Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users HTML and attachment using mutt command Post 302704295 by DGPickett on Friday 21st of September 2012 10:39:47 AM
Old 09-21-2012
An old portugese post says:
You have to have a version of mutt 1.5.XX
At the command line type
Code:
mutt -e "set content_type=text/html" -s "Assunto" xxx@xxxxx.com <xxxx.html

There is a man page out there:

mutt(1): Mutt Mail User Agent - Linux man page

Attachments can be in 8-bit (raw), base-64 or uuencoded depending on the mail client. The first is, naturally, harder to handle but < 3/4 the size. It is easy to write or find either base-64 or uuencode source and executables.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML and Attachment

Hi, Could anyone please tell me, how to send html file with attachment. My file size is nearly 7MB. When I send mail through sendmail, I can see see the html format output but not able to see the attachment. but when i send the mail using mailx then i can see the attachment but i can see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with html attachment and html body

Hi folks, I have a perl script which sends out email after successful completion of job as inline html, I want to send it out as two parts now as html inline and html attachment. see the attached script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending html email with html attachment

Hello, I have a script which is sending an html file as an attachment. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="user@company.com" export CONTENT="/usr/tmp/file.html" export SUBJECT="EmailSubject" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenathkg
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send attachment without using uuencode and mutt

Hi, In my Linux am unable to send attachment to mail . Since pkgs for mutt and uuencode is not possible to install any other options for sending attachment will be useful. Tried the below options but its not working. mail -s "testmail" -a <filename> abc@mail.com cat <filename>|mail -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach multiple index.html file using mutt

Hi I want to attach multiple index.html, index_v2 file using mutt command basically i want first index.html and then index_v2.html file as a body in email , these html files are test reports I am using following command , but it is over writing , any help appreceated ;) mutt -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment with email without using uuencode and mutt

Hi All, do we have any option for sending attachment with email except using uuencode and mutt, because if i use these utilities then i will have to install them separately which is not feasible at time. please suggest on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies
mutt(1) 							   User Manuals 							   mutt(1)

NAME
mutt - The Mutt Mail User Agent SYNOPSIS
mutt [-nRyzZ] [-e cmd] [-F file] [-m type] [-f file] mutt [-nx] [-e cmd] [-F file] [-H file] [-i file] [-s subj] [-b addr] [-c addr] [-a file [...] --] addr|mailto_url [...] mutt [-nx] [-e cmd] [-F file] [-s subj] [-b addr] [-c addr] [-a file [...] --] addr|mailto_url [...] < message mutt [-n] [-e cmd] [-F file] -p mutt [-n] [-e cmd] [-F file] -A alias mutt [-n] [-e cmd] [-F file] -Q query mutt -v[v] mutt -D DESCRIPTION
Mutt is a small but very powerful text based program for reading and sending electronic mail under unix operating systems, including sup- port for color terminals, MIME, OpenPGP, and a threaded sorting mode. Note: This manual page gives a brief overview of mutt's command line options. You should find a copy of the full manual in /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.5.21, in text, HTML, and/or PDF format. OPTIONS
-A alias An expanded version of the given alias is passed to stdout. -a file [...] Attach a file to your message using MIME. When attaching single or multiple files, separating filenames and recipient addresses with "--" is mandatory, e.g. mutt -a image.jpg -- addr1 or mutt -a img.jpg *.png -- addr1 addr2. The -a option must be placed at the end of command line options. -b address Specify a blind-carbon-copy (BCC) recipient -c address Specify a carbon-copy (CC) recipient -d level If mutt was complied with +DEBUG log debugging output to ~/.muttdebug0. Level can range from 1-5 and effects verbosity. A value of 2 is recommended. -D Print the value of all configuration options to stdout. -e command Specify a configuration command to be run after processing of initialization files. -f mailbox Specify which mailbox to load. -F muttrc Specify an initialization file to read instead of ~/.muttrc -h Display help. -H draft Specify a draft file which contains header and body to use to send a message. -i include Specify a file to include into the body of a message. -m type specify a default mailbox type for newly created folders. -n Causes Mutt to bypass the system configuration file. -p Resume a postponed message. -Q query Query a configuration variables value. The query is executed after all configuration files have been parsed, and any commands given on the command line have been executed. -R Open a mailbox in read-only mode. -s subject Specify the subject of the message. -v Display the Mutt version number and compile-time definitions. -vv Display license and copyright information. -x Emulate the mailx compose mode. -y Start Mutt with a listing of all mailboxes specified by the mailboxes command. -z When used with -f, causes Mutt not to start if there are no messages in the mailbox. -Z Causes Mutt to open the first mailbox specified by the mailboxes command which contains new mail. -- Treat remaining arguments as addr even if they start with a dash. See also "-a" above. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Specifies the editor to use if VISUAL is unset. EMAIL The user's e-mail address. HOME Full path of the user's home directory. MAIL Full path of the user's spool mailbox. MAILDIR Full path of the user's spool mailbox if MAIL is unset. Commonly used when the spool mailbox is a maildir (5) folder. MAILCAPS Path to search for mailcap files. MM_NOASK If this variable is set, mailcap are always used without prompting first. PGPPATH Directory in which the user's PGP public keyring can be found. TMPDIR Directory in which temporary files are created. REPLYTO Default Reply-To address. VISUAL Specifies the editor to use when composing messages. FILES
~/.muttrc or ~/.mutt/muttrc User configuration file. /etc/Muttrc System-wide configuration file. /tmp/muttXXXXXX Temporary files created by Mutt. ~/.mailcap User definition for handling non-text MIME types. /etc/mailcap System definition for handling non-text MIME types. ~/.mime.types User's personal mapping between MIME types and file extensions. /etc/mime.types System mapping between MIME types and file extensions. /usr/bin/mutt_dotlock The privileged dotlocking program. /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.5.21/manual.txt The Mutt manual. BUGS
None. Mutts have fleas, not bugs. FLEAS
Suspend/resume while editing a file with an external editor does not work under SunOS 4.x if you use the curses lib in /usr/5lib. It does work with the S-Lang library, however. Resizing the screen while using an external pager causes Mutt to go haywire on some systems. Suspend/resume does not work under Ultrix. The help line for the index menu is not updated if you change the bindings for one of the functions listed while Mutt is running. For a more up-to-date list of bugs, errm, fleas, please visit the mutt project's bug tracking system under http://bugs.mutt.org/. NO WARRANTIES
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
curses(3), mailcap(5), maildir(5), mbox(5), mutt_dotlock(1), muttrc(5), ncurses(3), sendmail(1), smail(1). Mutt Home Page: http://www.mutt.org/ The Mutt manual AUTHOR
Michael Elkins, and others. Use <mutt-dev@mutt.org> to contact the developers. Unix January 2009 mutt(1)