Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Talk Not Working over LAN or on one computer Post 302697861 by Benji Wiebe on Friday 7th of September 2012 01:45:48 PM
Old 09-07-2012
What is the equivalent?

BTW, I was using ntalk.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Talk not working

Hi, I am trying talk but it isn't working. I tried talk ip terminal talk ip:terminal First it says: Then after 2 seconds I have checked the mesg status: Its y I am not getting any invitation on the other machine. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

google talk notification on Nagios is not working

Hi i have installed Nagios 3.0.6 on Centos 5.2 also to configure it i have installed Centreon, my problem is the following , i have created a user for Nagios on google talk and using an script from the web trying to send notification for host status and services. i have tested the script using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokker67
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.10 LAN connection stopped working...

Well this is weird. I restarted my dual boot Win7/Ubuntu 10.10 from ubuntu to windows. Everything was working fine and windows is always connecting properly to my lan. After restarting back into Ubuntu, all of a sudden I can't connect to my network. It looks as if its trying to connect through... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
15 Replies

7. Hardware

Atheros AR8151 LAN not working

Hi Everyone, First time here on Unix.com forums. I've been trying to install Nexenta on a new server machine that I built. The MotherBoard is a Gigabit GA-G41MT-S2P and the LAN chip is an AR8151. I understand that the AR8151 isn't natively supported by the Solaris kernel, but I'm wondering if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbstryker
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KVM: can't access VM from another computer in same LAN.

DELETE (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrison71
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

The C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer

Retro Games has announced that the C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer fan, available December 2019. See also: CNN: Iconic 80s computer The Commodore 64 to return with fully-functional keyboard YouTube: The C64 | Trailer ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
__SKB_RECV_DATAGRAM(9)						 Linux Networking					    __SKB_RECV_DATAGRAM(9)

NAME
__skb_recv_datagram - Receive a datagram skbuff SYNOPSIS
struct sk_buff * __skb_recv_datagram(struct sock * sk, unsigned flags, int * peeked, int * err); ARGUMENTS
sk socket flags MSG_ flags peeked returns non-zero if this packet has been seen before err error code returned DESCRIPTION
Get a datagram skbuff, understands the peeking, nonblocking wakeups and possible races. This replaces identical code in packet, raw and udp, as well as the IPX AX.25 and Appletalk. It also finally fixes the long standing peek and read race for datagram sockets. If you alter this routine remember it must be re-entrant. This function will lock the socket if a skb is returned, so the caller needs to unlock the socket in that case (usually by calling skb_free_datagram) * It does not lock socket since today. This function is * free of race conditions. This measure should/can improve * significantly datagram socket latencies at high loads, * when data copying to user space takes lots of time. * (BTW I've just killed the last cli in IP/IPv6/core/netlink/packet * 8) Great win.) * --ANK (980729) The order of the tests when we find no data waiting are specified quite explicitly by POSIX 1003.1g, don't change them without having the standard around please. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 __SKB_RECV_DATAGRAM(9)