Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java 7 installation problem
Top Forums Programming Java 7 installation problem Post 302691821 by nvk_vinoth on Saturday 25th of August 2012 11:01:57 PM
Old 08-26-2012
Java 7 installation problem

Hi,

I am trying to install java7.6 on redhat 6.2 but got the below error message. In fact this error comes up for all the supported OS of JDK 7 and JRE 7. I am running this as root and I dont have any other Java version installed.

Code:
[root@XXX] # rpm -i jre-7u6-linux-x64.rpm
Unpacking JAR files...
 rt.jar...
Error: Could not open input file: /usr/java/jre1.7.0_06/lib/rt.pack
 jsse.jar...
Error: Could not open input file: /usr/java/jre1.7.0_06/lib/jsse.pack
 charsets.jar...
Error: Could not open input file: /usr/java/jre1.7.0_06/lib/charsets.pack
 localedata.jar...
Error: Could not open input file: /usr/java/jre1.7.0_06/lib/ext/localedata.pack
[root@XXXX]#

This happens even if I try a forceful installation. But Java is getting installed and could be found from rpm -qa. Appreciate any comments on this issue or is this a bug from Oracle?

Regards,
Vinoth

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by radoulov; 08-26-2012 at 08:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how do i run java on Mandriva 2006 after installation?

i have install jdk1.6 on my mandriva linux os. i do not know now what is the next steps to compile and run my java code. it seems to be no jre on mandriva. help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinarcisco
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Java Installation

Hi Guys, I am new here, Currently i am having a problem. below is the information to my problem I have Java version 5 installed on my solaris box and currently there is a request to install java version 6 as well on the same box. Can i have 2 java running on the same box? If yes how do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinrockers
1 Replies

4. Solaris

JAMES (Java Apache Mail Enterprise Server) - Installation/Configuration Problem

Good Afternoon Intelligent Administrators/Debuggers! I am installing JAMES on an internal server (192.168.2.33) Specs of xxx.xxx.xxx.33 = SunOS v210b 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210 After placing and "gunziping" the respective file, I am trying to run it by: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kazmiM
1 Replies

5. Programming

can i have an optimal solution for this java code ? Facing Java heap space problem even at 3GB heaps

My desired output is run: for this 1 for this 2 for this 3 for this 4 for this 5 for this 1,2 1->2 for this 2,3 2->3 for this 3,4 3->4 for this 4,5 4->5 for this 1,2,3 1->2,3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installation of java on RHEL6

HI all, I am trying to install java on RHEL 6 in a vm. Can any one Help me How to install Java on RHEL6. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saisrinivas99
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Java Installation on s Solaris 8

I have installed java 1.6.0_31 on a solaris 8 machine by mean of the jre-6u31-solaris-sparc.sh file. The installation i think is allright infact if I run the java -version command it shows the right version but if i try to run the command java -jar Monitor.jar c (where monitor.jar is a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemme
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

java error during upgrade or installation of package

Hi, everytime I do "sudo apt-get " and install package or just upgrade I get the following error: sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Java installation: No version could be obtained

Hi , i am in mid of upgrading one of the java based application which requires higher version of java 1.8 from java 1.6, I have updated bash_profile and required environment variable correctly but still application unable to obtain the required version of java 1.8. here is my environment detail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
SUNFLOW(1)						       SUNFLOW DOCUMENTATION							SUNFLOW(1)

NAME
sunflow - rendering system for photo-realistic image synthesis SYNOPSIS
sunflow [option(s)] file(s) DESCRIPTION
sunflow is an open source rendering system for photo-realistic image synthesis. It is written in Java and built around a flexible ray tracing core and an extensible object-oriented design. It was created as a framework for experimenting with global illumination algorithms and new surface shading models. GENERAL OPTIONS
A summary of the options can be obtained by using one of the following options: -h, -help Display the list of available commands PERFORMANCES
Sunflow will run considerably faster with the so called server VM (Virtual Machine). This server VM is part of Java, but it's not included in the standard (JRE) installation of Java. The server VM starts up more slowly and uses more memory than the standard VM, but it runs a lot faster in many cases. Sunflow's built-in realtime raytracing benchmark (-rtbench) for example runs more than twice as fast with the server VM (exact speedup depends on your hardware). The easiest way to get the server VM is by installing the Java Development Kit (JDK). On Debian, it is possible to install different JVM at the same time, amongst which: gij-4.2 (main), openjdk-6-jre (main), sun-java5-jre (non-free), sun-java6-jre (non-free). To change the java link from one to another, use (with root privileges): "update-alternatives --config java" A pretty good choice should be openjdk-6-jre. See also the "CONFIGURATION FILES" section. SUGGESTED OPTIONS
As explained above, the following options can be used to obtain a performance gain, but depend on JVM used: -server Use the server virtual machine. The JDK matching the selected JVM has to be installed for this option to actually work, e.g. sun-java5-jdk (non-free). A warning will be displayed otherwise, and this option ignored. -XmxMEM Use a memory upper limit of MEM instead of the default (probably 64M). Example of valid values: 512M, 1G. Those options are best set through the SUNFLOW_JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable, or stored in the configuration files. CONFIGURATION FILES
To allow flexible configuration, the sunflow wrapper sources two configuration files: /etc/sunflowrc and ~/.sunflowrc, in this order. The syntax is simple "export KEY=VALUE". Lines beginning with a sharp sign are ignored. The following options are supported: SUNFLOW_JAVA The java virtual machine to use. It's then possible to have e.g. a system-wide java alternative pointing to /usr/bin/gij-4.2, while sunflow uses a different JVM, e.g. /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.12/bin/java. If not set (the default), java will be called, meaning the system-wide alternative will be used. SUNFLOW_JAVA_OPTIONS Those are the options to be passed to the java interpreter, see above for examples. SUNFLOW_OPTIONS The list of options to pass to sunflow automatically to avoid repeating them on each invokation of sunflow. Quotation marks are needed if more than one option is specified. If not set (the default), no option is passed to sunflow. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/sunflow/README.Debian AUTHOR
Sunflow was written by Christopher Kulla <ckulla@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). It is licensed under the same terms as the package itself. 0.07.2.svn396 2011-08-07 SUNFLOW(1)