Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware /root/pkgsrc-bootstrap/pkgsrc2008Q3.tar.bz2 no such file Post 302700567 by Corona688 on Thursday 13th of September 2012 04:26:31 PM
Old 09-13-2012
You may be able to download the file manually and just put it in the correct place for it.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extracting from tar.bz2

hi could any body tell me how to extract .tar.bz2 files i tried using tar but in vain. i found bzip2 in googling but i could not find it on machine unix tru64 please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two tar.bz2

Hello, I am using a bash script to archive directories of text files located in ${root}: tar cf ${root}.tar ${root}* bzip2 ${root}.tar I'd like to compare the newly produced archive two.tar.bz2 with the second latest one.tar.bz2. cmp one.tar.bz2 two.tar.bz2 returns one.tar.bz2 two.tar.bz2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unpack and install .tar.bz2 library ?

Hi, I am trying to unpack and install .tar.bz2 library. I was told to cd / and than tar -jxvf /source-of-library-file?...tar.bz2 to get files unpacked and installed into / Darius $ pwd / $ $ tar -jxvf /tmp/local/root/ncurses-dev-addon.tar.bz2 ncurses-dev-addon/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one tar.bz2 file to another tar.bz2

Hi experts, I have two tar.bz2 file,: a.tar.bz2 and b.tar.bz2 I want to put a.tar.bz2 in to b.tar.bz2 eg: b.tar.bz2 only have one file named "b.c" contained I want it contain "b.c and a.tar.bz2" I don't want to decompress the b.tar.bz2 to achieve this, I try with "cat a.tar.bz2 >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Download firefox-19.0.2.tar.bz2

Does anyone know a reliable source to download firefox-19.0.2.tar.bz2 from? I would think you be able to download from firefox or mozilla somewhere. I haven't gotten anything useful from my google searches. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Error messages while extracting tar.bz2 in Ubuntu

while extracting a tar.bz2 file using the command tar xjf git.tar.bz2 I received error messages that shows Cannot hard link to and Cannot create symlink to error messages what will be the reason for those error messages. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravana krishn
4 Replies

7. Programming

Aria2c to download and extract. tar.bz2

I am using aria2c to download a .tar.bz2 and trying to extract it in the same command. I can download the file but not extract it. I can also manually extract the tar.bz2., but not in the same command. Thank you :). aria2c -x8 -l log.txt -c -d /xx/xx/xxx --use-head=true --http-user "<user>" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash not removing all .tar.bz2 files after extracting

In the bash below each .tar.bz2 (usually 2) are extracted and then the original .tar.bz2 is removed. However, only one (presumably the first extracted) is being removed, however both are extracted. I am not sure why this is? Thank you :). tar.bz2 folders in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Speed up extraction od tar.bz2 files using bash

The below bash will untar each tar.bz2 folder in the directory, then remove the tar.bz2. Each of the tar.bz2 folders ranges from 40-75GB and currently takes ~2 hours to extract. Is there a way to speed up the extraction process? I am using a xeon processor with 12 cores. Thank you :). ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
slack.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						     slack.conf(5)

NAME
slack.conf - configuration file for slack DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/slack.conf contains configuration information for slack(8) and its backends. It should contain one keyword-value pair per line, separated by an '=' sign. Keywords must consist solely of capital letters and underscores. Values may take any appropriate format, but must not begin with a space. Comments start with '#', and all text from the '#' to the end of a line is ignored. Trailing whitespace on lines is ignored. Empty lines or lines consisting of only whitespace and comments are ignored. Valid keywords are: SOURCE The master source for slack roles. It can be in one of four forms: o /path/to/dir Use a local directory. o somehost:/path/to/dir Use given directory on a remote host via rsync over SSH. o rsync://somehost/module Use module on a remote rsyncd server (directly over the network). o somehost::module Use the rsync daemon protocol over SSH to the given host. See "USING RSYNC-DAEMON FEATURES VIA A REMOTE-SHELL CONNECTION" in rsync(1) All forms of SOURCE are passed directly to rsync, so you can do things like add "user@" before the host on any remote forms. For more about what rsync can do, see its manual page, of course. For the last form, however, we do a little magic. rsync treats the last two forms equivalently, so we overload the last form by automatically passing "-e ssh" to rsync when we see it. This hack lets us tell slack to use this nice feature of rsync just using the SOURCE config option. ROOT The root filesystem into which to install slack roles. Usually '/'. ROLE_LIST The location of the role list, which lists the roles to be installed by default on each host. This can be a path relative to the source, or can be an entirely separate location if it starts with a slash or a hostname (option- ally preceeded by user@). CACHE A local cache directory, used as a local mirror of the SOURCE. STAGE A local staging directory, used as an intermediate stage when installing files. BACKUP_DIR A directory in which to keep dated backups for rollbacks. EXAMPLE
A typical file might look like this: # slack.conf configuration file SOURCE=slack-master:/slack # source is on a remote # host named "slack-master" ROLE_LIST=slack-master:/roles.conf ROOT=/ CACHE=/var/cache/slack STAGE=/var/lib/slack/stage BACKUP_DIR=/var/lib/slack/backups FILES
/etc/slack.conf SEE ALSO
slack(8), rsync(1) File formats 2005-05-23 slack.conf(5)