Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Du -sk command in SunOS 5.10
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Du -sk command in SunOS 5.10 Post 302704091 by pamu on Friday 21st of September 2012 03:24:11 AM
Old 09-21-2012
try this also...

Code:
stat -c%s catalina.out

ls -lh catalina.out

du -h catalina.out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

2. Solaris

New to SunOS...

...and I'm having an issue with memory usage. I got an alert from our sun management console that the box is at 90% memory usage. I need to know what's eating up the memory as this particular box has 16GB of RAM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

3. Solaris

usleep command is not available in SunOS

Hi All, I need usleep command to use in one of my shell script. I am working on SunOS 5.9. Where usleep command is not available. Is there any way to use usleep command in SunOS. Thanks In Advance, chidhu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa.chidhambaram
5 Replies

4. Solaris

SunOS 5.6

Hi, I called Sun and they said they no longer sell SunOS 5.6. I desperately need a CD-ROM of the install CD to perform maintenance work on a server. Does anyone know where to get one or know someone who can make me a copy? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar Command in SunOS 5.6

Hi, I have to backup the contents of an old SunOS to tape. The tape drive is being recognized by the operating system. However, the man pages for tar are a little different from the ones I have seen using Red Hat/Centos. On Centos to backup the entire contents of the / partition I could just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS: How to exclude directory in find command?

Hi All, First my OS version is: ksh:0$ uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-48 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 I want to exclude the following DIR(./country111) in my search pattern: ksh:0$ find . -name "*.tar" ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-801.tar ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-802.tar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

7. Solaris

chmod command in SunOS

Hi Bros, I have a question want to receive your help. On SunOS server. I have 1 file in /etc. mode of file is "read only". I've used chmod 777 commmand to change mode of that file. firstly, it's ok. but about 3 mins after that. The mode of that file rollback to "read only". I don't know how.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hikaru022002
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to flush specific domain in SunOS 5 DNS

Hello to all, May you help saying me how to flush a specific domain in Linux SunOS5 I know the command rndc is to flush DNS cache, but I would like to know: 1- How to do a flush only on specific domain 2- How to see the content of DNS Resolver cache (similar to info given by IPCONFIG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS 5.5.1 usage of Makefile command in make file

I am new to Solaris and compilation using make files. I have a code base which is organized into different folders. At the root folder is a master make file and in the sub directories, there are make files for that particular folder. In the make files present in subdirectories, I am seeing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
wait.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     wait.h(3HEAD)

NAME
wait.h, wait - wait status SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/wait.h> DESCRIPTION
When a process waits for status from its children using either the wait(3C) or waitpid(3C) function, the status returned can be evaluated with the following macros, defined in <sys/wait.h>. These macros evaluate to integral expressions. The stat argument to these macros is the integer value returned from wait() or waitpid(). WCOREDUMP(stat) If the value of WIFSIGNALED (stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to a non-zero value if a core image of the terminated child was created. WEXITSTATUS(stat) If the value of WIFEXITED(stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to the exit code that the child process passed to _exit() (see exit(2)) or exit(3C), or the value that the child process returned from main. WIFCONTINUED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that has continued. WIFEXITED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that terminated normally. WIFSIGNALED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that terminated due to the receipt of a signal. WIFSTOPPED(stat) Evaluates to a non-zero value if status was returned for a child process that is currently stopped. WSTOPSIG(stat) If the value of WIFSTOPPED(stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to the number of the signal that caused the child process to stop. WTERMSIG(stat) If the value of WIFSIGNALED(stat) is non-zero, this macro evaluates to the number of the signal that caused the termination of the child process. The <sys/wait.h> header defines the symbolic constants listed below for use with waitpid(3C). WNOHANG Do not hang if no status is available; return immediately. WUNTRACED Report status of stopped child process. The symbolic constants listed below are defined as possible values for the options argument to waitid(2). WEXITED Wait for processes that have exited. WSTOPPED Status is returned for any child that has stopped upon receipt of a signal. WCONTINUED Status is returned for any child that was stopped and has been continued. WNOHANG Return immediately if there are no children to wait for. WNOWAIT Keep the process whose status is returned in infop in a waitable state. The type idtype_t is defined as an enumeration type whose possible values include the following: P_ALL P_PID P_PGID The id_t and pid_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. The siginfo_t type is defined as described in <signal.h>. The rusage structure is defined as described in <sys/resource.h>. Inclusion of the <sys/wait.h> header can also make visible all symbols from <signal.h> and <sys/resource.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exit(2), waitid(2), exit(3C), wait(3C), waitpid(3C),attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 wait.h(3HEAD)