Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches Post 302690025 by bakunin on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 11:12:58 AM
Old 08-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts1999
An example, host installed with TL12 Concluding Service Pack (5) for 5.3, updated from TL8, but reporting TL11!
That's right. "oslevel" and similar tools always report the "lowest common denominator" - the fileset with the lowest patch level. If you have the whole system at TL12 and one fileset at TL11, then TL11 is reported. See also the pinned thread at the top of our board, where this is explained in detail.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see all installed PATCHES

Hi all I am using HPUX11.00 i want to know how to see all installed PATCHES ..and also to see any perticular patch has been installed or not solaris showrev -p does not work in HPUX please suggest any command thanks praful (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to find out installed patches on Sun5.9

Hi Unix Experts, I'm told to install WebSphere MQ on Sun 5.9 box. Before I install it, my task is to find out what OS patches have already installed on the box. I tried pkginfo -i command but it gives all of the packages installed. I want to find out a specific patch has been installed or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
1 Replies

3. Solaris

OS patches

Hi all, I am working on SUN-fire server solaris-10 How to find out what & how much " OS patches " installed on it?? plz help me out .:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

4. AIX

command to list all installed patches

hi all i need an command to list all installed patches in aix 5.3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

5. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

6. AIX

file set not getting installed in aix

Hi One of the file set is not getting installed in aix. ========================================================================================= cbspsap01:/ # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. AIX

applying patches in aix 5.3

Hi Admins, Basically i am HPUX guy.HP will release patch bundles every three months and the same we are applying on servers as proactive steps. Please let me know how it happens with AIX. My servers are AIX 5.3 with TL 10 and some are TL 7. These servers are installed 2 years back and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newaix
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Patches hp-ux

Hi, I donīt have support HP, so I donīt get download patches on itrc. Somebody know a free site to download HP-UX patches? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quimera
3 Replies

9. Solaris

need help with message: no patches installed

Hi Folks, I am getting the following error when trying to see installed patches on my Solaris 9 system :wall: # patchadd -p No patches installed # Any help will be much appreciated Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momin
1 Replies

10. Solaris

List of patches and date installed

Does anyone know of a command that would show the list of patches installed and the date it was installed? My understanding is that "showrev -p" would show patches but not the date they were installed. I'm looking for this on a Solaris 10 server. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixauditor
2 Replies
showfsets(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      showfsets(8)

NAME
showfsets - Display information about filesets in an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/showfsets [-b | -q] [-k] domain [fileset...] OPTIONS
Lists the names of the filesets in a file domain, without additional detail. Displays the total number of blocks and the number of free 1K blocks. Displays the quota limits for filesets in a domain. OPERANDS
Specifies the full path name of the AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of one or more filesets in the file domain. DESCRIPTION
The showfsets command displays the filesets (or clone filesets) and their characteristics in a specified domain. The characteristics of a fileset are: Fileset Identifier A fileset identifier is a combination of the file-domain identifier and an additional set of numbers that identify the fileset within the file domain. For example, the fileset identifier 2be95ef4.000a129.1.8001 consists of the following: 2be95ef4.000a129 1.8001 Clone status The status items of a clone fileset vary, depending on the fileset. Status items can include: Clone is Specifies the name of a clone fileset, if one exists for the parent fileset. Clone of Specifies the name of the parent fileset, if the displayed fileset is a clone fileset. Revision Specifies the number of times you revised a clone fileset. For example, if you recreate a clone fileset of the same parent fileset three times, the revision value is 3. Files Specifies the number of files in the fileset and the current file usage limits (quotas). SLim, the soft limit, is a quota that can be exceeded for a fixed period of time and HLim, the hard limit, is a quota that cannot be exceeded. Blocks Specifies the number of blocks that are in use by a mounted fileset and the current block soft and hard usage limits (quotas). For filesets that are not mounted, zero blocks will display. For an accurate display, the fileset must be mounted. Quota Status Specifies which quota types are enabled (enforced). The showfsets command with the -q option set displays block and file information for a specified domain or for one or more named filesets in the domain. The characteristics of a named fileset are: BF (block flag) Specifies block (B) and file (F) usage limits. A + in this field means that the soft limit is exceeded; a * means that the hard limit is reached. Block (512) Limits Specifies the number of blocks used, the soft limit (the number of blocks that can be exceeded for a period of time), the hard limit (the number of blocks that cannot be exceeded), and the grace period (the remaining time for which the soft limit may be exceeded). File Limits Specifies the number of files used, the soft and hard file limits for the fileset, and the grace period remaining. Note On a TruCluster Server, showfsets can sometimes report incorrect disk usage. Data in CFS client caches is synchronized to the server at least every 30 seconds. The disk usage reported does not account for dirty data in client caches that has not yet been synchro- nized to the server. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the command line and resulting display for the showfsets command: # showfsets usr_domain usr Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.1.8001 Clone is : usr_clone Files : 17644, SLim= 0, HLim= 0 Blocks (512) : 90582, SLim= 212000, HLim= 256000 Quota Status : user=on group=on usr_clone Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.3.8052 Clone of : usr Revision : 82 The following example shows the command line and resulting display when the fileset quota option is set: # showfsets -q test_domain Block (512) Limits File Limits Fileset BF used soft hard grace used soft hard grace fileset1 +- 1750 1500 2000 11:32 35 300 400 SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfset(8), rmfset(8) File Formats: advfs(4) showfsets(8)