Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ application development
Top Forums Programming C++ application development Post 302701505 by amisubha on Sunday 16th of September 2012 10:41:56 AM
Old 09-16-2012
I am asking for an application to develop. Definitly it will be a project which will be a large enough. So for that I think CDT of eclipse can be used. But your explanation is expect able as IDE should be same for all the user and it creates problem on versions as well. But for an own application and maintaining it IDE should be better or not?

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between development and Production unix servers for a application??

Hi all I am running a major script of my application in development for implementing code changes for process improvement in time. The script runs in production once in a month . It takes 8 hours 30 mins in Production server . what surprice me is , when I run the same script in development server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
9 Replies
ns_thread(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				     ns_thread(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_thread - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_thread begin script ns_thread begindetached script ns_thread get ns_thread getid ns_thread wait tid ns_thread yield _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_thread begin: begins a new thread which evaluates the specified script and then exits. It returns a thread ID that must eventually be passed to ns_thread wait. (Failing to call ns_thread wait will eventually result in no new threads being created.) ns_thread begindetached: begins a detached thread that doesn't have to be (and can't be) waited for. ns_thread get: gets the thread ID of the current thread. The result is a thread ID that can be passed to ns_thread wait and may look something like "tid532". ns_thread getid: gets the thread integer number for the current thread. The result is a small integer used for identifying threads is a human-read- able way, such as "1" or "1120", for example. ns_thread wait: waits for the specified thread to exit. The tid argument is a thread ID returned by ns_thread begin or ns_thread get. ns_thread yield: causes the current thread to yield. EXAMPLES
This example is similar to the example under the ns_sockselect function of connecting to the 10 servers and waiting to service them with the ns_sockselect command. In this case, though, each connection gets it's own thread. # This is the procedure which is evaluated for each thread and # handles a single connection to host number $i proc getpage {i} { global pages # new thread will start here - first connect to host set host [format "www%2d.foo.com" $i] set fds [ns_sockopen $host 80 set r [lindex $fds 0] set w [lindex $fds 1] # next, send request 0r" puts $w "GET /index.htm HTTP/1.0 flush $w # then read page set pages($i) [read $r] # and close sockets close $w close $r # thread goes away here and other threads waiting # on ns_thread wait will wakeup } # Here's the loop which creates the threads which run getpage. for {set i 1} {$i < 9} {incr i} { set tids($i) [ns_thread begin "getpage $i"] } # wait for the threads to exit and then process the pages for {set i 1} {$i < 9} {incr i} { ns_thread wait $tids($i) # output page ... process the page in $pages($i) put there by other thread ... } Note that the code here is much simpler to follow than the ns_sockselect example; that's the benefit of multithreaded programming. However, it uses more resources as threads need to be created and initialized. This can be a problem if you plan to create many threads. SEE ALSO
KEYWORDS
threads AOLserver 4.0 ns_thread(3aolserver)