Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users HTML and attachment using mutt command Post 302704225 by arukuku on Friday 21st of September 2012 09:09:42 AM
Old 09-21-2012
HTML and attachment using mutt command

Hi All,

I want to attach the file as well send html content in the mail body using mutt command or any other command.(uuencode is not present). Please help me. Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML and Attachment

Hi, Could anyone please tell me, how to send html file with attachment. My file size is nearly 7MB. When I send mail through sendmail, I can see see the html format output but not able to see the attachment. but when i send the mail using mailx then i can see the attachment but i can see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with html attachment and html body

Hi folks, I have a perl script which sends out email after successful completion of job as inline html, I want to send it out as two parts now as html inline and html attachment. see the attached script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending html email with html attachment

Hello, I have a script which is sending an html file as an attachment. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="user@company.com" export CONTENT="/usr/tmp/file.html" export SUBJECT="EmailSubject" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenathkg
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send attachment without using uuencode and mutt

Hi, In my Linux am unable to send attachment to mail . Since pkgs for mutt and uuencode is not possible to install any other options for sending attachment will be useful. Tried the below options but its not working. mail -s "testmail" -a <filename> abc@mail.com cat <filename>|mail -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach multiple index.html file using mutt

Hi I want to attach multiple index.html, index_v2 file using mutt command basically i want first index.html and then index_v2.html file as a body in email , these html files are test reports I am using following command , but it is over writing , any help appreceated ;) mutt -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment with email without using uuencode and mutt

Hi All, do we have any option for sending attachment with email except using uuencode and mutt, because if i use these utilities then i will have to install them separately which is not feasible at time. please suggest on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies
UUENCODE(5)							File Formats Manual						       UUENCODE(5)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by uuencode(1) consist of a header line, followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The uudecode(1) command will ignore any lines preceding the header or following the trailer. Lines preceding a header must not, of course, look like a header. The header line is distinguished by having the first 6 characters begin The word begin is followed by a mode (in octal), and a string which names the remote file. A space separates the three items in the header line. The body consists of a number of lines, each at most 62 characters long (including the trailing newline). These consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, and represents an inte- ger, the number of bytes the rest of the line represents. Such integers are always in the range from 0 to 63 and can be determined by sub- tracting the character space (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printing. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra garbage will be included to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of end on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
uuencode(1), uudecode(1), uusend(1), uucp(1), mail(1) HISTORY
The uuencode file format appeared in BSD 4.0 . UUENCODE(5)