Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Doubt about process migration Post 302709297 by srigias on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 03:30:23 AM
Old 10-03-2012
Java Doubt about process migration

Hello experts,

My doubt is, shall we move process from one node to another node..?
This will be need when the cpu running on max load.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migration

hi, is there any tool that i can use to update my scripts (SH scripts) form Unix to linux. please mention any useful websites. thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process migration

Using binary translators, would it be possible capture the runtime image (instructions and data) of processes and translate these so that the process can run from where it left on a machine with a different architecture? This will be useful for migrating applications to heterogenous systems for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumona
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration

Hi all, Would appreciate advise on my situation. Currently server A is in production. Server A takes in data from Server X, does some processing and send to server Y. We are going to develop a different system in server B, something like an enhanced version of A. Server A will be retired once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process migration

how can i migrate a running process in unix to another node for load balancing? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aisalihu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process migration

how can i migrate a running process in unix to another node? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aisalihu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migration unit testing process

Hi, We are doing migration from DB2 to Teradata. There are couple of things involving in the project. Please see below following order Autosys-Jil script Profile script Category1 Teradata script Data stage job script Tera data script Export files script.. Like that we have 10000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in child process

fork() system is used to create a child a process.lets consider fork() echo krace will print krace twice .if i give it in loop it will print krace 2 power n time..in this case all child and parent process executes same process ...but i want to create a four different child process to execute four... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kracekumar
4 Replies

8. Solaris

doubt regarding process usage

Is there any ways to check the process usage for specific time interval. I tried with prstat but am not able to obtain the expected result and even with /var/adm/messages also. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
12 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
NUMACTL(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						NUMACTL(8)

NAME
numastat - Print statistics about NUMA memory allocation SYNOPSIS
numastat DESCRIPTION
numastat displays NUMA allocations statistics from the kernel memory allocator. Each process has NUMA policies that specifies on which node pages are allocated. See set_mempolicy(2) or numactl(8) on details of the available policies. The numastat counters keep track on what nodes memory is finally allocated. The counters are separated for each node. Each count event is the allocation of a page of memory. numa_hit is the number of allocations where an allocation was intended for that node and succeeded there. numa_miss shows how often an allocation was intended for this node, but ended up on another node due to low memory. numa_foreign is the number of allocations that were intended for another node, but ended up on this node. Each numa_foreign event has a numa_miss on another node. interleave_hit is the number of interleave policy allocations that were intended for a specific node and succeeded there. local_node is incremented when a process running on the node allocated memory on the same node. other_node is incremented when a process running on another node allocated memory on that node. SEE ALSO
numactl(8) set_mempolicy(2) numa(3) NOTES
numastat output is only available on NUMA systems. numastat assumes the output terminal has a width of 80 characters and tries to format the output accordingly. EXAMPLES
watch -n1 numastat watch -n1 --differences=accumulative numastat FILES
/sys/devices/system/node/node*/numastat BUGS
The output formatting on machines with a large number of nodes could be improved. SuSE Labs Nov 2004 NUMACTL(8)