Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I/O bound computing clusters
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing I/O bound computing clusters Post 302692459 by figaro on Monday 27th of August 2012 04:39:13 PM
Old 08-27-2012
Thank you again for your response.
Our backbone is 1GB as far as I know, but would have to check. The bigger issue is with nodes on the WAN, we should be lucky to sustain 1MB on those lines. That means we should consider compression/decompression for the results.
I will have our administrator look into setting up NFSes on the available nodes.
Our application stack is fairly standard: FreeBSD 8.x with a C++/mysql/python application. This should eliminate the diversity problem, but that doesn't mean we will not run into hardware issues. We may even have to assign the jobs greedily to the node with the fastest CPU first.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

question about clusters

hello all...first off let me say hi and im really glad to be apart of this community....tried to join awhile back but i couldnt for some reason im a highschool student and im eager to learn and what im trying to learn now is clusters i have 3 computers in my room all connected on a simple hub ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hexadecimal0011
1 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Solaris

List zones bound to a pool

How to get the list of zones which are bound to a pool say appPool. Rather then logging in each zone and then check from pool stat command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Programming

env not bound: BEDEWORK

I was trying to test dump data on bedework jxi console however I got the error below.I'm using debian as my OS and installed quickstart bedework on it. Pls advise what am I missing. thanks Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env not bound at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

5. Solaris

VCS Clusters

:)Hi, can someone please explain VCS clustering and where do we need VCS clusters ..? :o:)Thanks in advance :o:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
1 Replies

6. Linux

Memory bound error...

Hi all, Am getting the below error for a job that is run in our system. error code: 114, pc=0, call=1, seg=0 114 Attempt to access item beyond bounds of memory (Signal 11) This job uses a cobol program and as far as I know, the problem is related to this cobol program. What does this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: das.somik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Bound, Unbound, Idle, Listening,

Hi Guys, I am studying netstat and I am getting confused a lot. I will be glad if someone will be kind enough to explain to me : 1) bound port 2) unbound port 3) idle 4 listening I will very much appreciate it. Thanks guys We have a special forum with special rules for homework (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to fix the CPU bound issues on AIX?

Hi All, Can you please answer my question. i see lot of CPU utilization on AIX LPARs. i am able to find the cause of the probelm. But i do not know how to mitigate or fix the problem. for instance, i found the process which is consuming most of CPU. i informed the responsible team. how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: get upper and lower bound per group

Hi all, I've data as: 22 51018157 51018157 exonic CHKB nonsynonymous SNV 22 51018204 51018204 exonic CHKB nonsynonymous SNV 22 51018428 51018428 exonic CHKB nonsynonymous SNV 22 51018814 51018814 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
4 Replies
GRID-CA-PACKAGE(1)						  Globus Commands						GRID-CA-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
grid-ca-package - Prepare a CA certificate, configuration, and policy for distribution SYNOPSIS
grid-ca-package [-help] [-h] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] grid-ca-package [-ca HASH] [-g] [-b] [-r] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The grid-ca-package utility creates a tarball containing an RPM spec file and the files needed to use a CA with grid tools. It optionally will also create a GPT package for distributing a CA. By default, the grid-ca-package utility displays a list of installed grid CA and prompts for which CA to package. It then creates a tarball containing the CA certificate, signing policy, CA configuration files, and an spec script to generate a binary RPM package containing the CA. If the CA hash is known prior to running grid-ca-package, it may provided as an argument to the -ca parameter to avoid prompting. In addition to generating a spec script and tarball, grid-ca-package creates a GPT package if either the -g or -b options are used on the command-line. These packages may be used to distribute a CA and configuration to systems which do not support RPM packages. The grid-ca-package utility writes the package tarballs to the current working directory. The full set of command-line options to grid-ca-package follows. -help, -h, -usage Display the command-line options to grid-ca-package and exit. -version, -versions Display the version number of the grid-ca-package command. The second form includes more details. -ca CA Use the CA whose name matches the hash string CA. When invoked with this option, grid-ca-package runs non-interactively. -g Create a GPT binary package in addition to the RPM script tarball. This package may be installed on other systems using the gpt-install program. -b Create a GPT binary package with GPT metadata located in the path expected by GPT 3.2 (used in Globus 2.0.0-5.0.x) instead of ${datadir}/globus/packages as used in Globus 5.2.x. This option overrides the -g command-line option. -r Create a binary RPM package for the CA. This option currently only works on RPM-based distributions. -d Create a binary Debian package for the CA. This option currently only works on Debian-based distributions. EXAMPLES
Package a Simple CA with hash 0146c503 % grid-ca-package -ca 0146c503 Creating RPM source tarball... done globus_simple_ca_0146c503.tar.gz ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-ca-package: GLOBUS_LOCATION Non-standard installation path of the Globus toolkit. SEE ALSO
grid-cert-request(1), grid-ca-sign(1), grid-default-ca(1), grid-ca-create(1) AUTHOR
University of Chicago Globus Toolkit 5.2.0 07/22/2011 GRID-CA-PACKAGE(1)