Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers [SOLVED] find command match pattern Post 302704689 by satin1321 on Saturday 22nd of September 2012 05:46:33 PM
Old 09-22-2012
[SOLVED] find command match pattern

Hello,

I would like to ask you, how to match directory names. I need to find only directories, which are created only from numbers and doesn't include any letters.

I used command

Code:

find $AC_WORKDIR/work_archive/test/$dirs_years -maxdepth 1 -name \[0-9]\* -print

If I have dirs like
12ab
ab12

it gives dirs 12, 12ab. I need only dir 12. Thank you for your answer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: No match due to find command being argument

I am using csh and getting the error "find: No match." but I cannot figure out why. What I am trying to do is set the find command to a variable and then execute the variable as a command. I ran it through a debugger and it looks like $FIND is getting set but the find command can not actually be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mst3k4l
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch last line no form file which is match with specific pattern by grep command

Hi i have a file which have a pattern like this Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 9 08:14:27 EST5EDT 2010 on tty . Nov 10 Oct 19 02:14:21 EST5EDT 2010 on pts/tk . Nov 10 afrtetryytr Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 10 03:21:04 EST5EDT 2010 Dec 8 Nov 10 05:03:02 EST5EDT 2010 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Assistance with find command please

Trying to locate files less than xx days old, throughout all directories/subdirectories, but excluding certain types of directories and files. The directories I want to search all contain the same characteristic (dbdef, pldef, ghdef, etc), and there are subdirectories within that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Condmach
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] weird in find -exec command

i feel weird with this 2 command find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec rm -f {}\; find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec ls -lrt {}\; the first one return correct which only delete those filename that consist *test* where second command it listed all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Grep within find command

Platform: AIX 6.1/ksh Question1. I want to grep for the string "CUSTOM_PKMS" in all the files in server except those files with extensions .dbf , .ctl and .dmp I started running the following command but it is taking too long because there are lots of .dbf , .ctl and .dmp files in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pattern match and write to separate files

I need to parse a file and depending on a patern match(in the insert job line) separate files have to be created with a line added (content in file2). Mapping for pattern match and add line : for Alpha 123 for Beta 234 for Gamma 345 no match (goes into another file) File 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find command is not working

Hello Friends, I have a problem about a little script, when i run the following two lines one by one on CLI then they work well: /usr/bin/mkdir `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); print strftime "%Y-%m-%d",localtime(time() - 30*24*60*60);'` find . -type f -name "fuseesb.log.*" -mtime 30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to get file content until 2 occurrence of pattern match

AWK command to get file content until 3 occurrence of pattern match, INPUT FILE: JMS_BODY_FIELD:JMSText = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <custOptIn xmlns="http://com/walm/ta/cu/ccs/xml2"> <person>Romi</person> <appName>SAP</appName> </custOptIn> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies
MKSQUASHFS(1)					      create and append squashfs filesystems					     MKSQUASHFS(1)

NAME
mksquashfs - tool to create and append to squashfs filesystems SYNOPSIS
mksquashfs SOURCE [SOURCE2 ...] DESTINATION [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Squashfs is a highly compressed read-only filesystem for Linux. It uses zlib compression to compress both files, inodes and directories. Inodes in the system are very small and all blocks are packed to minimize data overhead. Block sizes greater than 4K are supported up to a maximum of 64K. Squashfs is intended for general read-only filesystem use, for archival use (i.e. in cases where a .tar.gz file may be used), and in con- strained block device/memory systems (e.g. embedded systems) where low overhead is needed. OPTIONS
Filesystem build options -comp COMPRESSION select COMPRESSION compression. Compressors available: gzip (default), lzo, xz. -b BLOCK_SIZE set data block to BLOCK_SIZE. Default 131072 bytes. -no-exports don't make the filesystem exportable via NFS. -no-sparse don't detect sparse files. -no-xattrs don't store extended attributes. -xattrs store extended attributes (default). -noI do not compress inode table. -noD do not compress data blocks. -noF do not compress fragment blocks. -noX do not compress extended attributes. -no-fragments do not use fragments. -always-use-fragments use fragment blocks for files larger than block size. -no-duplicates do not perform duplicate checking. -all-root make all files owned by root. -force-uid uid set all file uids to uid. -force-gid gid set all file gids to gid. -nopad do not pad filesystem to a multiple of 4K. -keep-as-directory if one source directory is specified, create a root directory containing that directory, rather than the contents of the directory. Filesystem filter options -p PSEUDO_DEFINITION Add pseudo file definition. -pf PSEUDO_FILE Add list of pseudo file definitions. -sort SORT_FILE sort files according to priorities in SORT_FILE. One file or dir with priority per line. Priority -32768 to 32767, default priority 0. -ef EXCLUDE_FILE list of exclude dirs/files. One per line. -wildcards Allow extended shell wildcards (globbing) to be used in exclude dirs/files -regex Allow POSIX regular expressions to be used in exclude dirs/files. Filesystem append options -noappend do not append to existing filesystem. -root-becomes NAME when appending source files/directories, make the original root become a subdirectory in the new root called NAME, rather than adding the new source items to the original root. Mksquashfs runtime options: -version print version, licence and copyright message. -recover NAME recover filesystem data using recovery file NAME. -no-recovery don't generate a recovery file. -info print files written to filesystem. -no-progress don't display the progress bar. -processors NUMBER Use NUMBER processors. By default will use number of processors available. -read-queue SIZE Set input queue to SIZE Mbytes. Default 64 Mbytes. -write-queue SIZE Set output queue to SIZE Mbytes. Default 512 Mbytes. -fragment-queue SIZE Set fragment queue to SIZE Mbytes. Default 64 Mbytes. Miscellaneous options -root-owned alternative name for -all-root. -noInodeCompression alternative name for -noI. -noDataCompression alternative name for -noD. -noFragmentCompression alternative name for -noF. -noXattrCompression alternative name for -noX. Compressors available and compressor specific options gzip (no options) (default) lzo (no options) xz -Xbcj filter1,filter2,...,filterN Compress using filter1,filter2,...,filterN in turn (in addition to no filter), and choose the best compression. Available filters: x86, arm, armthumb, powerpc, sparc, ia64. -Xdict-size DICT_SIZE Use DICT_SIZE as the XZ dictionary size. The dictionary size can be specified as a percentage of the block size, or as an absolute value. The dictionary size must be less than or equal to the block size and 8192 bytes or larger. It must also be storable in the xz header as either 2^n or as 2^n+2^(n+1). Example dict-sizes are 75%, 50%, 37.5%, 25%, or 32K, 16K, 8K etc. SEE ALSO
unsquashfs(1) HOMEPAGE
More information about mksquashfs and the squashfs filesystem can be found at <http://squashfs.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
squashfs was written by Phillip Lougher <plougher@users.sourceforge.net>. This manual page was written by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>. 4.2 2012-06-30 MKSQUASHFS(1)