Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers [SOLVED] find command match pattern Post 302704707 by spacebar on Saturday 22nd of September 2012 07:00:09 PM
Old 09-22-2012
Try the below example:
Code:
$ cd tmp
$ ls -l
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Sep 22 17:33 1
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Sep 22 17:34 12
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Sep 22 17:34 12ab
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Sep 22 17:34 2
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Sep 22 17:34 ab12
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Aug 22 19:14 txt2regex-0.8

$ find . -maxdepth 1 -regex "./[0-9]*"
./1
./12
./2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: No match due to find command being argument

I am using csh and getting the error "find: No match." but I cannot figure out why. What I am trying to do is set the find command to a variable and then execute the variable as a command. I ran it through a debugger and it looks like $FIND is getting set but the find command can not actually be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mst3k4l
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch last line no form file which is match with specific pattern by grep command

Hi i have a file which have a pattern like this Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 9 08:14:27 EST5EDT 2010 on tty . Nov 10 Oct 19 02:14:21 EST5EDT 2010 on pts/tk . Nov 10 afrtetryytr Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 10 03:21:04 EST5EDT 2010 Dec 8 Nov 10 05:03:02 EST5EDT 2010 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Assistance with find command please

Trying to locate files less than xx days old, throughout all directories/subdirectories, but excluding certain types of directories and files. The directories I want to search all contain the same characteristic (dbdef, pldef, ghdef, etc), and there are subdirectories within that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Condmach
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] weird in find -exec command

i feel weird with this 2 command find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec rm -f {}\; find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec ls -lrt {}\; the first one return correct which only delete those filename that consist *test* where second command it listed all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Grep within find command

Platform: AIX 6.1/ksh Question1. I want to grep for the string "CUSTOM_PKMS" in all the files in server except those files with extensions .dbf , .ctl and .dmp I started running the following command but it is taking too long because there are lots of .dbf , .ctl and .dmp files in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pattern match and write to separate files

I need to parse a file and depending on a patern match(in the insert job line) separate files have to be created with a line added (content in file2). Mapping for pattern match and add line : for Alpha 123 for Beta 234 for Gamma 345 no match (goes into another file) File 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find command is not working

Hello Friends, I have a problem about a little script, when i run the following two lines one by one on CLI then they work well: /usr/bin/mkdir `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); print strftime "%Y-%m-%d",localtime(time() - 30*24*60*60);'` find . -type f -name "fuseesb.log.*" -mtime 30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to get file content until 2 occurrence of pattern match

AWK command to get file content until 3 occurrence of pattern match, INPUT FILE: JMS_BODY_FIELD:JMSText = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <custOptIn xmlns="http://com/walm/ta/cu/ccs/xml2"> <person>Romi</person> <appName>SAP</appName> </custOptIn> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies
DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						Debian Build System						 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
dbs-edit-patch - Edit a DBS patch SYNOPSIS
dbs-edit-patch [options] patch dbs-edit-patch -h|--help DESCRIPTION
dbs-edit-patch is script to generate or modify patches for Debian source-packages in DBS format. WARNING
dbs is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide how to do it. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -t dir, --tmpdir=dir Directory for the temporary files, default is /tmp or if set $TMP. -s dir, --sourcedir=dir Top level directory of the debian-package source-tree, default is the present working directory. -P dir, --sourcepatchdir=dir Directory containing upstream patches. -T dir, --sourcetardir=dir Directory containing the upstream tarball. -p level, --strip=level Striplevel -p of patch (Option -p of diff(1)), accepted values are 0 and 1, default is 0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TMP Sets the directory for the temporary files, can be overridden with -t dir. debian/vars dbs-edit-patch will automatically use variables defined in the optional debian/vars file. When a file debian/vars.in exists and debian/vars either does not exist or is older than any of the following files: debian/vars.in, debian/changelog, debian/rules or debian/control, then dbs-edit-patch will try updating the vars file by running the following command make -f debian/rules -W debian/vars.in debian/vars EXAMPLES
Edit the 021_debian patch of Heimdal: ~/heimdal-0.3d> dbs-edit-patch -t/tmp 021_debian Extracting source heimdal-0.3d.tar.gz ... successful. Applying patch 001_replay ... successful. etc. Copying heimdal-0.3d to heimdal-0.3d-old ... successful. Applying patch 021_debian ... successful. Edit files under /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d as required, then put a short description into /tmp/021_debian/patch-description if desired, and finally execute /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch to save the results. Technical note: dbs-edit-patch extracts all patches before 021_debian into /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d, copies the result to /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d-old, and applies the last patch 021_debian (if it exists). Also, it creates a shell script which will create the diff between the old and new directories: ~/heimdal-0.3d> ls -la /tmp/021_debian total 12 -rwxr-xr-x 1 bam users 112 Jan 31 13:31 dbs-update-patch* -rw-r--r-- 1 bam users 0 Jan 31 13:31 patch-description drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d/ drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d-old/ drwxr-xr-x 5 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 .stampdir/ ~/heimdal-0.3d> cat /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch #!/bin/sh -e cd "/tmp/021_debian" HOOK_DIR="/usr/src/heimdal/debian/dbs-hooks" test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-prediff find -name "*.bak" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm find -name "*~" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm : > new_patch test ! -e patch-description || cp patch-description new_patch diff -ruN heimdal-0.3d-old heimdal-0.3d >> new_patch || test $? -eq 1 mv new_patch /usr/src/heimdal/debian/patches/021_debian test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-postdiff SEE ALSO
diff(1), dbs(7), /usr/share/doc/dbs/ AUTHOR
DBS was written by Adam Heath, modified by Ben Collins, modified and packaged for Debian by Brian May. This manpage was generated by Andreas Metzler and modified by Robert Luberda. Debian February 15th, 2011 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)