Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to Check Memory if Single/Dual/Quad Rank Post 302700953 by Mujakol on Friday 14th of September 2012 12:50:35 PM
Old 09-14-2012
How to Check Memory if Single/Dual/Quad Rank

What command in redhat linux to know your memory if
it is single, dual or quad rank.

Anyone?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check how much memory being used?

is there other way to check how much physical memory being used without using top command?....this is on Sun Solrais 2.7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. Linux

mamimum memory single process

How can i Globally set the maximum core memory a single process can take. IE, i want to set that no single process may get more than 11GB. I am running red hat enterprise unix 4. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can i know this processor quad or dual core ?

hi every body i want to know if i have server with hp-ux os if i did "machinfo" i will see no of cpu = for example 16 how can i know this is dual or quad core . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check Utilization of single filesystem

Hi all I am facing high utilization of my root partition. below is the output of df -h bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 9.9G 9.4G 406M 96% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: waqasahsan
13 Replies

6. AIX

How to check if my AIX server has Dual HBA's?

Thanks I need to know if my server has dual HBA and if multipath has been configured. For Multipath I ran lspath and it shows all drives and if MPIO is configured for that drive. Thanks for any input. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to check the SAN dual path.

Hello, I would like to create a shell script which would check whether the hosts have SAN dual path or not. If yes, then I should get a success message, else should get a list of hosts on which SAN dual path is not working. Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

8. Web Development

Fix For Google Page Rank: Wordpress List Rank Dashboard Widget

Here is the fix for the recent Google changes to their pagerank API. For example, in the List Rank Dashboard Widget Wordpress Plugin (Version 1.7), in this plugin file: list-rank-dashboard-widget/wp-list-rank-class.php in this function: function getGooglePR($url) Change this line: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Linux

how to install dual linux os in single harddisk

hi, please guide me how to install dual linux os in single harddisk Thanks&Regards, R.PRAVEEN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveenvikram24
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Single Process Memory Allocation HP-UX 11i v3

Hi, I have HP-UX 11i v3 running on ia64. One of my application is 32-bit and I want to increase the memory allocation of this file upto 2GB. I am contentiously receiving an error message of Out of Memory. Can you please explain the procedure what kernel configuration( like maxdsize or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmadamin416
1 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)