Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems [SOLVED] matrixmadhan - login problem Post 302703527 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 20th of September 2012 12:59:29 AM
Old 09-20-2012
Thanks Corona.

My mem bit stuck and I was able to remember the password and login.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

matrixmadhan,please come on in

Hi, I ' m a graduate , and now I have to choose a graduation design, I really want to choose one about UNIX , so what I want is to get some advice from you, could you suggest me what I can do ? what I major is computer science and just know a little about UNIX,but I am so interested in it,and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blf0
2 Replies

2. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

3. AIX

Problem Solved

Generally, most people, I guess, go from 5.3 ML4 Directly to TL 7. So they may never run into this issue. For the rest of us, here is the resolution of my problem in going from ML6 to TL7. Apparently with the change from ML to TL IBM added a "BuildDate Verification" routine into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

4. Solaris

[Solved] Solaris 10 - Ftp Login incorrect

Hey everyone, I am trying to get a 2GB patch cluster FTP'd to a solaris 10 server. I have tried logging in via ftp, and both with root as well as my personal account, I get "Login Incorrect." I have verified that I can log in using telnet. -bash-3.00$ netstat -a |grep ftp *.ftp ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
10 Replies

5. Solaris

[Solved] How to change my default login mode????

Hi guys, I have just installed Solaris 10 x86. My system boots into graphical login by default, I want to have text login only, where can I change that. I tried to use the linux and bsd concept of editing /etc/inittab, and change the default value to 3, but that doesn't work in Solaris. Please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] root cannot login

Dear all, cannot login to a HP unix server using root as well as other logins. Even root also cannot enter. It seems that they have changed some permissions in / Any way of recovering the system or getting logged in . Thanks in advance Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

7. SuSE

[Solved] Last Login Log

Hello again I am using SLES Enterprise 9, and 10 and I was hoping I could implement a user login logs like how medusa does for HP-UX. Is there an equivalent tool for Linux? I am heavily depended on /var/log/lastlog and last commands but surely there must be something more out there. Or if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login profile[solved]

i vi .profile Set DATE `date +%m%d%Y%H%M`, but after logout/login, echo $DATE, it shows: Fri Mar 23 15:01:53 EDT 2012, i want to show: 032320121501 please ignore. vi /etc/profile, and export DATE=`date +%m%d%Y%H%M`, worked fine now. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
0 Replies

9. Solaris

[solved] Ssh passwordless login not working

This is Solaris 10 and sorce+destination are non root user. Somehow it is broke and I am not able to fix it. Already checked permissions on both servers and authorized_keys entry of destination is same as id_rsa.pub of source server. I can not regenerate keys on source server because I do not know,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc, .netrc -- user configuration for ftp DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)