Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SIMPLE HTTP PROXY SERVER CHECKER (Completed) Post 302704807 by Corona688 on Sunday 23rd of September 2012 02:32:16 PM
Old 09-23-2012
Ever wondered where those huge lists of mostly-broken public proxies come from? I don't, anymore. I saw a server become compromised by a rootkit, and appear in one of those lists. A badly thought-out apache configuration also made a different server of mine appear in one of those lists, and even after I fixed it, I was getting 403's for months from people trying to use it as a proxy.

Those lists are full of computers that are, or were, compromised. My advice? Get your own.

Last edited by Corona688; 09-23-2012 at 03:40 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Proxy Checker in C

Hello Everyone Im planning to make a C program to check a proxy server if it is working or bot, test the proxy speed ,response time , as well as a proxy type. i'm learning using libcurl right now to fetch http headers. do you guys have some links about how to check proxy headers?. Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magictalong
0 Replies

2. Programming

Tools for writing a simple syntax checker?

I'm trying to write a small utility for syntax checking. I've tried using Flex/Bison, but these seem too advanced for my task. A simpler tool would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilja
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple HTTP server in GAWK

Hi, Not sure if this post belongs to this forum but I have been trying every so often to setup a simple http server in awk. After a couple of try and errors I finally came across this: REMCONF - TCP/IP Internetworking With `gawk' This tutorial is not to cut and paste without change, so here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
0 Replies

5. Programming

Sending and Receiving data between Client, HTTP Proxy, and Remote Server

I am having problems receiving data from a remote server. It seems that I can send an HTTP request to any host such as http://www.google.com, but I can't get a reply. I'm sending the host a HTTP 1.0 request that is formatted as such: GET / HTTP/1.0 Host: http://www.google.com Connection:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubham92
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Completed: Domain name tools. Generator & Checker

I'm fairly new to bash scripts, and all things unix in general. But I was in desperate need of this script, so I took matters into my own hands and built it! The first script uses a password generator that creates 4 letter domain names and outputs only the ones that are available. Currently its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Files
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Http connect to proxy to websockets

I am having a hard time with this one. We have a websocket server listening on port 80 at myserver.com/wsDemo?ID=12. We need to test a client program by connecting it to this server through a proxy. I am trying nginx 1.2.7 as the proxy on port 8080, running on proxy-server. We want the client to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

8. AIX

Configure HTTP proxy in SUMA

Hi, I am trying to configure an HTTP_PROXY so that suma can reach out beyond our intranet and pull updates from the IBM website. Currently, our suma config is the default as it's not been used before. When I attempt to issue the following command sudo suma... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAR1
7 Replies
WEBSERVER(1)							       mrtg							      WEBSERVER(1)

NAME
webserver - hints for web server configuration SYNOPSIS
If you want people to actually see the results of your network monitoring efforts you will need a webserver. This document lists some configuration hints for webservers. Contributions welcome. APACHE
Configuring mod_expire A big issue with mrtg monitoring data is the expiery time. All these nice graphs you can create are only valid for a short time. If you do not take special action some webbrowsers will not notice this and you may end up with people seeing old data because of caching issues. The apache module mod_expire allows you to setup special expiery properties for individual file. Here is an example for how this may look for an mrtg web directory. The configuration directives can be stored into a .htaccess file. ############################################################ # Example .htaccess for use with apache-1.2 and mod_expire. # (mod_expire come with apache-1.2 but you have to explicitly # activate it when compiling the httpd ...) ############################################################# # <Files "*-day.png"> ExpiresActive On # enable expirations # five minutes ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> <Files "*-week.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M1800 </Files> <Files "*-month.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M7200 </Files> <Files "*-year.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M86400 </Files> <Files "*.html"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> # index.html is not automatically generated <Files "index.html"> ExpiresActive Off </Files> AUTHOR
Unknown 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2.9.17 WEBSERVER(1)