Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset Post 302700577 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 13th of September 2012 04:49:46 PM
Old 09-13-2012
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Pool Mix-up

Hi all I plan to install Solaris 10U6 on some SPARC server using ZFS as root pool, whereas I would like to keep the current setup done by VxVM: - 2 internal disks: c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 - bootable root-volume (mirrored, both disks) - 1 non-mirrored swap slice - 1 non-mirrored slices for Live... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blicki
1 Replies

2. Solaris

unable to import zfs pool

# zpool import pool: emcpool1 id: 5596268873059055768 state: UNAVAIL status: One or more devices are missing from the system. action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing devices and try again. see: Sun Message ID: ZFS-8000-3C config: emcpool1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

zfs - migrate from pool to pool

Here are the details. cnjr-opennms>root$ zfs list NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT openpool 20.6G 46.3G 35.5K /openpool openpool/ROOT 15.4G 46.3G 18K legacy openpool/ROOT/rds 15.4G 46.3G 15.3G / openpool/ROOT/rds/var 102M ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs pool migration

I need to migrate an existing raidz pool to a new raidz pool with larger disks. I need the mount points and attributes to migrate as well. What is the best procedure to accomplish this. The current pool is 6x36GB disks 202GB capacity and I am migrating to 5x 72GB disks 340GB capacity. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jac
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Best way to rename a ZFS Pool?

Other than export/import, is there a cleaner way to rename a pool without unmounting de FS? Something like, say "zpool rename a b"? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

flarecreate for zfs root dataset and ignore multiple dataset

Hi All, I want to write a script to create flar images on multiple servers. In non zfs filesystem I am using -X option to refer a file to exclude mounts on different servers. but on ZFS -X option is not working. I want multiple mounts to be ignore on ZFS base system during flarecreate. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS - overfilled pool

installed Solaris 11 Express on my server machine a while ago. I created a Z2 RAID over five HDDs and created a few ZFS filesystems on it. Once I (unintentionally) managed to fill the pool completely with data and (to my surprise) the filesystems stopped working - I could not read/delete any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS - Dataset / pool name are the same...cannot destroy

I messed up my pool by doing zfs send...recive So I got the following : zpool list NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT rpool 928G 17.3G 911G 1% 1.00x ONLINE - tank1 928G 35.8G 892G 3% 1.00x ONLINE - So I have "tank1" pool. zfs get all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladgrs
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool with 3 2-way mirrors in a pool

I have a single zpool with 3 2-way mirrors ( 3 x 2 way vdevs) it has a degraded disk in mirror-2, I know I can suffer a single drive failure, but looking at this how many drive failures can this suffer before it is no good? On the face of it, I thought that I could lose a further 2 drives in each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishface
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to clear a removed single-disk pool from being listed by zpool import?

On an OmniOS server, I removed a single-disk pool I was using for testing. Now, when I run zpool import it will show it as FAULTED, since that single disk not available anymore. # zpool import pool: fido id: 7452075738474086658 state: FAULTED status: The pool was last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
ZDB(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    ZDB(8)

NAME
zdb -- Display zpool debugging and consistency information SYNOPSIS
zdb [-CumdibcsDvhLMXFPA] [-e [-p path...]] [-t txg] [-U cache] [-I inflight I/Os] [-x dumpdir] poolname [object ...] zdb [-divPA] [-e [-p path...]] [-U cache] dataset [object ...] zdb -m [-MLXFPA] [-t txg] [-e [-p path...]] [-U cache] poolname zdb -R [-A] [-e [-p path...]] [-U cache] poolname poolname vdev:offset:size[:flags] zdb -S [-AP] [-e [-p path...]] [-U cache] poolname poolname zdb -l [-uA] device zdb -C [-A] [-U cache] DESCRIPTION
The zdb utility displays information about a ZFS pool useful for debugging and performs some amount of consistency checking. It is a not a general purpose tool and options (and facilities) may change. This is neither a fsck(8) nor a fsdb(8) utility. The output of this command in general reflects the on-disk structure of a ZFS pool, and is inherently unstable. The precise output of most invocations is not documented, a knowledge of ZFS internals is assumed. When operating on an imported and active pool it is possible, though unlikely, that zdb may interpret inconsistent pool data and behave erratically. OPTIONS
Display options: -b Display statistics regarding the number, size (logical, physical and allocated) and deduplication of blocks. -c Verify the checksum of all metadata blocks while printing block statistics (see -b). If specified multiple times, verify the checksums of all blocks. -C Display information about the configuration. If specified with no other options, instead display information about the cache file (/etc/zfs/zpool.cache). To specify the cache file to display, see -U If specified multiple times, and a pool name is also specified display both the cached configuration and the on-disk configuration. If specified multiple times with -e also display the configuration that would be used were the pool to be imported. -d Display information about datasets. Specified once, displays basic dataset information: ID, create transaction, size, and object count. If specified multiple times provides greater and greater verbosity. If object IDs are specified, display information about those specific objects only. -D Display deduplication statistics, including the deduplication ratio (dedup), compression ratio (compress), inflation due to the zfs copies property (copies), and an overall effective ratio (dedup * compress / copies). If specified twice, display a histogram of deduplication statistics, showing the allocated (physically present on disk) and refer- enced (logically referenced in the pool) block counts and sizes by reference count. If specified a third time, display the statistics independently for each deduplication table. If specified a fourth time, dump the contents of the deduplication tables describing duplicate blocks. If specified a fifth time, also dump the contents of the deduplication tables describing unique blocks. -h Display pool history similar to zpool history, but include internal changes, transaction, and dataset information. -i Display information about intent log (ZIL) entries relating to each dataset. If specified multiple times, display counts of each intent log transaction type. -l device Display the vdev labels from the specified device. If the -u option is also specified, also display the uberblocks on this device. -L Disable leak tracing and the loading of space maps. By default, zdb verifies that all non-free blocks are referenced, which can be very expensive. -m Display the offset, spacemap, and free space of each metaslab. When specified twice, also display information about the on-disk free space histogram associated with each metaslab. When specified three time, display the maximum contiguous free space, the in-core free space histogram, and the percentage of free space in each space map. When specified four times display every spacemap record. -M Display the offset, spacemap, and free space of each metaslab. When specified twice, also display information about the maximum con- tiguous free space and the percentage of free space in each space map. When specified three times display every spacemap record. -R poolname vdev:offset:size[:flags] Read and display a block from the specified device. By default the block is displayed as a hex dump, but see the description of the -r flag, below. The block is specified in terms of a colon-separated tuple vdev (an integer vdev identifier) offset (the offset within the vdev) size (the size of the block to read) and, optionally, flags (a set of flags, described below). b offset Print block pointer d Decompress the block e Byte swap the block g Dump gang block header i Dump indirect block r Dump raw uninterpreted block data -s Report statistics on zdb's I/O. Display operation counts, bandwidth, and error counts of I/O to the pool from zdb. -S Simulate the effects of deduplication, constructing a DDT and then display that DDT as with -DD. -u Display the current uberblock. Other options: -A Do not abort should any assertion fail. -AA Enable panic recovery, certain errors which would otherwise be fatal are demoted to warnings. -AAA Do not abort if asserts fail and also enable panic recovery. -e [-p path...] Operate on an exported pool, not present in /etc/zfs/zpool.cache. The -p flag specifies the path under which devices are to be searched. -x dumpdir All blocks accessed will be copied to files in the specified directory. The blocks will be placed in sparse files whose name is the same as that of the file or device read. zdb can be then run on the generated files. Note that the -bbc flags are sufficient to access (and thus copy) all metadata on the pool. -F Attempt to make an unreadable pool readable by trying progressively older transactions. -I inflight I/Os Limit the number of outstanding checksum I/Os to the specified value. The default value is 200. This option affects the performance of the -c option. -P Print numbers in an unscaled form more amenable to parsing, eg. 1000000 rather than 1M. -t transaction Specify the highest transaction to use when searching for uberblocks. See also the -u and -l options for a means to see the avail- able uberblocks and their associated transaction numbers. -U cachefile Use a cache file other than /boot/zfs/zpool.cache. -v Enable verbosity. Specify multiple times for increased verbosity. -X Attempt 'extreme' transaction rewind, that is attempt the same recovery as -F but read transactions otherwise deemed too old. Specifying a display option more than once enables verbosity for only that option, with more occurrences enabling more verbosity. If no options are specified, all information about the named pool will be displayed at default verbosity. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Display the configuration of imported pool 'rpool' # zdb -C rpool MOS Configuration: version: 28 name: 'rpool' ... Example 2 Display basic dataset information about 'rpool' # zdb -d rpool Dataset mos [META], ID 0, cr_txg 4, 26.9M, 1051 objects Dataset rpool/swap [ZVOL], ID 59, cr_txg 356, 486M, 2 objects ... Example 3 Display basic information about object 0 in 'rpool/export/home' # zdb -d rpool/export/home 0 Dataset rpool/export/home [ZPL], ID 137, cr_txg 1546, 32K, 8 objects Object lvl iblk dblk dsize lsize %full type 0 7 16K 16K 15.0K 16K 25.00 DMU dnode Example 4 Display the predicted effect of enabling deduplication on 'rpool' # zdb -S rpool Simulated DDT histogram: bucket allocated referenced ______ ______________________________ ______________________________ refcnt blocks LSIZE PSIZE DSIZE blocks LSIZE PSIZE DSIZE ------ ------ ----- ----- ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- 1 694K 27.1G 15.0G 15.0G 694K 27.1G 15.0G 15.0G 2 35.0K 1.33G 699M 699M 74.7K 2.79G 1.45G 1.45G ... dedup = 1.11, compress = 1.80, copies = 1.00, dedup * compress / copies = 2.00 SEE ALSO
zfs(8), zpool(8) AUTHORS
This manual page is a mdoc(7) reimplementation of the illumos manual page zdb(1M), modified and customized for FreeBSD and licensed under the Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL). The mdoc(7) implementation of this manual page was initially written by Martin Matuska <mm@FreeBSD.org> and Marcelo Araujo <araujo@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
July 26, 2014 BSD