Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Limit CPU and RAM utilization for new user in RedHat Post 302703947 by vaibhavvsk on Friday 21st of September 2012 03:12:02 AM
Old 09-21-2012
Hey thanks a lot bakunin,

It's good explained here.

---------- Post updated at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:56 AM ----------

Whether it's necessary to set both soft and hard values for each item ? I'm able to set maxlogins with hard limit only..but I'm not able to set memlock and nproc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Built in ram limit for 64 bit

Hey all, I have been thinking about getting a new computer, and the motherboard I am looking at is capable of holding up to 8 Gb of ram. Now it appears as though for 32 bit linux, in order to use more than 4 Gb of ram, you had to enable a certain option in the kernel, but if I remember... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alert When a Process Exceeds a CPU Utilization Limit...

Hi EveryOne We run CICS Sofware on our AIX Machine... When ever some Process or Transaction loops it Takes heavy process Usage.. Is there a way that i can Get a alert message or a Message Thrown on to screen when ever a process named "cicsas" uses more that 20%... fo CPU.. I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for cpu utilization for each user

Can someone suggest me the script to calculate cpu utilization for each user in solaris say for a period of 24 Hrs or last 12 Hrs I am using solaris 10. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajusa10
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 6.1 Power6 - Sys CPU utilization twice that of User

Hello, We just purchased two new 4-way (one active one failover) 5Ghz Power6 Servers (failover) with 64GB RAM (32GB per node) runing AIX 6.1 with two LPARs per node connected to our SAN with two 4GB HBAs. The PROD LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs (4 virtual) and the TEST LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RAM Utilization per process

Hello All, My Server RAM utilization is exceeding 90% and i would like to idnetify the per process RAM utilization.. We are using Solaris 10 10/9 OS release... Is there any way achieve this ??? Definitely not interested in any of the third party tool but some Solaris command... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Limit RAM Usages

Is there any kernel tune parameters available to limit RAM usages at certain level . EG . RAM: 4 GB Swap: 2 GB I Need if my RAM usages reached 3 GB Kernel will start swaping new pages . .. --Shirish Shukla (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need to check full utilization of my pc RAM - any commands ???

hi guys, I wanted to utilize my PC's full RAM memory to check its performance, for that how can i perform this full RAM utilization with the help of a process or a command in rhel 6. for example, in windows, while checking the harddisk for error (chkdsk - command ) could takes full RAM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cpu, memory - limit by user

Hi all ! I'm new in this site, so sorry if this question is into wrong place. How can I limit cpu/core and memory usage by user? System: RedHat Ent. Linux. 6.4 Tks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiago
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies
bcopy(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						 bcopy(9F)

NAME
bcopy - copy data between address locations in the kernel SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> void bcopy(const void *from, void *to, size_t bcount); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
from Source address from which the copy is made. to Destination address to which copy is made. bcount The number of bytes moved. DESCRIPTION
bcopy() copies bcount bytes from one kernel address to another. If the input and output addresses overlap, the command executes, but the results may not be as expected. Note that bcopy() should never be used to move data in or out of a user buffer, because it has no provision for handling page faults. The user address space can be swapped out at any time, and bcopy() always assumes that there will be no paging faults. If bcopy() attempts to access the user buffer when it is swapped out, the system will panic. It is safe to use bcopy() to move data within kernel space, since kernel space is never swapped out. CONTEXT
bcopy() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Copying data between address locations in the kernel: An I/O request is made for data stored in a RAM disk. If the I/O operation is a read request, the data is copied from the RAM disk to a buffer (line 8). If it is a write request, the data is copied from a buffer to the RAM disk (line 15). bcopy() is used since both the RAM disk and the buffer are part of the kernel address space. 1 #define RAMDNBLK 1000 /* blocks in the RAM disk */ 2 #define RAMDBSIZ 512 /* bytes per block */ 3 char ramdblks[RAMDNBLK][RAMDBSIZ]; /* blocks forming RAM /* disk ... 4 5 if (bp->b_flags & B_READ) /* if read request, copy data */ 6 /* from RAM disk data block */ 7 /* to system buffer */ 8 bcopy(&ramdblks[bp->b_blkno][0], bp->b_un.b_addr, 9 bp->b_bcount); 10 11 else /* else write request, */ 12 /* copy data from a */ 13 /* system buffer to RAM disk */ 14 /* data block */ 15 bcopy(bp->b_un.b_addr, &ramdblks[bp->b_blkno][0], 16 bp->b_bcount); SEE ALSO
copyin(9F), copyout(9F) Writing Device Drivers WARNINGS
The from and to addresses must be within the kernel space. No range checking is done. If an address outside of the kernel space is selected, the driver may corrupt the system in an unpredictable way. SunOS 5.10 4 August 2003 bcopy(9F)