Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I search and change an specific string in a file Post 302703775 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 20th of September 2012 11:10:49 AM
Old 09-20-2012
try..

Code:

awk '{if($0~/^t/&&$4=="3"&&$5=="4"&&$NF=="-1024"){$NF="-1022";{print $0}}else{print $0}}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a specific string

Hi, I have following requirement. Pls suggest. To search a string in a file which is combination of character and number(always 9 digit, but numeric). if found then caputure the exit return code as 0 else 1 , if 0 then next job can be triggerd. If exit code is 1, should return a failure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to search specific string in a log

Hi, I have a log file containing below data 12/3/14 12:43:59 AM WIT |Performance threshold: elapsed time = 3152... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csm231
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to change values after a specific string

Hello I have a script that searches a file for a specific string and then changes the nth column after that string. I have searched online for how to do this with sed but have not seemed to find a solution that works for me. I am using bash. Some background info: - Currently I am using awk to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change some string in specific column with space

Hello All of Master Script , i need help to solve my problem before : mount /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE1 ufs mount /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE2 ufs expected : mount /dev/dsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /PURGE1 ufs mount ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k0p0nkkk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a file and change another in the line

I did it myself (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change specific string to new value if found in text file

I am trying to use awk to change a specific string in a field, if it is found, to another value. In the tab-delimited file the text in bold in $3 contains the string 23, which is always right before a ., if it is present. I am trying to change that string to X, keeping the formatting and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)