Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to check HDD Rpm?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to check HDD Rpm? Post 302704713 by fpmurphy on Saturday 22nd of September 2012 08:11:29 PM
Old 09-22-2012
You need to load the hdparm package. It is not loaded by default.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if rpm is installed

Hi all im hoping someone can help, i want to check if a rpm package is installed, if it is then display one text if not then another text, below is what i have got so far, im am very much a noob at this, as you can probably can see so if possible make it simple, and a big thankyou if you can help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
3 Replies

3. Linux

Converting source rpm to binary rpm

Hi, I need to install an rpm file,but I only have '.src.rpm' version of it. I want to convert it to a binary rpm. so I tried this rpm --rebuild somethin.src.rpm But I am gettin '--rebuild:Invalid option' as output Is there another way to rebuild source rpm.? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old HDD copy to new HDD ? im lost...

Over the last few months the HDD spins louder and louder, so I fiqured its time to replace the HDD. Its been running 24/7/365 since 98 :eek:. yes i said since 98 :D I have an IBM system 43P Model 240. 233 MHz. running AIX Version 4. The current HDD is an IBM DGHS COMP IEC -950 FRU PN#... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chevy89rocks
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to check HDD partno:

Hi Friends, I am running true64unix in compaq ES40 server. I am New to true64unix. My question is how to check the partno: of HDD without changing the state of the server. Is there any similar command of solaris like showfru or format there to check the partno. Thanks N regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhankar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to check for rpm packages

I have a list of rpm packages... and want to check if the version is equal to or greater than the package in the package list. This is what I have so far... but I would like to add more intelligence to it. while read line do COUNT=`rpm -qa --qf "%{n}-%{v}-%{r} (%{arch})\n" | grep -c "$line"` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux4life
0 Replies

9. AIX

Rpm issue with autoconf-2.63-1.AIX6.1.noarch.rpm

dears i am trying to install the autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm but its shows the below error message . P700_dev/svn/dependencies>rpm -i autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: m4 is needed by autoconf-2.63-1 P700_dev/svn/dependencies> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

10. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies
Tcl_StaticPackage(3)                                          Tcl Library Procedures                                          Tcl_StaticPackage(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StaticPackage - make a statically linked package available via the 'load' command SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_StaticPackage(interp, pkgName, initProc, safeInitProc) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) If not NULL, points to an interpreter into which the package has already been loaded (i.e., the caller has already invoked the appropriate initialization procedure). NULL means the package has not yet been incorporated into any interpreter. const char *pkgName (in) Name of the package; should be properly capitalized (first letter upper-case, all others lower-case). Tcl_PackageInitProc *initProc (in) Procedure to invoke to incorporate this package into a trusted interpreter. Tcl_PackageInitProc *safeInitProc (in) Procedure to call to incorporate this package into a safe interpreter (one that will exe- cute untrusted scripts). NULL means the package cannot be used in safe interpreters. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This procedure may be invoked to announce that a package has been linked statically with a Tcl application and, optionally, that it has already been loaded into an interpreter. Once Tcl_StaticPackage has been invoked for a package, it may be loaded into interpreters using the load command. Tcl_StaticPackage is normally invoked only by the Tcl_AppInit procedure for the application, not by packages for them- selves (Tcl_StaticPackage should only be invoked for statically loaded packages, and code in the package itself should not need to know whether the package is dynamically or statically loaded). When the load command is used later to load the package into an interpreter, one of initProc and safeInitProc will be invoked, depending on whether the target interpreter is safe or not. initProc and safeInitProc must both match the following prototype: typedef int Tcl_PackageInitProc(Tcl_Interp *interp); The interp argument identifies the interpreter in which the package is to be loaded. The initialization procedure must return TCL_OK or TCL_ERROR to indicate whether or not it completed successfully; in the event of an error it should set the interpreter's result to point to an error message. The result or error from the initialization procedure will be returned as the result of the load command that caused the initialization procedure to be invoked. KEYWORDS
initialization procedure, package, static linking Tcl 7.5 Tcl_StaticPackage(3)