Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut determinate values amb subst for ; Post 302709343 by RudiC on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 06:16:45 AM
Old 10-03-2012
small corrections to the suggestions will make them work.
1) remove excess spaces using sed:
Code:
sed 's/  */ /g;s/^ //' extractcritiques.txt|cut -d' ' -f2- |paste -sd';\n'

2) invert the result of the %2:
Code:
awk 'FNR%2==0 {print name, $2;next}{name=$2}' OFS=';' extractcritiques.txt

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command param subst to reg expression

I want to find out Row which starts with, the user specified details to a script. In general I know what command to be given. awk '$0~/^Vi/' BReject But I need to pass on $1 param of command line at the place of 'Vi'. I tried with -v subst=$1 awk -v subst=$1 '$0~/^subst/' BReject But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to assign cut values to an array

i need to seperate values seperated by delimiters and assign it to an array.. can u plz help me on that. Variables = "asd,rgbh,(,rty,got,),sroe,9034," i need to assign the variables into arrays.. like.. var=asd var=rgbh.. and so on how do i do this. i need to reuse the values stored in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative statement to cut values from a line

Hi I am new to shell scripting and trying to get values from a text file, I have a text file with values seperated with "|". like aga|120220090525|120220090525|120220090525|120220090530 bab|120220090530|120220090530|120220090535|120220090535|120220090535... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse or cut concat variables to individual values

Hello I need to pass some environment parameters to a datastage job and am getting an error when trying to send the complete concatinated variable. I have decided to parse out just the values and send as parameters but am struggling to find the best way to do this (actually I am not very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LynnC
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete character in determinate position with sed/awk

Hello. I'm trying to delete one character in determinate position. Example: qwEtsdf123Ecv34 <delete character in positión 3> Result: qwtsdf123Ecv34 Plase, help me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maria_florencia
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns

Hi Description of input file I have: ------------------------- 1) CSV with double quotes for string fields. 2) Some string fields have Comma as part of field value. 3) Have Duplicate lines 4) Have 200 columns/fields 5) File size is more than 10GB Description of output file I need:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut from tables based on column values

Hello, I have a tab-delimited table that may contain 11,12 or 13 columns. Depending on the number of columns, I want to cut and get a sub table as shown below. However, the awk commands in the code seem to be an issue. What should I be doing differently? #cut columns 1-2,4-5,11 when 12 &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple variable subst is not working

Hi what i want: listing files in a special range ls -lrt 20120601{05..06}* ... -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:51 201206010550 -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:01 201206010600 -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:11 201206010610 -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:21... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using make subst

I have a string of source files ENBL_PX11_LIBSRC = pltsub.f xpltlib.f xbuplot.cI want to replace .f and .c with .o to get ENBL_PX11_LIBOBJ = pltsub.o xpltlib.o xbuplot.o However I am having trouble doing this with subst. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut command with dynamic passing of delimiter and position values

Hi All, We have a requirement of picking nth position value by using cut command. value would be delimited by any symbols. We have to pass delimited value and postition to get the value in a string. ex. echo "A,B,C,D,E" |cut -d "," -f3 echo "A|B|C|D|E"|cut -d "|" -f2 Kindly frame the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)