Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX rcp command is not working in crontab Post 302706607 by BPANDEY on Thursday 27th of September 2012 04:23:04 AM
Old 09-27-2012
rcp command is not working in crontab

Dear Friends,

I am trying to copy SAP log file from one HPux server1 to another HPux server2 remotely through one script.
following command has written in the script.

Code:
rcp -rp /oracle/PRD/sapreorg/*.dbf oraprd@drsite:/oracle/PRD/sapreorg

Above command working fine from command mode.
But whenever I try to execute it throu crontab it is not working.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhagawati Pandey

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-27-2012 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab command not working

Dear Friends, I have tried to fire a job on daily basis through crontab command but it willn't work. i have given in the following manner: 07 19 * * * exp /user_name/passwd/ file = /path/file-name full = N owner = user-name but it is giving error that permission denied. i have checked that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digant
8 Replies

2. Solaris

rcp not working

I applied patch 108993-65 on two servers (5.8) and now I am unable to rcp to either machine. Getting "permission denied". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rcp command

Hi All, I am writing a shell script which will copy binaries from one remote server to local server. I am using "rcp command". But "rcp" command asks for the login password when copying to local server. Can anybody tell me how to pass the password through the shell script? Thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp command

Hi friends, Am trying to push a file on a remote server to my local host but getting "permission denied." error. Please let me know the basic steps that i need to have a look at in order to let the "rcp" command work successfully. Pl. Note: Both the servers belong to Sun Solaris 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivas_Hari
5 Replies

6. Solaris

RCP command timed out

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp not working?

I'm trying to copy a file from a remote unix box, host1, to my unix box, host2. The first line of code gets the last word from a text document (this is the name of the file I need from host1) #!/usr/bin/ksh tail -1 Report.txt | perl -e '@arr = split /\//,<>; lastWord = $arr' rcp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problems with rcp command

I have two servers A and B; A has redhat 5 and B has Suse10. Both of them has rhost file configuration. When i try to copy file from A to B that is OK but when try to copy from B to A i have an error: connection refused. I installed rsh and rsh-server on server A and stop iptables service. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinsonusp2014
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script working on command line and not on crontab

my problem is this: when I run a script from the command line it works but returns a failure if I run it from crontab. Basically I wanted to send a file to hdfs, I thought it was related to the fact that crontab do not know the path to hdfs so I put the full path but it still does not work: here... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
16 Replies
asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				     asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-restart-instance, restart-instance - restarts the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
restart-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the restart-instance to restart the instance with the instance name specified. The restart-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To restart remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the administration server, and the instance must be running. The restart-instance command is not supported on Windows. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be restarted. Example 1: Using restart-instance in local mode asadmin> restart-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted on the domain1 domain. Example 2: Using restart-instance in remote mode asadmin> restart-instance --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted. The restarted instance is associated with the user, password, host, and port number specified. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)