Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Limit CPU and RAM utilization for new user in RedHat Post 302703559 by vaibhavvsk on Thursday 20th of September 2012 02:16:18 AM
Old 09-20-2012
Question Limit CPU and RAM utilization for new user in RedHat

We have a system with 4 Xeon Processors each with 10 cores, total 512 GB RAM and 10 TB Hard Drive.

we want to create multiple user accounts with different resource limitations as :

User 1: RAM : 50GB, PROCESSOR: 10 Cores , User folder in home directory of 10GB space.

User 2: RAM : 100GB, PROCESSOR: 30 Cores , User folder in home directory of 100GB space.

Could you please suggest me how to set this kind of limitations for each user.

Thanks in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Built in ram limit for 64 bit

Hey all, I have been thinking about getting a new computer, and the motherboard I am looking at is capable of holding up to 8 Gb of ram. Now it appears as though for 32 bit linux, in order to use more than 4 Gb of ram, you had to enable a certain option in the kernel, but if I remember... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alert When a Process Exceeds a CPU Utilization Limit...

Hi EveryOne We run CICS Sofware on our AIX Machine... When ever some Process or Transaction loops it Takes heavy process Usage.. Is there a way that i can Get a alert message or a Message Thrown on to screen when ever a process named "cicsas" uses more that 20%... fo CPU.. I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for cpu utilization for each user

Can someone suggest me the script to calculate cpu utilization for each user in solaris say for a period of 24 Hrs or last 12 Hrs I am using solaris 10. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajusa10
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 6.1 Power6 - Sys CPU utilization twice that of User

Hello, We just purchased two new 4-way (one active one failover) 5Ghz Power6 Servers (failover) with 64GB RAM (32GB per node) runing AIX 6.1 with two LPARs per node connected to our SAN with two 4GB HBAs. The PROD LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs (4 virtual) and the TEST LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RAM Utilization per process

Hello All, My Server RAM utilization is exceeding 90% and i would like to idnetify the per process RAM utilization.. We are using Solaris 10 10/9 OS release... Is there any way achieve this ??? Definitely not interested in any of the third party tool but some Solaris command... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Limit RAM Usages

Is there any kernel tune parameters available to limit RAM usages at certain level . EG . RAM: 4 GB Swap: 2 GB I Need if my RAM usages reached 3 GB Kernel will start swaping new pages . .. --Shirish Shukla (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need to check full utilization of my pc RAM - any commands ???

hi guys, I wanted to utilize my PC's full RAM memory to check its performance, for that how can i perform this full RAM utilization with the help of a process or a command in rhel 6. for example, in windows, while checking the harddisk for error (chkdsk - command ) could takes full RAM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cpu, memory - limit by user

Hi all ! I'm new in this site, so sorry if this question is into wrong place. How can I limit cpu/core and memory usage by user? System: RedHat Ent. Linux. 6.4 Tks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiago
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies
CORE(5) 						      BSD File Formats Manual							   CORE(5)

NAME
core -- memory image file format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> DESCRIPTION
A small number of signals which cause abnormal termination of a process also cause a record of the process's in-core state to be written to disk for later examination by one of the available debuggers. (See sigaction(2).) This memory image is written to a file named by default core.pid, where pid is the process ID of the process, in the /cores directory, provided the terminated process had write permission in the directory, and the directory existed. The maximum size of a core file is limited by setrlimit(2). Files which would be larger than the limit are not created. The core file consists of the Mach-O(5) header as described in the <mach-o/loader.h> file. The remainder of the core file consists of vari- ous sections described in the Mach-O(5) header. NOTE
Core dumps are disabled by default under Darwin/Mac OS X. To re-enable core dumps, a privileged user must do one of the following * Edit /etc/launchd.conf or $HOME/.launchd.conf and add a line specifying the limit limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable cores with launchctl limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable core files by using ulimit(1) or limit(1) depending upon the shell. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), setrlimit(2), sigaction(2), Mach-O(5), launchd.conf(5), launchd.plist(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
A core file format appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 26, 2008 BSD