Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to open the linux text file in windows Post 302692013 by prakumar on Monday 27th of August 2012 01:15:09 AM
Old 08-27-2012
how to open the linux text file in windows

Hi friends,

help me i downloaded some file from the Linux and i copied it to windows.Now i am unable to open those file. please help me how to open those file. the files are something like

test.tcl
note.tcl

Thanking you
Praveen

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

open unix file in windows

Hi, I have a text file in unix. i am trying to give a link in Internet explorer to that file. If i click on the link in Internet Explorer page then it should display the text from file in unix. is that anyway possible.... i am trying it for past 2 days....if i find a way out i will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name in gtk+

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name shown in a label widget in gtk+. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open windows's .url file in unix

In windows, I can create a shortcut for websites. It's a .url file. the content of the file is like: How can I open it, the .url file, in firefox or google chrome in Unix(or just ubuntu)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hz_i3
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to examine and open a text file?

Hi I am a new to linux, i was faced a file to know is a text file but its type isnt text document and i can not open it please guide me. Regards ---------- Post updated at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:40 AM ---------- Thank you for your cooperation, my OS is a centOS 5.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkhorami76
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cannot open text file

Hi I am a new to linux, I was faced a file to know is a text file but its type isn't text document and I cannot open it, please guide me. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkhorami76
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open the file and edit/append the text

Hi i have a file like this mailboxnum 20 filename <to subsitute> fileloaction /home/dd234/ filetype txt in a directory i have set of files for ex: TT45.1.2 TT45.1.3 TT45.1.4 . . in for loop i have to take this files and subsitute one by one ex: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open a huge text file?

Hi. I have a 10 Gb text file.the default text editor in ubuntu doens't open it. Does anyone know how can i open it?? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stalaei
4 Replies
source(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						      source(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -encoding encodingName fileName | _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is "32" (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If you require a "^Z" in code for string comparison, you can use "32" or "u001a", which will be safely substituted by the Tcl interpreter into "^Z". The -encoding option is used to specify the encoding of the data stored in fileName. When the -encoding option is omitted, the system | encoding is assumed. EXAMPLE
Run the script in the file foo.tcl and then the script in the file bar.tcl: source foo.tcl source bar.tcl Alternatively: foreach scriptFile {foo.tcl bar.tcl} { source $scriptFile } SEE ALSO
file(3tcl), cd(3tcl), encoding(3tcl), info(3tcl) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(3tcl)