Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories How not to install fibre links between data centres! Post 302688013 by jgt on Friday 17th of August 2012 11:32:08 AM
Old 08-17-2012
I assume you had the good sense not to touch it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install FreeBSD without loosing my data?

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

4 x fibre cards elimination

Hi, I have variables like mentioned below and want to separate as mentioned in output. var1="4 x fibre cards" var2="2 fibre cards" var3="6 - fibre cards" var4="4 x dual-port" I have variables like this.I want to separate numbers from this and fibre cards from this. output has to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
4 Replies

3. AIX

Install Fibre Card AIX 5.3

Hello, I have two systems that are being prepared to be SAN attached .. can anyone tell me any specific checks I should perform prior to the cards being installed... I am aware of firmware / OS level and relevant drivers, is there anything else? thanks Chris. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

5. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Fibre Channel HBA recommendations?

We will be buying new Xeon E5-based servers for our datacenter and were wondering which Fibre Channel host bus adapters we should select for these. The choices are Emulex or QLogic (8Gb FC HBAs). Anybody have any recommendations on which is the better choice? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atahmass
1 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS - fibre adapters not seeing luns

Hi guys, I've been trying to tackle this issue for days and I'm stumped. Hopefully someone can give more light on what else I can do. I have a p7 series box, with dual VIOS and 10 lpars and everything was working fine until I had to move the box to another location in the data centre. Ensured... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
16 Replies
TOUCH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  TOUCH(1)

NAME
touch -- change file access and modification times SYNOPSIS
touch [-acfhm] [-r file] [-t [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.SS]] file ... DESCRIPTION
The touch utility sets the modification and access times of files to the current time of day. If the file doesn't exist, it is created with default permissions. The following options are available: -a Change the access time of the file. The modification time of the file is not changed unless the -m flag is also specified. -c Do not create the file if it does not exist. The touch utility does not treat this as an error. No error messages are displayed and the exit value is not affected. -f This flag has no effect; it is accepted for compatibility reasons. -h If file is a symbolic link, access and/or modification time of the link is changed. This option implies -c. -m Change the modification time of the file. The access time of the file is not changed unless the -a flag is also specified. -r Use the access and modifications times from the specified file instead of the current time of day. -t Change the access and modification times to the specified time. The argument should be in the form ``[[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.SS]'' where each pair of letters represents the following: CC The first two digits of the year (the century). YY The second two digits of the year. If ``YY'' is specified, but ``CC'' is not, a value for ``YY'' between 69 and 99 results in a ``CC'' value of 19. Otherwise, a ``CC'' value of 20 is used. MM The month of the year, from 1 to 12. DD The day of the month, from 1 to 31. hh The hour of the day, from 0 to 23. mm The minute of the hour, from 0 to 59. SS The second of the minute, from 0 to 61. If the ``CC'' and ``YY'' letter pairs are not specified, the values default to the current year. If the ``SS'' letter pair is not specified, the value defaults to 0. The touch utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. COMPATIBILITY
The obsolescent form of touch, where a time format is specified as the first argument, is supported. When no -r or -t option is specified, there are at least two arguments, and the first argument is a string of digits either eight or ten characters in length, the first argument is interpreted as a time specification of the form ``MMDDhhmm[YY]''. The ``MM'', ``DD'', ``hh'' and ``mm'' letter pairs are treated as their counterparts specified to the -t option. If the ``YY'' letter pair is in the range 69 to 99, the year is set to 1969 to 1999, otherwise, the year is set in the 21st century. SEE ALSO
utimes(2) STANDARDS
The touch utility is expected to be a superset of the IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') specification. HISTORY
A touch utility appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
A symbolic link can't be a reference file of access and/or modification time. BSD
February 22, 2011 BSD