Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vi/vim lessons 1 - 7
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? vi/vim lessons 1 - 7 Post 302707573 by Neo on Saturday 29th of September 2012 04:03:46 AM
Old 09-29-2012
vi/vim lessons 1 - 7

Basic Editing

This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Private Lessons

Hi everyone, I'm looking to hire for private lessons a individual who is presently working as a unix system administrator or instructor in school who is teaching unix. I live in Clifton nj my nubmer is Cell **no phonenumbers on this forum** or email **no emails on this forum** please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john furman
1 Replies

2. Programming

C Lessons

I started wrting c lessons for absoulute begginers to advanced users, I think material can be considered quality, and my students learn programming with this stuff. If you wish feel free to start reading it here: www.visualcmaniac.com its only 5 lessons for now so maybe could be easier for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vurdlak
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

The 5 Minute Management Course (Six Lessons)

Lesson 1: A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim72/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)