Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DOAD
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks DOAD Post 302708501 by Linux Bot on Monday 1st of October 2012 04:45:01 PM
Old 10-01-2012
DOAD

2012-10-01T22:36:35+02:00

Tweet
Image Image Image Image

Source...

CGI::FormBuilder::Source(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     CGI::FormBuilder::Source(3pm)

NAME
CGI::FormBuilder::Source - Source adapters for FormBuilder SYNOPSIS
# Define a source adapter package CGI::FormBuilder::Source::Whatever; sub new { my $self = shift; my $class = ref($self) || $self; my %opt = @_; return bless \%opt, $class; } sub parse { my $self = shift; my $file = shift || $self->{source}; # open the file and parse it, or whatever my %formopt; open(F, "<$file") || die "Can't read $file: $!"; while (<F>) { # ... do stuff to the line ... $formopt{$fb_option} = $fb_value; } # return hash of $form options return wantarray ? %formopt : \%formopt; } DESCRIPTION
This documentation describes the usage of FormBuilder sources, as well as how to write your own source adapter. An external source is invoked by using the "source" option to the top-level "new()" method: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( source => 'source_file.conf' ); This example points to a filename that contains a file following the "CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File" layout. Like with the "template" option, you can also specify "source" as a reference to a hash, allowing you to use other source adapters: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => @fields, source => { type => 'File', source => '/path/to/source.conf', } ); The "type" option specifies the name of the source adapter. Currently accepted types are: File - CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File In addition to one of these types, you can also specify a complete package name, in which case that module will be autoloaded and its "new()" and "parse()" routines used. For example: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => @fields, source => { type => 'My::Source::Module', somefile => '/path/to/source.conf', } ); All other options besides "type" are passed to the constructor for that source module verbatim, so it's up to you and/or the source module on how these additional options should be handled. SEE ALSO
CGI::FormBuilder, CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File, REVISION
$Id: Source.pm 100 2007-03-02 18:13:13Z nwiger $ AUTHOR
Copyright (c) Nate Wiger <http://nateware.com>. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you may copy this under the terms of the GNU General Public License, or the Artistic License, copies of which should have accompanied your Perl kit. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-16 CGI::FormBuilder::Source(3pm)