Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vi/vim lessons 1 - 7
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? vi/vim lessons 1 - 7 Post 302707605 by Neo on Saturday 29th of September 2012 04:47:02 AM
Old 09-29-2012
We are going to put each one of these seven lessons into it's own thread and then see if we can get a discussion going on each (improvements, suggestions, errors, etc.) - Maybe we'll make a new (better?) set?
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Private Lessons

Hi everyone, I'm looking to hire for private lessons a individual who is presently working as a unix system administrator or instructor in school who is teaching unix. I live in Clifton nj my nubmer is Cell **no phonenumbers on this forum** or email **no emails on this forum** please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john furman
1 Replies

2. Programming

C Lessons

I started wrting c lessons for absoulute begginers to advanced users, I think material can be considered quality, and my students learn programming with this stuff. If you wish feel free to start reading it here: www.visualcmaniac.com its only 5 lessons for now so maybe could be easier for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vurdlak
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

The 5 Minute Management Course (Six Lessons)

Lesson 1: A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
pthread_testcancel(3C)													    pthread_testcancel(3C)

NAME
pthread_testcancel - create cancellation point in the calling thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> void pthread_testcancel(void); The pthread_testcancel() function forces testing for cancellation. This is useful when you need to execute code that runs for long periods without encountering cancellation points; such as a library routine that executes long-running computations without cancellation points. This type of code can block cancellation for unacceptable long periods of time. One strategy for avoiding blocking cancellation for long periods, is to insert calls to pthread_testcancel() in the long-running computation code and to setup a cancellation handler in the library code, if required. The pthread_testcancel() function returns void. The pthread_testcancel() function does not return errors. See cancellation(5) for an example of using pthread_testcancel() to force testing for cancellation and a discussion of cancellation con- cepts. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Intro(3), pthread_cleanup_pop(3C), pthread_cleanup_push(3C), pthread_exit(3C), pthread_join(3C), pthread_setcancelstate(3C), pthread_set- canceltype(3C), setjmp(3C), attributes(5), cancellation(5), condition(5), standards(5) The pthread_testcancel() function has no effect if cancellation is disabled. Use pthread_testcancel() with pthread_setcanceltype() called with its canceltype set to PTHREAD_CANCEL_DEFERRED. The pthread_testcancel() function operation is undefined if pthread_setcanceltype() was called with its canceltype argument set to PTHREAD_CANCEL_ASYNCHRONOUS. It is possible to kill a thread when it is holding a resource, such as lock or allocated memory. If that thread has not setup a cancella- tion cleanup handler to release the held resource, the application is "cancel-unsafe". See attributes(5) for a discussion of Cancel- Safety, Deferred-Cancel-Safety, and Asynchronous-Cancel-Safety. 23 Mar 2005 pthread_testcancel(3C)