Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix/Linux/BSD
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Unix/Linux/BSD Post 302703911 by OGPartition on Thursday 20th of September 2012 02:17:10 PM
Old 09-20-2012
Dont know much about booting from external HD or if your computer will even allow it. You probably want to try installing/booting from a USB drive to test the OS out. There are instructions on their site as to how to do so.
This User Gave Thanks to OGPartition For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux + bsd + solaris

I prepare to install linux distros , freebsd and solaris(totally 6 OS) in a 40G harddisk, but I fail to do it, so I would like to ask some question here. Can different distros share the same linux swap?or each distros need to have their own? I made 6 partitions(5 x 7G , 1 x 4G) and 256M(I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcheng
8 Replies

2. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware for UNIX/Free BSD

Hi! I'm planning to start to set up a Webserver. All software has to be freeware. I'm also planning to use Free BSD/UNIX for this project. Apache as Webserversystem and so on... Therefor I would like to have some info about what kind of hardware I need. I'm planning to buy a computer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kargooliw
9 Replies

4. BSD

Sys V or BSD derivated UNIX

I read it was possible to distinguish if UNIX system on the machine is derivated from Sys V or BSD. The instruction said: ps -ef ... is functional on Sys V ps ax ... is functional on BSD But since I don't have any UNIX machine (just Linux) I can't tell how I may use this knowledge in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
5 Replies

5. Programming

Linux BSD sockets blocking issue

I am using BSD TCP sockets under Debian Linux 2.6 and no matter what I do, the socket blocks on recv. I have set O_NONBLOCK and O_NDELAY using fcntl to no effect. Any ideas ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmb
3 Replies

6. Programming

C programming on Linux/BSD : which tools to use?

Hello there, i've lurked this forum for a while (in few month i will have been registered for two years) but this is my firts post. Well, after having looked to C language as a black monster, i finally have decided to learn it, and to learn it very well! So, i'm quite new to C, although i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freddie
1 Replies
isohybrid(1)						      General Commands Manual						      isohybrid(1)

NAME
isohybrid -- Post-process an ISO 9660 image generated with mkisofs or genisoimage to allow hybrid booting as a CD-ROM or as a hard disk. SYNOPSIS
isohybrid [OPTIONS] <boot.iso> DESCRIPTION
The isohybrid utility modifies a an ISO 9660 image generated with mkisofs, genisoimage, or compatible utilities, to be bootable as a CD-ROM or as a hard disk. OPTIONS
-h <X> Number of default geometry heads -s <X> Number of default geometry sectors -e <X>, --entry <X> Specify parititon entry number (1-4) -o <X>, --offset <X> Specify partition offset (default 0) -t <X>, --type <X> Specify MBR ID (default random) -u, --uefi Build EFI bootable image -m, --mac Add Apple File Protocol partition table support --forcehd0 Assume we are laoded as disk ID 0 --ctrlhd0 Assume disk ID 0 if the Ctrl key is pressed --partok Allow booting from within a partition -?, --help Display help -v, --verbose Display verbose output -V, --version Display version information SEE ALSO
mkisofs(1) isohybrid 17 Jan 2014 isohybrid(1)