Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX rcp command is not working in crontab Post 302707159 by methyl on Friday 28th of September 2012 05:44:49 AM
Old 09-28-2012
The default Shell for HP-UX cron is already /bin/sh - which is the Posix Shell.

We can deduce that the crontab is owned by user "oraprd", and that the cron apprently ran for 3 minutes without the script failing as such.

Is there anything in /var/mail/oraprd? This is where any output from the script will be found.

Unless it is just the one line already posted, please post the actual contents of: /oracle/PRD/logshipment.sh

When you ran from the command line, were you logged in as user "oraprd"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab command not working

Dear Friends, I have tried to fire a job on daily basis through crontab command but it willn't work. i have given in the following manner: 07 19 * * * exp /user_name/passwd/ file = /path/file-name full = N owner = user-name but it is giving error that permission denied. i have checked that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digant
8 Replies

2. Solaris

rcp not working

I applied patch 108993-65 on two servers (5.8) and now I am unable to rcp to either machine. Getting "permission denied". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rcp command

Hi All, I am writing a shell script which will copy binaries from one remote server to local server. I am using "rcp command". But "rcp" command asks for the login password when copying to local server. Can anybody tell me how to pass the password through the shell script? Thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp command

Hi friends, Am trying to push a file on a remote server to my local host but getting "permission denied." error. Please let me know the basic steps that i need to have a look at in order to let the "rcp" command work successfully. Pl. Note: Both the servers belong to Sun Solaris 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivas_Hari
5 Replies

6. Solaris

RCP command timed out

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp not working?

I'm trying to copy a file from a remote unix box, host1, to my unix box, host2. The first line of code gets the last word from a text document (this is the name of the file I need from host1) #!/usr/bin/ksh tail -1 Report.txt | perl -e '@arr = split /\//,<>; lastWord = $arr' rcp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problems with rcp command

I have two servers A and B; A has redhat 5 and B has Suse10. Both of them has rhost file configuration. When i try to copy file from A to B that is OK but when try to copy from B to A i have an error: connection refused. I installed rsh and rsh-server on server A and stop iptables service. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinsonusp2014
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script working on command line and not on crontab

my problem is this: when I run a script from the command line it works but returns a failure if I run it from crontab. Basically I wanted to send a file to hdfs, I thought it was related to the fact that crontab do not know the path to hdfs so I put the full path but it still does not work: here... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
16 Replies
rcp(1c) 																   rcp(1c)

Name
       rcp - remote file copy

Syntax
       rcp [ -p ] file1 file2
       rcp [-r] [-p] file... directory

Description
       The command copies files between machines.  Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form rhost:path, or a local
       file name.  Local file names do not contain colons (:) or backslashes () before colons.

Note that the command refuses to copy a file onto itself.

If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to your login directory on rhost.  To ensure that the metacharacters are inter-
       preted  remotely,  a  remote  host's  path  can be quoted by either using a backslash () before a single character, or enclosing character
       strings in double (") or single (') quotes.

The command does not prompt for passwords; your current local user name must exist on rhost and allow remote command execution via

The command handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine.  Hostnames may also take the form
       rname@rhost  to	use rname rather than the current user name on the remote host.  The following example shows how to copy the file foo from
       user1@mach1 to user2@mach2:
	$ rcp user1@mach1:foo  user2@mach2:foo
       Note that the file .rhosts on mach2 in user2's account must include an entry for mach1 user1.  Also note that it may be necessary  for  the
       person implementing the command to be listed in the .rhosts file for mach1 user1.

By  default,  the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if file2 already exists.  Otherwise, the mode of the source file modified by on the
       destination host is used.

Options
       -p   Preserves the modification times and modes of the source files in its copies, ignoring the

-r   Copies files in all subdirectories recursively, if the file to be copied is a directory.  In this  case  the  destination  must  be  a
	    directory.

Restrictions
       The  command  is  confused by output generated by commands in a .cshrc file on the remote host.	In particular, `where are you?' and `stty:
       Can't assign requested address' are messages which can result if output is generated by the startup file.

See Also
       ftp(1c), rlogin(1c), rsh(1c)

rcp(1c)