Yeah, restore from backup or re-install. Would you ever really trust those files again? I wouldn't.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines in multiple txt files?

Hi , I have this type of files:- BGH.28OCT2008.00000001.433155.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000002.1552361.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000003.1438355.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000004.1562602.001 Inside them contains the below: 5Discounts 6P150 - Max Total Usage RM150|-221.00 P150 EPP - Talktime RM150... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olloong
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove multiple files in FTP

We have a files in FTP server..... after getting the files from FTP by mget *.* i hav to remove all files (multiple files) at once... is there any command to delete multiple files at once (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove characters from multiple .txt files

Friends, I want to remove charecters from multiple .txt files. Foe example : In this .txt files there are many "ctrl m" present in last of each line in one .txt file. I want to remove "ctrl m" from each line from all .txt files. Need your help regarding this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsubhas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove java code from multiple files

Hello, We have a client who has had an FTP injection attack on their account. Over 600 files have this code added to the files: <script>var t="";var... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhasbro
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code to remove files when corresponding file doesnt exist isnt working.

I am trying to add some code to the begging of a script so that it will remove all the .transcript files, when their is no coressponding .wav file. But it doesnt work. This is the code I have added: for transcriptfile in `$voicemaildir/*.transcript`; do wavfile=`echo $transcriptfile | cut -d'.'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghurty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove hidden backslash in multiple files?

Hi I have around 300 files in a folder. When I type ls -l I see the following Mouse.chr10_+_:101862321-101863928.maf Mouse.chr10_+_:101862322-101863928.maf Mouse.chr10_+_:101862323-101863928.maf But when I run my scripts, they couldn't recognise the filename because of hidden backslash like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to remove multiple files?

Hi Gurus, I have below files in one directory. the file name has date and time portion which is exactly the file be created. I need keep only lasted created file which is abc_20140101_1550 and remove rest of the file. abc_20140101_1300 abc_20140101_1200 abc_20140101_1400 abc_20140101_1500... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to implement a simple command/code for multiple files?

I have been extracting a row, based on multiple key word from a xls/csv file, by using the following command. I have to implement the same for multiple xls/csv files, therefore please help me to do the same. awk ' { tbp=0 if ($0 ~ keyword1 && k1 == 0) { tbp=1; k1++ } if ($0 ~ keyword2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
2 Replies
VGCFGRESTORE(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   VGCFGRESTORE(8)

NAME
vgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgrestore [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-l[l]|--list] [-h|--help] [-M|--Metadatatype1|2] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgcfgrestore allows you to restore the metadata of VolumeGroupName from a text backup file produced by vgcfgbackup. You can specify a backup file with --file. If no backup file is specified, the most recent one is used. Use --list for a list of the available backup and archive files of VolumeGroupName. OPTIONS
-l | --list -- List files pertaining to VolumeGroupName List metadata backup and archive files pertaining to VolumeGroupName. May be used with the -f option. Does not restore Vol- umeGroupName. -f | --file filename -- Name of LVM metadata backup file Specifies a metadata backup or archive file to be used for restoring VolumeGroupName. Often this file has been created with vgcfg- backup. See lvm for common options. REPLACING PHYSICAL VOLUMES
vgdisplay --partial --verbose will show you the UUIDs and sizes of any PVs that are no longer present. If a PV in the VG is lost and you wish to substitute another of the same size, use pvcreate --restorefile filename --uuid uuid (plus additional arguments as appropriate) to initialise it with the same UUID as the missing PV. Repeat for all other missing PVs in the VG. Then use vgcfgrestore --file filename to restore the volume group's metadata. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCFGRESTORE(8)