Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX rcp command is not working in crontab Post 302706763 by methyl on Thursday 27th of September 2012 10:11:58 AM
Old 09-27-2012
Please post the line from crontab , the Operating System and version, the whole script, and any output seen in unix mail for the owner of the cron.

Is the owner of the crontab the same user as the interactive user. If not, has the remote system been configured to allow rcp from the owner of the crontab? (e.g. with an entry in a .rhosts file or similar)?

Last edited by methyl; 09-27-2012 at 11:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab command not working

Dear Friends, I have tried to fire a job on daily basis through crontab command but it willn't work. i have given in the following manner: 07 19 * * * exp /user_name/passwd/ file = /path/file-name full = N owner = user-name but it is giving error that permission denied. i have checked that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digant
8 Replies

2. Solaris

rcp not working

I applied patch 108993-65 on two servers (5.8) and now I am unable to rcp to either machine. Getting "permission denied". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rcp command

Hi All, I am writing a shell script which will copy binaries from one remote server to local server. I am using "rcp command". But "rcp" command asks for the login password when copying to local server. Can anybody tell me how to pass the password through the shell script? Thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp command

Hi friends, Am trying to push a file on a remote server to my local host but getting "permission denied." error. Please let me know the basic steps that i need to have a look at in order to let the "rcp" command work successfully. Pl. Note: Both the servers belong to Sun Solaris 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivas_Hari
5 Replies

6. Solaris

RCP command timed out

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp not working?

I'm trying to copy a file from a remote unix box, host1, to my unix box, host2. The first line of code gets the last word from a text document (this is the name of the file I need from host1) #!/usr/bin/ksh tail -1 Report.txt | perl -e '@arr = split /\//,<>; lastWord = $arr' rcp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problems with rcp command

I have two servers A and B; A has redhat 5 and B has Suse10. Both of them has rhost file configuration. When i try to copy file from A to B that is OK but when try to copy from B to A i have an error: connection refused. I installed rsh and rsh-server on server A and stop iptables service. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinsonusp2014
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script working on command line and not on crontab

my problem is this: when I run a script from the command line it works but returns a failure if I run it from crontab. Basically I wanted to send a file to hdfs, I thought it was related to the fact that crontab do not know the path to hdfs so I put the full path but it still does not work: here... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
16 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD