Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Post 302704417 by MOHA-1 on Friday 21st of September 2012 02:54:09 PM
Old 09-21-2012
Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux

Dear all,

i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty

i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux "

i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers

please i need helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help me in finding ideas for Linux Project

Hi guys.. I m newbie to this forum. Basically, i need help in my final year B.E project. I will need some ideas or hints to decide my Project Topic on/for Linux. If you ask me why i choose Linux.. then i wud say I want to contribute more to open source community and eagerly want to learn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRJSRJ
2 Replies

2. Programming

Project ideas for GNU/Linux C and BASH development

Hello everyone... I'm trying to find an interesting project to work on for my master thesis. I like GNU/Linux C development and BASH scripting. Please give me any idea that flashes in your mind. I thank you in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonx
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need help i solaris project ideas

i am studying solaris and i am assigned to do the course graduation project based in solaris . could anybody help me in issue by giving me some ideas or instructions thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mka87
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

1 Replies

7. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning project ideas - shell, python, UNIX tools, system administration

Hi guys, I am currently working as a system administration engineer, administering telecom applications on linux/unix platforms. I want to learn new things and improve the ones that i have and for this i though to really work on some project or something but i lack of ideas. I want to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

9. Open Source

Project planing - with Linux based solutions

Hello, Please suggest or share any of your experience for the following requests: Request: 1. Creation of the local network. The company will be in the field of IT. 10-15 persons. 10 will be physically in the office. The local network should be secured and all the files and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQwert
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advice for project UNIX to Linux migration

I am working on UNIX AIX to Linux migration. Does anybody know the good site for doing this? Thanks for contribution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
PARTX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-l] [--type TYPE] [--nr M-N] [partition] disk DESCRIPTION
Given a block device ( disk ) and a partition table type , try to parse the partition table, and list the contents. Optionally add or remove partitions. This is not an fdisk - adding and removing partitions is not a change of the disk, but just telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a add specified partitions or read disk and add all partitions -d delete specified or all partitions -l list partitions. Note that the all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. --type TYPE Specify the partition type -- dos, bsd, solaris, unixware or gpt. --nr M-N Specify the range of partitions (e.g --nr 2-4). SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. 11 Jan 2007 PARTX(8)