Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to find which program that update a specific file Post 302709459 by gts1999 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 09:12:54 AM
Old 10-03-2012
If you need to know what program is actively using a file, try installing lsof (or get your Admins to do this).

If you want to see who modified (past tense) a file, you will need some sort of accounting or auditing enabled.
This will be trickier than you think I imagine.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update specific lines in a file

Hi all, I want to add a special character ^M to a line, if the line starts with ORDE. All the other lines should remain unchanged. Is there sed or other UNIX function who can do this. Thanx in advance Auke Quist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aukequist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a specific line in a file while reading sequentially

All, I know this is a very naive question but I could not find a way to get this working! I have a file with values like input.file Value1 Value2 server1/mylogin,mypasswd Value3 Value4 And in my code, I am reading the file line by line and processing it. #! /bin/ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update specific field in a line of text file

I have a text file like this: subject1:LecturerA:10 subject2:LecturerA:40 if I was given string in column 1 and 2 (which are subject 1 and LecturerA) , i need to update 3rd field of that line containing that given string , which is, number 10 need to be updated to 100 ,for example. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmtoan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and extract values from one file and update other

Gents, Kindly can you help me to update a file extracting the data from other file. I have: file1 The key in this file is substr($0,4,21), and I need to update the columns 6 and 7 using the information for file2. S 21133.00 21535.00 1 0 919088.8 1843754.5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and update line in xml file

Hi, I have a xml file that I need to modify 1 line to change some value from 2 to 10 (or any number). Sample input: <!-- some text here> . . . <message:test name="ryan"> <message:sample-channel charset="UTF-8" max-value="2" wait="20"> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Last touched file by a specific program ?

i have a directory where all .csv files are available. i have 3 perl programs(ex: a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) which continuously runs every 1 minute to scan all files in that directory. now i have 2 questions 1) how can i write an app lock on that particular folder to make sure only one program will scan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update specific value in file with match and add +1 to specific digit

I am trying to use awk to match the NM_ in file with $1 of id which is tab-delimited. The NM_ will always be in the line of file that starts with > and be after the second _. When there is a match between each NM_ and id, then the value of $2 in id is substituted or used to update the NM_. Each NM_... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a specific field in file with Variable value based on other Key Word

I have an input file with A=xyz B=pqr I would want the value in Second Field (xyz or pqr) updated with a value present in Shell Variable based on the value passed in the first field. (A or B ) while read line do NEW_VALUE = `some functionality done on $line` If $line=First Field-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLXFONTS(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_INSTALLXFONTS(1)

NAME
dh_installxfonts - register X fonts SYNOPSIS
dh_installxfonts [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installxfonts is a debhelper program that is responsible for registering X fonts, so their corresponding fonts.dir, fonts.alias, and fonts.scale be rebuilt properly at install time. Before calling this program, you should have installed any X fonts provided by your package into the appropriate location in the package build directory, and if you have fonts.alias or fonts.scale files, you should install them into the correct location under etc/X11/fonts in your package build directory. Your package should depend on xfonts-utils so that the update-fonts-* commands are available. (This program adds that dependency to ${misc:Depends}.) This program automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to register X fonts. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works. NOTES
See update-fonts-alias(8), update-fonts-scale(8), and update-fonts-dir(8) for more information about X font installation. See Debian policy, section 11.8.5. for details about doing fonts the Debian way. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLXFONTS(1)