Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nagios Error
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Nagios Error Post 302701557 by Corona688 on Sunday 16th of September 2012 04:20:45 PM
Old 09-16-2012
I suspect it means what it says, and you'll need to boot a rescue disk of some sort to fsck the filesystem.

Either that, or you're using a kind of filesystem grub doesn't understand.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Error While retriving Host details from Nagios

Whoops! Error: Could not read object configuration data! Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error: 1. Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to check for errors. 2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manian_balu
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

MRTG vs Nagios

hye all.. I like to know if anyone here can justify and make wise recommendation to me, whether to choose MRTG or NAGIOS as network Monitoring Performance. If can, is there any website that provide comparison for both of them? Ur help are highly appreciated.. Regards, ~unknown (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios - NRPE configuration error

HI guyz, I have a nagios 3.0.6 server which is running on fedora 5. I had already added some windows clients and monitoring it. Now i want to add a unix client. Steps done till now : - 1.nagios-plugins-1.4.13 was installed and configured. 2.unzipped and untarred the NRPE 2.8 3.I gave a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

configure nrpe and nagios error

(1)check the service of nrpe   # libexec/check_nrpe -H 59.26.240.63   NRPE v2.8.1    (2)check the resource of nrpe's host   # libexec/check_nrpe -H 59.26.240.63 -c check_df   DISK OK - free space: / 8241 MB (77% inode=98%); /var 5239 MB (95% inode=99%); /usr 11971 MB (86%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhengsenlin
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

NRPE check_disk error [nagios,solaris]

Good morning folks, I'm having a problem with check_disk with mounted 3TB volumes. It appears that the value being returned by stavfs is too large to be processed by the check_disk plugin. Does anyone know of an updated check_disk plugin? Solaris 10: # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avronius
0 Replies

6. Linux

Nagios Installation in CentOS is having "Error #2 "

Hello All, I was trying to install Nagios on CentOS 6.2 by following the below link and having few errors at the "Install Nagios" section in the website, could you please let me know how to get rid of it and successfully install. Install Nagios in CentOS CENTREON 6 | Linux Tutorial I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
12 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios Availability report for all hosts giving internal error

Hi, I'n new to Nagios, however have installed Nagios Core and monitoring about 19000 switches. They are all grouped into 6 host groups. when i try to pull out a report of a particular hostgroup i get the report but when i try for all hostgroups, i get an error that says: Internal Server Error. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nida
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memcache in Nagios

Hello, I want to setup Nagios with service Memcache...We have Amazon Cloud..Please help me to setup this service on my Nagios Client. How to check Memcache is working or not on my server?? 1. Please provide us the command defination to set on Nagios Server for .cfg file. 2.Please provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetan
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

(Nagios)printer error on verify...WHY??

Issue: upon running - $ sudo /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg I'm receiving: Error: Could not find any hostgroup matching 'network-printers' (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/printers/NC_FrontOffice.cfg', starting on line 10) Error: Failed to process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
2 Replies
nagios(8)                                                             Nagios                                                             nagios(8)

NAME
Nagios - network/systems status monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
nagios [-h] [-v] [-s] [-d] <main_config_file> DESCRIPTION
nagios is a daemon program that monitors the status of various network accessible systems, devices, and more. For more information, please consult the online documentation available at http://www.nagios.org, or on your nagios server's web page. OPTIONS
main_config_file The main configuration file. On openSUSE systems this defaults to /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg -h A helpful usage message -v Reads all data in the configuration files and performs a basic verification/sanity check. Always make sure you verify your config data before (re)starting Nagios. You can also use the Nagios init script to verify your configuration - try: rcnagios check_verbose -s Shows projected/recommended check scheduling information based on the current data in the configuration files. -d Starts Nagios in daemon mode (instead of as a foreground process). FILES
/etc/nagios Default configuration directory for nagios AUTHOR
Nagios is written and maintained by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others) and adapted by Lars Vogdt for openSUSE. sean finney, Lars Vogdt February 2006, May 2010 nagios(8)