Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers [SOLVED] find command match pattern Post 302704689 by satin1321 on Saturday 22nd of September 2012 05:46:33 PM
Old 09-22-2012
[SOLVED] find command match pattern

Hello,

I would like to ask you, how to match directory names. I need to find only directories, which are created only from numbers and doesn't include any letters.

I used command

Code:

find $AC_WORKDIR/work_archive/test/$dirs_years -maxdepth 1 -name \[0-9]\* -print

If I have dirs like
12ab
ab12

it gives dirs 12, 12ab. I need only dir 12. Thank you for your answer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: No match due to find command being argument

I am using csh and getting the error "find: No match." but I cannot figure out why. What I am trying to do is set the find command to a variable and then execute the variable as a command. I ran it through a debugger and it looks like $FIND is getting set but the find command can not actually be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mst3k4l
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch last line no form file which is match with specific pattern by grep command

Hi i have a file which have a pattern like this Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 9 08:14:27 EST5EDT 2010 on tty . Nov 10 Oct 19 02:14:21 EST5EDT 2010 on pts/tk . Nov 10 afrtetryytr Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 10 03:21:04 EST5EDT 2010 Dec 8 Nov 10 05:03:02 EST5EDT 2010 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Assistance with find command please

Trying to locate files less than xx days old, throughout all directories/subdirectories, but excluding certain types of directories and files. The directories I want to search all contain the same characteristic (dbdef, pldef, ghdef, etc), and there are subdirectories within that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Condmach
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] weird in find -exec command

i feel weird with this 2 command find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec rm -f {}\; find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec ls -lrt {}\; the first one return correct which only delete those filename that consist *test* where second command it listed all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Grep within find command

Platform: AIX 6.1/ksh Question1. I want to grep for the string "CUSTOM_PKMS" in all the files in server except those files with extensions .dbf , .ctl and .dmp I started running the following command but it is taking too long because there are lots of .dbf , .ctl and .dmp files in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pattern match and write to separate files

I need to parse a file and depending on a patern match(in the insert job line) separate files have to be created with a line added (content in file2). Mapping for pattern match and add line : for Alpha 123 for Beta 234 for Gamma 345 no match (goes into another file) File 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find command is not working

Hello Friends, I have a problem about a little script, when i run the following two lines one by one on CLI then they work well: /usr/bin/mkdir `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); print strftime "%Y-%m-%d",localtime(time() - 30*24*60*60);'` find . -type f -name "fuseesb.log.*" -mtime 30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to get file content until 2 occurrence of pattern match

AWK command to get file content until 3 occurrence of pattern match, INPUT FILE: JMS_BODY_FIELD:JMSText = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <custOptIn xmlns="http://com/walm/ta/cu/ccs/xml2"> <person>Romi</person> <appName>SAP</appName> </custOptIn> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies
xdg-user-dirs-update(1) 					   User Commands					   xdg-user-dirs-update(1)

NAME
xdg-user-dirs-update - Create and configure default desktop user directories. SYNOPSIS
xdg-user-dirs-update [--force] [--dummy-output path] [--set DIR path] DESCRIPTION
xdg-user-dirs-update is used to create the default desktop user directories such as : Desktop Download Templates Public Documents Music Pictures Videos In general this is run at user login to an XDG compatible desktop such as GNOME or KDE. The directories are created using the user's locale - and this information is then stored in the ${HOME}/.config/user-dirs.dirs file such that if the user then changes the locale they log in as, the directories will still be referenced correctly, but will remain in the original locale unless you run the xdg-user-dirs-update com- mand with the --force option. The default names used to create these directories are configured in the system configuration file /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults. Other configuration is stored in the file /etc/xdg/user-dirs.conf. In this file you can disable this functionality system-wide and define what encoding is used in the creation of the directories. By default this is UTF-8 since this is the main encoding used in the desktops. Continuous monitoring is done by the file manager - nautilus in GNOME - and if these directories are renamed or removed nautilus will update the user's configuration file to reflect this change. OPTIONS
--force Force an update of the directories to the current locale. --dummy-output path Simulate the creation of the user configuration file and write to the specified path. --set DIR path Update the user's configuration changing the DIR to point to the specified path. Valid desktop directories (DIR) are: DESKTOP DOWNLOAD TEMPLATES PUBLICSHARE DOCUMENTS MUSIC PICTURES VIDEOS FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/xdg-user-dirs-update XDG User Directory management utility. /etc/xdg/user-dirs.conf Used to configure the operation of xdg-user-dirs-update. Can be used to totally disable the the creation of these directories and also to define what locale encoding should be used by default - by default this is UTF-8 which is the preferred encoding used by the GNOME Virtual File System layer. /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults Used to configure the default locations that xdg-user-dirs-update will create/manage relative to the user's ${HOME}. ${HOME}/.config/user-dirs.dirs Location of the user-specific configuration including the current list of directories and what they map to. ${HOME}/.config/user-dirs.locale Contains the name of the locale (excluding encoding) that was used to create the initial set of directories. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Determine what may happen if you force an update. % xdg-user-dirs-update --force --dummy-output /tmp/dummy.out Moving DOWNLOAD directory from Downloads to Download Also will write output like the following to /tmp/dummy.out: # This file is written by xdg-user-dirs-update # If you want to change or add directories, just edit the line you're # interested in. All local changes will be retained on the next run # Format is XDG_xxx_DIR="$HOME/yyy", where yyy is a shell-escaped # homedir-relative path, or XDG_xxx_DIR="/yyy", where /yyy is an # absolute path. No other format is supported. # XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/Desktop" XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Download" XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="$HOME/Templates" XDG_PUBLICSHARE_DIR="$HOME/Public" XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR="$HOME/Documents" XDG_MUSIC_DIR="$HOME/Music" XDG_PICTURES_DIR="$HOME/Pictures" XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="$HOME/Videos" Example 2: Change location of my pictures. % xdg-user-dirs-update --set PICTURES /home/user/Documents/MyPictures Modifies the ${HOME}/.config/user-dirs.dirs file to have the line: ... XDG_PICTURES_DIR="$HOME/Documents/MyPictures" ... ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxdg-user-dirs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
More information can be found at: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update(1), xdg-user-dir(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc, 2008 SunOS 5.11 03 Apr 2008 xdg-user-dirs-update(1)