Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Installing Windows 7 on a GPT drive Post 302708635 by mojoman on Monday 1st of October 2012 11:35:40 PM
Old 10-02-2012
Installing Windows 7 on a GPT drive

Hello,

My hard drive was formatted with GPT. It is part of a volume group and has two logical volumes on it. Is it possible to convert the drive to MBR? If so, how would I got about doing it? I know there are programs out there that do it, but I have volume groups with LVM's so I am wondering if it is possible in this case.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error After Installing Tape Drive

Hi, I am a newbie to Solaris, I have a SunFire V120 box, i was trying to install a tape drive(HP SureStore DAT24), i did the install in this manner. # rm -rf /etc/path_to_inst # init 6 later at the "ok" prompt i gave "boot -ar" after doing that it asked me various options i accepted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendra.rait
2 Replies

2. Linux

Installing tape drive?

Hello. I have Redhat 8.0 on a laptop. Working good. I wanted to install the tape drive that is physically attached to it. The tape drive worked fine under Windows98SE. It's one of those parallel QIC-80 drives and I confirmed that it is supported by FTape. It appears that FTape might already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuralTurtle
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 10 on Flash Drive

Where can I find instructions for doing this? I am running Win XP and would like to be able to run solaris 10 from my flash drive. Thanks, Carrie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carrie Heiser
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

help regarding installing FEDORA on flash drive

How should i install Fedora onto flash drive .. to boot the OS from flash drive.. plz help me in that!! :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies
vgrestore(1M)															     vgrestore(1M)

NAME
vgrestore - restore a VxVM disk group back to an LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vgrestore vg_name DESCRIPTION
The vgrestore command restores a Logical Volume Manager (LVM) volume group that was previously converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvm- convert utility. ARGUMENTS
vg_name Specifies the name of a volume group that was converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvmconvert utility. EXIT CODES
vgrestore exits with one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. >0 Failure; an error occurred. WARNINGS
vgrestore functions only on VxVM disk groups that were converted from LVM volume groups by the vxvmconvert command. It is a good idea to back up user data before running vgrestore, and restore it after the vgrestore completes, as vgrestore can only restore a logical volume back to the state it was in before conversion to VxVM. If data changed on the volume while it was a VxVM volume, the changes won't be reflected on the volume after being restored to LVM. As part of the original conversion process, applications that once referenced the now-converted LVM volume's path names may have changed to reference VxVM volume special device file names. Alternatively, special device file path names originally representing the now-converted LVM volumes may have changed to symbolic links pointing to the VxVM volume path names. Be sure to undo these actions when restoring back to LVM. Do not use vgrestore unless you are certain that you want to restore LVM volume groups. After vgrestore this is run, the VxVM disks will no longer exist. EXAMPLES
To restore the LVM volume group vg03 that was converted by vxvmconvert to the VxVM disk group dg03, enter: vgcfgrestore vg03 SEE ALSO
vxvmconvert(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Migration Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vgrestore(1M)