Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java 7 installation problem
Top Forums Programming Java 7 installation problem Post 302691863 by radoulov on Sunday 26th of August 2012 07:42:42 AM
Old 08-26-2012
Where did you download the rpm from? Try to download it from the Oracle official site and try again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how do i run java on Mandriva 2006 after installation?

i have install jdk1.6 on my mandriva linux os. i do not know now what is the next steps to compile and run my java code. it seems to be no jre on mandriva. help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinarcisco
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Java Installation

Hi Guys, I am new here, Currently i am having a problem. below is the information to my problem I have Java version 5 installed on my solaris box and currently there is a request to install java version 6 as well on the same box. Can i have 2 java running on the same box? If yes how do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinrockers
1 Replies

4. Solaris

JAMES (Java Apache Mail Enterprise Server) - Installation/Configuration Problem

Good Afternoon Intelligent Administrators/Debuggers! I am installing JAMES on an internal server (192.168.2.33) Specs of xxx.xxx.xxx.33 = SunOS v210b 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210 After placing and "gunziping" the respective file, I am trying to run it by: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kazmiM
1 Replies

5. Programming

can i have an optimal solution for this java code ? Facing Java heap space problem even at 3GB heaps

My desired output is run: for this 1 for this 2 for this 3 for this 4 for this 5 for this 1,2 1->2 for this 2,3 2->3 for this 3,4 3->4 for this 4,5 4->5 for this 1,2,3 1->2,3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installation of java on RHEL6

HI all, I am trying to install java on RHEL 6 in a vm. Can any one Help me How to install Java on RHEL6. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saisrinivas99
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Java Installation on s Solaris 8

I have installed java 1.6.0_31 on a solaris 8 machine by mean of the jre-6u31-solaris-sparc.sh file. The installation i think is allright infact if I run the java -version command it shows the right version but if i try to run the command java -jar Monitor.jar c (where monitor.jar is a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemme
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

java error during upgrade or installation of package

Hi, everytime I do "sudo apt-get " and install package or just upgrade I get the following error: sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Java installation: No version could be obtained

Hi , i am in mid of upgrading one of the java based application which requires higher version of java 1.8 from java 1.6, I have updated bash_profile and required environment variable correctly but still application unable to obtain the required version of java 1.8. here is my environment detail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
JSVC(1) 						   Apache Commons Daemon project						   JSVC(1)

NAME
jsvc - application to launch java daemon SYNOPSIS
jsvc [-jvm JVM name] [-client client JVM] [-server server JVM] [-classpath path] [-cp path] [-java-home directory] [-version] [-help] [-?] [-nodetach] [-debug] [-check] [-user user] [-wait waittime] [-umask mask] [-stop] [-verbose:class|gc|jni] [-outfile /full/path/to/file] [-errfile /full/path/to/file] [-pidfile /full/path/to/file] [-Dproperty=value] [-Xoption] DESCRIPTION
jsvc executes classfile that implements a Daemon interface. OPTIONS
-jvm JVM name use a specific Java Virtual Machine. -client client JVM use a client Java Virtual Machine. -server server JVM use a server Java Virtual Machine. -cp/ -classpath directory and zip/jar files set search path for service classes and resouces -java-home directory set the path of your JDK or JRE installation (or set the JAVA_HOME environment variable) -version show the current Java environment version (to check correctness of -home and -jvm. Implies -nodetach) -help show this help page (implies -nodetach) -nodetach don't detach from parent process and become a daemon -debug verbosely print debugging information -check only check service (implies -nodetach) -stop stop the service using the file given in the -pidfile option -wait waittime wait up to waittime seconds for the service to start waittime should multiple of 10 (min=10) -umask mask sets the file mode creation mask -user user user used to run the daemon (defaults to current user) -verbose[:class|gc|jni] enable verbose output -outfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stdout (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&2' to simulate '1>&2', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -errfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stderr (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&1' to simulate '2>&1', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -pidfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from the file containing the pid of jsvc (defaults to /var/run/jsvc.pid) -D<name>=<value> set a Java system property -X<option> set Virtual Machine specific option AUTHOR
JSVC is part of the Apache Commons Daemon project. Authors are Jean-Frederic Clere, Remy Maucherat, Yoav Shapira, Bill Barker, Mladen Turk. JSVC is released under the Apache License Version 2.0. Jsvc version 1.0.6 08/17/2012 JSVC(1)