Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut determinate values amb subst for ; Post 302709325 by capilla on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 05:49:43 AM
Old 10-03-2012
Hello Thanks for your reply. I try with the metodes and doesn't work :-(. The result is:
Code:
cut -d' ' -f2- file|paste -sd';\n' extractcritiques.txt
 host_name       cedf-ddt              ;       address         10.14.138.3
        host_name       dfb-crft             ;       address         10.14.184.2
        host_name       cesdneb-cerferu             ;       address         10.14.184.3
        host_name       cenfeeb-derfx;     address         10.14.139.10

Code:
awk 'FNR%2 {print name, $2;next}{name=$2}' OFS=';' extractcritiques.txt | more

;cdceb-adn
10.14.176.6;ceneb-fg
10.14.176.7;ceneb-arerfg
10.14.200.4;ceneb-arrefer
10.14.200.5;ceneb-brfer
10.14.244.96;ceneb-sacrf
10.14.244.97;ceneb-cacrf

I think the problem is the space in to the origen file:
Code:
    host_name       cendfseb-ardfdf
        address         10.14.176.6
        host_name       cesdfb-arsdf
        address         10.14.176.7
        host_name       csgb-atg
        address         10.14.200.4
        host_name       certhrteb-artg

Sorry in my first message don't appear the spaces (or tabulations) because I put in (Wrap quote). awk is very interesting. I'm read the documentation in this moment.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 10-03-2012 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: code tags instead of quote tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command param subst to reg expression

I want to find out Row which starts with, the user specified details to a script. In general I know what command to be given. awk '$0~/^Vi/' BReject But I need to pass on $1 param of command line at the place of 'Vi'. I tried with -v subst=$1 awk -v subst=$1 '$0~/^subst/' BReject But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to assign cut values to an array

i need to seperate values seperated by delimiters and assign it to an array.. can u plz help me on that. Variables = "asd,rgbh,(,rty,got,),sroe,9034," i need to assign the variables into arrays.. like.. var=asd var=rgbh.. and so on how do i do this. i need to reuse the values stored in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative statement to cut values from a line

Hi I am new to shell scripting and trying to get values from a text file, I have a text file with values seperated with "|". like aga|120220090525|120220090525|120220090525|120220090530 bab|120220090530|120220090530|120220090535|120220090535|120220090535... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse or cut concat variables to individual values

Hello I need to pass some environment parameters to a datastage job and am getting an error when trying to send the complete concatinated variable. I have decided to parse out just the values and send as parameters but am struggling to find the best way to do this (actually I am not very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LynnC
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete character in determinate position with sed/awk

Hello. I'm trying to delete one character in determinate position. Example: qwEtsdf123Ecv34 <delete character in positión 3> Result: qwtsdf123Ecv34 Plase, help me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maria_florencia
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns

Hi Description of input file I have: ------------------------- 1) CSV with double quotes for string fields. 2) Some string fields have Comma as part of field value. 3) Have Duplicate lines 4) Have 200 columns/fields 5) File size is more than 10GB Description of output file I need:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut from tables based on column values

Hello, I have a tab-delimited table that may contain 11,12 or 13 columns. Depending on the number of columns, I want to cut and get a sub table as shown below. However, the awk commands in the code seem to be an issue. What should I be doing differently? #cut columns 1-2,4-5,11 when 12 &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple variable subst is not working

Hi what i want: listing files in a special range ls -lrt 20120601{05..06}* ... -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:51 201206010550 -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:01 201206010600 -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:11 201206010610 -rw-rw-r-- 1 imp imp 279 1. Jun 07:21... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using make subst

I have a string of source files ENBL_PX11_LIBSRC = pltsub.f xpltlib.f xbuplot.cI want to replace .f and .c with .o to get ENBL_PX11_LIBOBJ = pltsub.o xpltlib.o xbuplot.o However I am having trouble doing this with subst. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut command with dynamic passing of delimiter and position values

Hi All, We have a requirement of picking nth position value by using cut command. value would be delimited by any symbols. We have to pass delimited value and postition to get the value in a string. ex. echo "A,B,C,D,E" |cut -d "," -f3 echo "A|B|C|D|E"|cut -d "|" -f2 Kindly frame the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
5 Replies
smmaillist(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    smmaillist(1M)

NAME
smmaillist - manage email alias entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/smmaillist subcommand [ auth_args] -- [subcommand_args] DESCRIPTION
The smmaillist command manages one or more email alias entries for the appropriate files in the local /etc files name service or a NIS or NIS+ name service. subcommands smmaillist subcommands are: add Creates a new email alias definition and adds it to the appropriate files. To add an entry, the administrator must have the solaris.admin.usermgr.write authorization. delete Deletes an email alias entry. You can delete only one entry at a time. To delete an entry, the administrator must have the solaris.admin.usermgr.write authorization. Note: You cannot delete Postmaster or Mailer-Daemon aliases. list Lists one or more email alias entries. To list an entry, the administrator must have the solaris.admin.usermgr.read autho- rization. modify Modifies an email alias entry. To modify an entry, the administrator must have the solaris.admin.usermgr.write authoriza- tion. OPTIONS
The smmaillist authentication arguments, auth_args, are derived from the smc(1M) arg set and are the same regardless of which subcommand you use. The smmaillist command requires the Solaris Management Console to be initialized for the command to succeed (see smc(1M)). After rebooting the Solaris Management Console server, the first Solaris Management Console connection might time out, so you might need to retry the command. The subcommand-specific options, subcommand_args, must come after the auth_args and must be separated from them by the -- option. auth_args The valid auth_args are -D, -H, -l, -p, -r, and -u; they are all optional. If no auth_args are specified, certain defaults will be assumed and the user may be prompted for additional information, such as a password for authentication purposes. These letter options can also be specified by their equivalent option words preceded by a double dash. For example, you can use either -D or --domain with the domain argu- ment. -D | --domain domain Specifies the default domain that you want to manage. The syntax of domain is type:/host_name/domain_name, where type is nis, nisplus, dns, ldap, or file; host_name is the name of the machine that serves the domain; and domain_name is the name of the domain you want to manage. (Note: Do not use nis+ for nisplus.) If you do not specify this option, the Solaris Management Console assumes the file default domain on whatever server you choose to man- age, meaning that changes are local to the server. Toolboxes can change the domain on a tool-by-tool basis; this option specifies the domain for all other tools. -H | --hostname host_name:port Specifies the host_name and port to which you want to connect. If you do not specify a port, the system connects to the default port, 898. If you do not specify host_name:port, the Solaris Management Console connects to the local host on port 898. You may still have to choose a toolbox to load into the console. To override this behavior, use the smc(1M) -B option, or set your console preferences to load a "home toolbox" by default. -l | --rolepassword role_password Specifies the password for the role_name. If you specify a role_name but do not specify a role_password, the system prompts you to sup- ply a role_password. Passwords specified on the command line can be seen by any user on the system, hence this option is considered insecure. -p | --password password Specifies the password for the user_name. If you do not specify a password, the system prompts you for one. Passwords specified on the command line can be seen by any user on the system, hence this option is considered insecure. -r | --rolename role_name Specifies a role name for authentication. If you do not specify this option, no role is assumed. -u | --username user_name Specifies the user name for authentication. If you do not specify this option, the user identity running the console process is assumed. -- This option is required and must always follow the preceding options. If you do not enter the preceding options, you must still enter the -- option. subcommand_args Note: Descriptions and other arg options that contain white spaces must be enclosed in double quotes. o For subcommand add: -a address1 -a address2 . . . (Optional) Specifies the new email address. See sendmail(1M). -h (Optional) Displays the command's usage statement. -n alias_name Specifies the name of the alias you want to add. See sendmail(1M). o For subcommand delete: -h (Optional) Displays the command's usage statement. -n alias_name Specifies the alias you want to delete. o For subcommand list: -h (Optional) Displays the command's usage statement. -n alias_name (Optional) Specifies the name of the alias you want to display. If you do not specify an alias, all aliases are listed. o For subcommand modify: -a address1 -a address2 . . . (Optional) Specifies new email address(es) to replace the existing one(s). See sendmail(1M). -h (Optional) Displays the command's usage statement. -n alias_name (Optional) Specifies the name of the alias you want to modify. -N new_alias_name Specifies the new alias name. Use only when renaming an alias. See sendmail(1M). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Creating an alias The following creates the coworkers alias and adds the following member list: bill@machine1, sue@machine2, and me@machine3 to the alias. ./smmaillist add -H myhost -p mypasswd -u root -- -n coworkers -a bill@machine1 -a sue@machine2 -a me@machine3 Example 2: Deleting a mail alias The following deletes the my_alias alias: ./smmaillist delete -H myhost -p mypasswd -u root -- -n my_alias Example 3: Displaying members of a mail alias The following displays the list of members belonging to the my_alias alias: ./smmaillist list -H myhost -p mypasswd -u root -- -n my_alias Example 4: Displaying members of all mail aliases The following displays the list of members belonging to all mail aliases: ./smmaillist list -H myhost -p mypasswd -u root -- Example 5: Renaming a mail alias The following renames the current_name mail alias to new_name: ./smmaillist modify -H myhost -p mypasswd -u root -- -n current_name -N new_name Example 6: Redefining an address list The following changes the recipients of the alias my_alias to bill@machine1. Any previous recipients are deleted from the alias. ./smmaillist modify -H myhost -p mypasswd -u root -- -n my_alias -a bill@machine1 ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for a description of the JAVA_HOME environment variable, which affects the execution of the smmaillist command. If this environment variable is not specified, the /usr/java location is used. See smc(1M). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Invalid command syntax. A usage message displays. 2 An error occurred while executing the command. An error message displays. FILES
The following files are used by the smmaillist command: /var/mail/aliases Aliases for sendmail(1M). See aliases(4). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmga | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), smc(1M), aliases(4), attributes(5), environ(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jan 2001 smmaillist(1M)